Mickey's Toontown and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Anniversary

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland opened twenty-one years ago, yesterday. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, the ever-so-popular ride, opened a year later, twenty years ago. Happy Birthday to both!

Toontown.jpg

RIP, Trolley:

yes440990LARGE.jpg

roger-rabbits-car-toon-spin_alt.jpg

Cosmic Commando

Fun fact: the ride was originally supposed to go up to the second floor and go outside, as well. At some point, though, they discovered that the ride vehicles simply wouldn't be able to make it up the ramp to get upstairs. However, because of the staggered opening schedule that @raven24 pointed out, the Roger Rabbit building was done way before the ride was. You can see where the vehicles were supposed to go outside on the second floor if you look to the left of the entrance.

Toontown.jpg

ToontownGag.jpg

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Fun fact: the ride was originally supposed to go up to the second floor and go outside, as well. At some point, though, they discovered that the ride vehicles simply wouldn't be able to make it up the ramp to get upstairs. However, because of the staggered opening schedule that @raven24 pointed out, the Roger Rabbit building was done way before the ride was. You can see where the vehicles were supposed to go outside on the second floor if you look to the left of the entrance.

Toontown.jpg

ToontownGag.jpg
Neat fact. Thanks for sharing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You don't like the film? Why not if you don't mind me asking?

It has been awhile since I watched it but just wasn't a big fan of the story, or the characters. Roger seemed a little annoying and I didn't care for Jessica. Just one of those films that wasn't for me.

GiveMeTheMusic

Toontown is underrated IMO - it was a fully immersive and realized environment from day one, a precursor to Cars Land. Every detail is taken care of, and the land's only real issue is lack of shade. There are so many layers to the land, and you can tell the Imagineers had a blast designing it.

If only TDA would do something with the trolley and the Chip and Dale dead space instead of just leaving them dead.

George Lucas on a Bench

Roger Rabbit has one of Disney's best queues.

The ride itself...eh, it's alright. Pretty good. I personally think it's awesome because Roger Rabbit is my favorite Disney film. I would have preferred something a bit closer to the movie (in that regard, I guess it is very much in the spirit of the Fantasyland dark rides), but it's always a great time just seeing Roger and Jessica.

Figments Friend

Roger Rabbit has one of Disney's best queues.

The ride itself...eh, it's alright. Pretty good. I personally think it's awesome because Roger Rabbit is my favorite Disney film. I would have preferred something a bit closer to the movie (in that regard, I guess it is very much in the spirit of the Fantasyland dark rides), but it's always a great time just seeing Roger and Jessica.

Agree...the queue is a must do if you are going to ride this attraction.
I do not recommend FP for it as you will completely miss the cool things to be seen/found in the queue.
Ride at least once without FP....and re-ride with it if need be.

One of my fave queues in the Park, but i loved the film and Roger and friends are some of my fave Disney characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom