Mickey's Philhar Magic Brought Up an Idea

radiohost

Original Poster
Our family just went on MPM a few weeks ago and was very impressed... As we were leaving the theater we talked about why disney doesnt make any movies like this??? It would be awsesome... Seeing how the sequel disease is plagueing all of hollywood right now, it would be nice to see some imagination and creativity put back into storytelling...And im not necessarly saying that it should be 3-D,,, but rather the new computer animation... I would like to see mickey and friends to make movies together again...Radiohost:cool:

jiddng

On another note, my son has been anxiously awaiting more merchandising with the Philharmagic Mickey. All they have now is 1 small stuffed plushie. He's looking for a figurine, possibly a bobblehead.

Here's hoping TPTB read this and get some nice ideas of their own!

WhyteAL

Mickey's twice upon a christmas is just like that. Not 3D though, but computer animation. And it stars Mickey and friends (Donald, Diasy, Minnie, Goofy, Max, Scrooge, etc.) its really good better than Once upon a christmas.
Plus theirs that valient movie which I have not seen yet.
And Chiken little which is alright.

bob0012

radiohost said:
Our family just went on MPM a few weeks ago and was very impressed... As we were leaving the theater we talked about why disney doesnt make any movies like this??? It would be awsesome... Seeing how the sequel disease is plagueing all of hollywood right now, it would be nice to see some imagination and creativity put back into storytelling...And im not necessarly saying that it should be 3-D,,, but rather the new computer animation... I would like to see mickey and friends to make movies together again...Radiohost:cool:

Sadly, Mickey, Donald and Goofy just aren't the big pull anymore since they don't use them in anything. Kids are a lot more hyped about Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, and the Princesses.

WhyteAL

bob0012 said:
Sadly, Mickey, Donald and Goofy just aren't the big pull anymore since they don't use them in anything. Kids are a lot more hyped about Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, and the Princesses.

Not neccessarly true its just that those characters are out of the mainstream. If they come back into the mainstream they would be much more popular. Because all us parents grew up with them. Even though my kids love pretty much all disney characters. But I think its because we have a big DVD librarary with all the different characters not just the new movies.:)

bob0012

WhyteAL said:
Not neccessarly true its just that those characters are out of the mainstream. If they come back into the mainstream they would be much more popular.

That's exactly what I was saying, because disney no longer does a lot with their old characters, they are out of the mainstream, no longer all that popular, and no longer the biggest pull to WDW. It was a sad day when it took me less time to get to Mickey then to Buzz Lightyear.

imagineersrock

bob0012 said:
That's exactly what I was saying, because disney no longer does a lot with their old characters, they are out of the mainstream, no longer all that popular, and no longer the biggest pull to WDW. It was a sad day when it took me less time to get to Mickey then to Buzz Lightyear.

I'm not sure what exactly you guys are talking about..... For someone who works near a character meet & greet area I can assure you that while people get excited over just about any character, the one character folks (parents and children alike) go CRAZY about is Mickey Mouse. You say these characters are no longer all that popular, but the screaming, running, and endless photos say otherwise.

Just because a character might not have made a recent film, in no way does that mean they are no longer popular.

Lets keep in mind who comes out to rope drop each morning, can be found at practically every meet & greet, and is the star of Fantasmic! ...Trust me, the "fab 5" (or 7, depends who you include) aren't going anywhere. :)

JMelrose

What would be cool...

What I think would be very cool would be to develop a ride using the Soarin' mechanism to fly through famous locales from Disney/Pixar movies. Not even in 3-D, just very cool, high-definition, no story or whatever. The sensations Soarin' gives makes the 3-D aspect almost redundant.

I know they want to do more Soarin' rides, I hope they think outside the box and don't just make it flying over various real-life locations. THere's so many possiblities to take hang gliding rides over places we could never really go. Maybe hangglide over a microchip, or a bacteria colony, or even the Moon once we get back there.

WhyteAL

JMelrose said:
I know they want to do more Soarin' rides, I hope they think outside the box and don't just make it flying over various real-life locations.

I know you said think outside the box but in epcot if they would have made that ride "soarin' over china 360" that would have been much cooler than that regular 360 movie. I don't know how they would have done it or were to fit it but it would have helped improve rides for the countries. Which we all know kids dislike. :cool:

Vernonpush

WhyteAL said:
I don't know how they would have done it or were to fit it but it would have helped improve rides for the countries. Which we all know kids dislike. :cool:
"Buzz Lightyear" joystick spinning seats on gimbals syncronized to the movie.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I think a feature film length version of mickeys philharmagic would do very well at the theaters. If they used the same quality graphics though. The graphics in the christmas dvd were horrible.. not even close to philharmagic in detail and motion. Anyway.. a high quality feature length movie starring all the characters with the songs etc ... it would do good I think. As long as they kept the spirit of philharmagic and the original movies... instead of trying to make it full of corny jokes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom