Mickey's Starland Show!

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Man it's been a while since my last thread. But does anybody remember the old "Mickey Starland Show"? It used to be in one of the big tents that are up today I think. Gosh it used to be so magical when I was a kid. With all the characters and props. But does anybody have any pictures of show? Any chance of it coming back? Thanks! Post!:)

-Sir Hiss527-

"And the thrill of Disney fantisies, come to electric life, in Spectromagic".

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Man it's been a while since my last thread. But does anybody remember the old "Mickey Starland Show"? It used to be in one of the big tents that are up today I think. Gosh it used to be so magical when I was a kid. With all the characters and props. But does anybody have any pictures of show? Any chance of it coming back? Thanks! Post!:)

-Sir Hiss527-

"And the thrill of Disney fantisies, come to electric life, in Spectromagic".

Oh, I saw that show when I first went to WDW and I loved it! I think I saw it 4 times. It had all of my favorite TV show Disney characters and all of the songs, and props. I liked it when Dark Wing Duck popped out and danced to the song, "Dark Wing Duck". It used to be my favorite TV show. It was probably my favorite part of WDW. I've got some pictures of it, but I don't have a scanner.:cry:

Nickahlers

YES!!!

I used to LOVE that show backin the day!! I also loved the Mickey's Birthday Show they had there, where all the characters and a girl in a yellow dress planned Mickey's surprise birthday party. Then at the end when you exited there was a huge cake with all the characters in the lobby. I always wished Toontown still had a show. It's kind of disappointing now that there's nothing really to do there :(

Connears

I actually videotaped Mickey's Starland show and I loved all the Cartoon guys, Balloo, Darkwing Duck and the host was CJ. It was a great show and my son loved it. sorry to see it go.
Connears:(

Dizknee_Phreek

yeah, i saw that show once! i loved it! my sister and i used to watch all those Disney shows that used to come on in the afternoons...it was just great! boy, those were the days, huh?
i doubt the show will ever come back. IF it does, i'd see it coming back with Rollie Pollie Ollie and whatever else they're showing kids on the Disney Channel these days (unfortunately, i no longer get Disney Channel with my cable, so i don't know what they offer)

RPMdfw

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
IF it does, i'd see it coming back with Rollie Pollie Ollie and whatever else they're showing kids on the Disney Channel these days

So, basically we're talking about a Sister Sister/Boy Meets World show:brick:

Bagheera

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i doubt the show will ever come back. IF it does, i'd see it coming back with Rollie Pollie Ollie and whatever else they're showing kids on the Disney Channel these days

I'll doubt that, since they've already got the Playhouse Disney show over at the Studios. (One of my son's favorite attractions.)

Snoballego

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration

I think the new Castle Show is amazing (Cinderella's Surprise Celebration). Great Characters/Best Location. I think it does an excellent job with quality/quantity of characters. I hope it is around for a long time to come. I don't think any other character show could compare. Plus you can meet Max and Launchpad McQuack at the end!

I could be wrong,

Snoballego

burnsland

I looked through my pictures, and I just have one from the Mickey's Starland Show. And as you can see, it just has Mickey and the live hostess, but none of the Disney Afternoon Characters. I did have several pictures from the Mickey's Birthdayland show, though.

Attachments

• mickeys_starland_show.jpg
    mickeys_starland_show.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 125

imagineer boy

Originally posted by burnsland
I looked through my pictures, and I just have one from the Mickey's Starland Show. And as you can see, it just has Mickey and the live hostess, but none of the Disney Afternoon Characters. I did have several pictures from the Mickey's Birthdayland show, though.

Wow, that picture brings back memories. I don't remeber much from the show ( I was four when I first saw it ) But I remember that characters from different sets of each show would come out and dance to the theme songs of their show. Then there was one part where the women host would interact with Goofy and Max. She goes with Goofy into a different room for some reason and leaves Max locked out accidently. Max sighs and sits down when all of these characters pop out of that rockett ship thing in the wall in a cloud of smoke and start dancing around with Max. That's all I remember. Does anyone else remember how the whole show went? What it was about? If so, do tell!:)

JLW11Hi

Oh man, I used to love that show. When I was young and we came back every year or so, we would go to that show and it would usually be updated from the year before with whatever new show the Disney Afternoon had.

In fact, if you mentioned Disney World to me about 8 years ago, this show would probably be the first thing to pop into my mind!

ToWeroFTerRor67

You got most of it right but the way I remember it, Mickey was there and the people were, Duck tales later replaced by Goof troop, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers later replaced by bonkers. It started out with Mickey introducing CJ and this computer thing. The whole time there is a box on stage and darkwing comes out and opens it and Roger rabbit was in it and he wishes Mickey a happy B-Day. Then the talespin characters come out and sing a song with mickey. It ends up with mickey and Goofy or scrooge mcduck getting traped in Scrooge's vault or the goof house depending on when you saw it. Then Cj was like this looks like a job for Chip and Dale/ Bonkers, again depending on the time, they sing their song and then they blow the vault/Goofdoor and out come mickey and the others where they sing a song. Im gonna look for the video this weekend and hopefully i can add more.

Wahoo2424

I remember the show with the Darkwing Duck and shows like that, but I also remembered a show where we went into a big room with a giant cake and the characters dancing on it. And then after the show, everyone got a piece of birthday cake. I think it was for one of Mickey's birthday celebrations, probably when the section first opened when it was called Mickey's Birthdayland.

ToWeroFTerRor67

I'm sure the show underwent many changes over the years. I only remember the one with the disney Afternoon characters. I really liked that show and I think its a shame they dont have anything like that at MK now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom