Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

sissa216

Those of you that went to MNSSHP before with a toddler, how late do you stay? We're taking our son to Disney for the first time and he will be 17 months. We really want to do MNSSHP but I'm a little worried about staying out late.

We took our son at 10 months to MNSSHP, and 23 months to MVMCP.
Both times he fell asleep around 9-9:30, and slept the rest of the night in the stroller. It didn't bother us; he was free to get in, and we were able to enjoy the night spending time with each other and taking everything in. Before he was born, we often visited the parties as a couple.

This year, he'll be 3 weeks shy of 3 at MVMCP; I'm hoping he stays up a bit later this time to enjoy the parade and fireworks- we'll see! He loved everything that he did stay awake for in the past.

SpaceMtn#1

Both times he fell asleep around 9-9:30, and slept the rest of the night in the stroller. It didn't bother us; he was free to get in, and we were able to enjoy the night spending time with each other and taking everything in. Before he was born, we often visited the parties as a couple.

This year, he'll be 3 weeks shy of 3 at MVMCP; I'm hoping he stays up a bit later this time to enjoy the parade and fireworks- we'll see! He loved everything that he did stay awake for in the past.

So he slept through the fireworks?? And (just curious), did you skip the first parade in order to do other things? Or did you see it twice? (I was thinking we should skip the first parade and spend that time meeting some of the characters, so we would see the second parade only. But I would like him to see the parade too...it's hard to decide!)

seahawk7

I just want to mention to everyone who likes the WDW MNSSHP that DL's is a lot of fun also. There are some differences mainly surrounding Jack Skellington. If you ever want to venture over to DL, go for their MNSSHP and make it a little trip.
I want to go to WDW's since I haven't yet. It's on my list.

Last edited:

sissa216

So he slept through the fireworks?? And (just curious), did you skip the first parade in order to do other things? Or did you see it twice? (I was thinking we should skip the first parade and spend that time meeting some of the characters, so we would see the second parade only. But I would like him to see the parade too...it's hard to decide!)

He did! We couldn't believe it. Slept right through them. He did make it to Wishes and Illuminations other nights though.

We did watch the second parade- there was hardly any crowd at the second one. Looking back, it may have been nice to do the first so he was awake for it!! He loves the daytime parades.

As far as characters go- they are are a HUGE hit with our son, especially at the trip when he was 23 months. We rearranged quite a bit of our scheduled to give him more character time. However, at the parties, there will probably be a long wait for most of the characters. There are rare characters at the parties (or characters in special outfits that can only be found at parties)- so the lines tend to be pretty long.

We checked out a few of their locations, saw the lines, and decided to spend our time elsewhere (we hit basically every other meet and greet on property during regular hours). For example, we waited about 15 minutes for Scrooge at MVMCP, and barely moved up in line. We left the line and hopped on Dumbo without any wait. He loved it so much, we rode 4 times in a row without getting out, and were the only ones on the ride for a few times around!

SpaceMtn#1

He did! We couldn't believe it. Slept right through them. He did make it to Wishes and Illuminations other nights though.

We did watch the second parade- there was hardly any crowd at the second one. Looking back, it may have been nice to do the first so he was awake for it!! He loves the daytime parades.

As far as characters go- they are are a HUGE hit with our son, especially at the trip when he was 23 months. We rearranged quite a bit of our scheduled to give him more character time. However, at the parties, there will probably be a long wait for most of the characters. There are rare characters at the parties (or characters in special outfits that can only be found at parties)- so the lines tend to be pretty long.

We checked out a few of their locations, saw the lines, and decided to spend our time elsewhere (we hit basically every other meet and greet on property during regular hours). For example, we waited about 15 minutes for Scrooge at MVMCP, and barely moved up in line. We left the line and hopped on Dumbo without any wait. He loved it so much, we rode 4 times in a row without getting out, and were the only ones on the ride for a few times around!
Thanks so much for your replies. This is really helping me plan our trip!

Kristamouse

My avatar is our kids at MNSSHP knocked out around 11:00, We got them home after 12:00 and washed them up and brushed thier teeth Weekend at Bernie's style ans got them too bed. I just can't not shower after park days Or let my kids, ick! The next day we all slept in and left for home.
Thoose sleeping darlings are 10 and 9 now and we have 3 more kids:)
As for worth it we haven't done it since the huge price increase. IMHOP the tickets are too much for what you get. We went three times and the 2nd and3rd were so crowded and the candy lines were giveing out way less than the 1st year. Back in thoose days we had no expiration 14 day tickets from touring a time share. We would not go to park that day to save an admission and get in at 4:00pm with MNSSHP tickets. Then the MNSSHP tickets were like 35.00 very reasonalble for my family.
We only buy christmas ornaments, not into merchandise or pins at all. Last year all of the food like cupcakes were being sold all day not just during the party. As for characters not really a draw for us either and at our last teo parties they lines were crazy long. The parade hasn't changed or the Fireworks since then, i k wo because i have watched on You Tube. For my family of 7, I would rather extend our vacation then attend another party.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't think you would regret going. We went last year for the first time and are going again this year Pretty much my favorite event they do. Definitely worth the extra cash.

JIMINYCR

I went last year, first time, with a friend and found it to be very enjoyable. I'd spend the money to do it again. The event is so different and unique that I found it worth the money. We were dressed in costume and had photos taken in front of HM and later with the 7 dwarfs, and many others. We werent into collecting the candy but there were kids with enough of a haul to last them for the next 5 years. The castle show and fireworks were alone worth the price. Then we got to do lots of rides especially after the crowds thinned out. One of the Disney events worth doing.

Ironace

we went last year for the first time, me, DW, DS 2yr, DS, 4yr. Being able to enter at 4:0opm you can plan for one less park ticket for you length of stay to off set some of the cost, which may not be much but is better than nothing. It is a good day to relax at resort and let the kids to take it easy and nap a lot. we made ADR at Tony's for 5pm and then it was off we went to get a spot for parade. next time we will wait for second parade and hit the candy trails and rides first. Our boys closed every park while we were there but we always took breaks and went back to resort to relax in room and watch Disney shows and nap and then return to the park. Worth doing at least once, but we will do multiple time

Magenta Panther

It is so much fun... If you go, just don't use the time to ride attractions. (except maybe Haunted Mansion)

I agree about the Mansion - it may be the ONE time you'll get to ride it without experiencing stoppages for wheelchair and scooter-users. In other words, it may be the ONE time to experience the Mansion the way it was meant to be experienced. Too bad TDO has ZERO interest in or respect for that...

ALSO - I would HIGHLY recommend using the time to ride Peter Pan's Flight. Trust me. You'll never find a better time to try to ride it. Unless you LIKE waiting in a tight hot sweaty claustrophobic line for over 40 minutes, which WILL happen if you try to ride it during regular park hours...

Matt_Black

I agree about the Mansion - it may be the ONE time you'll get to ride it without experiencing stoppages for wheelchair and scooter-users. In other words, it may be the ONE time to experience the Mansion the way it was meant to be experienced. Too bad TDO has ZERO interest in or respect for that...

Yes, heaven forbid people with physical disadvantages enjoy attractions.

HatboxGhost

My wife and I love it so much that we go twice when we are there. The first time we went we only did one night and felt that we didn't have enough time to fully enjoy everything but it CAN be done in one night. We just like to take our time and breathe everything in.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Come on now....I have been on this attraction many times without experiencing stoppages. In April. In May. In September. In October. In December.

Mr. Toad

We usually plan our vacations to make sure we will be in WDW for MNSSHP. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Like HatboxGhost, we have also done it more than once on the same trip. The entire park seems so different during the party.

Matt_Black

And I love how the different areas have different party music different from what's in the day. Adventureland has classic rock that ties into the Adventureland theme (Welcome to the Jungle, Rock You Like a Hurricane, etc.), Frontierland has country music (Little Patch of Heaven!!!), Fantasyland has villain songs... Didn't get a chance to head over to Tomorrowland, the Circus, or Liberty Square for any length of time.

Wishes 1971

We took our boys a few times when they were little.....here is our youngest (he's a little over 2)....he enjoyed it until he couldn't hold out anymore!!! He fell asleep between character visits! He slept while our twins enjoyed the rest of the night....

Scan0175.jpg

DisneyDaver

Those of you that went to MNSSHP before with a toddler, how late do you stay? We're taking our son to Disney for the first time and he will be 17 months. We really want to do MNSSHP but I'm a little worried about staying out late.

I love MNSSHP and highly recommend it, but I wouldn't go if I had a 17 month old. I feel that to get your money's worth, you need to be there most of the night (I always stay until midnight but could see leaving around 11:00'ish).

thomas998

We will be at WDW at the start of the MNSSHP, we are just wondering if it would be worth spending the extra $300 to attend?

If you enjoy Halloween then do it. It is the best hard ticket party that Disney has, and worth it if you enjoy Halloween.... But I would also suggest if you do it, then do it right and wear costumes (nothing too hot because you'll die from heat stroke in Florida) and don't miss the parade.... Fireworks are fine but you really do it for the trick or treating and parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom