Mickey's PhilharMagic closing for short refurbishment in September

UofMGuy423

Hopefully they clean up the seats, the queue area and the screen. My kids and I love this attraction, but would certainly love to see some added scenes with Frozen. That would definitely pack the house and maybe lower the Elsa and Anna meet and greet from 200 minutes to 195 minutes. ;)

Dads 2 Boys

I saw the closing in September title and was bummed however elated it re-opens the day we arrive. Hopefully no delays. It very well may be my favorite attraction in all of WDW. My youngest son was 10 last time he was there and it's his favorite in all of MK and only behind RNR. He'll be 13 in Sept and is very much looking forward to it.

hokielutz

The seats in our row were in pretty rough shape the last time I went in there a few weeks back. If I had to guess it's going to be some basic maintenance on the theater and not a change to the film itself. Maybe they'll finally be able to get Donald out of the wall, he's been stuck in there for years.

Donald was working fine last week. tail shakes and smoke effect all working.

hokielutz

From my visit last week.... I think the things that need fixing are the scent tubes need to be purged / cleaned out, fix any lighting that is not working, and repair fabric/seats that are in bad shape.

12 days isn't enough time to plug in a new film and sequence/test revised special effects.

danv3

I'd love to see Philharmagic work like Star Tours, with a variety of scenes chosen randomly. Obviously that won't happen over the course of a 12-day refurb, but long-term it would be a great way to revitalize the attraction.

Magenta Panther

It has been over 2 years since my last WDW visit, but last time I did this movie the quality was abysmal. Blurry as it could be and the 3D had a ton of double imaging/crosstalk (while I do have an astigmatism, I wear corrective glasses and have no such trouble seeing pretty perfect 3D with Muppetvision or in any decently kept up movie theater). I'm assuming the reason Philharmagic looks as bad as it does is because it still uses film and hasn't been upgraded to digital, which is usually the culprit with poor quality projection (Disney does a really awful job maintaining film at WDW and it's common to see problems wherever there's a projected element). Muppets I believe was upped to digital some years ago and looked fantastic last time I did it (don't know about Captain EO but last I watched it a few years ago the quality and 3D also seemed pretty darn good). I don't know if they're going to upgrade the movie during the refurb, but i suppose it should be possible within a short period of time (though i wouldn't bet money on it). I assume the quality hasn't improved any over the last couple of years (probably worse), it needs to be fixed ASAP...

Absolutely agree with everything you said. The 3D is AWFUL in Philharmagic, and that's a damn shame because it's such a good show and pretty much the most "Disney" attraction in the entire park. It's way overdue for a major upgrade. I sure hope that happens. Shame on TDO if it doesn't.

jt04

This show would work infinitely better as part of the Animation Courtyard at the Studios. It just does not fit the new Fantasyland and really never did. It would absolutely fill a need at a park that specifically celebrates Disney's history of animation and would be worth the modest costs to relocate the show.

And of course this would create a great opportunity for a state of the art addition to the new and improving Magic Kingdom. Many franchises would work. Frozen. Brave. Rapunzel. Cindy. Aurora. PH. All of these could work.

~keep the momentum~

Launchpad McQuack

This is one of my top ten WDW attractions, easily, and I have that it will be closed for the vast majority of my trip (Sept. 7-12), but I guess I will just need to do it multiple times on the 7th.

I'm assuming this is just basic upkeep/maintenance (reupholstering some chairs and stuff like that), but I would love to see some other films/songs rotated in. Obviously "Let It Go" would be great, but let's not forget "I See The Light" from Tangled! That would be an awesome addition to the attraction. I don't know which scenes I would take out, though. I mean, I'd love if they just added, but they would probably take a couple out to keep it the same run time.

The Magical Genie 123

Darn, my family and I will be down there from the 13th-23rd. Hopefully we can get to it before we go! But I am glad to see it getting some attention for once. Maybe a new film scene or segments? That would be great!

RSoxNo1

I'd love to see Philharmagic work like Star Tours, with a variety of scenes chosen randomly. Obviously that won't happen over the course of a 12-day refurb, but long-term it would be a great way to revitalize the attraction.
Long been a wish of mine as well. I highly doubt it's in the cards, but we may actually see changes to the show.

Captain Chaos

12 days? Enough time to take out the garbage bags and replace them. Oh fix the attraction? Clean it up? Nah, TDO ain't got time for that!

RSoxNo1

PhilharMagic is off the calendar from 9/8-9/19, other attractions are so that should at the very least confirm the refurb.

Mouse Trap

From my visit last week.... I think the things that need fixing are the scent tubes need to be purged / cleaned out, fix any lighting that is not working, and repair fabric/seats that are in bad shape.

12 days isn't enough time to plug in a new film and sequence/test revised special effects.

12 days is plenty of time. They do not need to close the attraction to create a new sequence (assuming digital and not analog projectors). Not saying I think it will happen, but to test out an added 30 seconds it is sufficent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom