Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

happyrdhead

Original Poster
Hey there, I'm going to be at WDW the 1st week of October and had planned on attending the party-is it worth the extra $$? Also, I was curious if anyone knows how many tickets are sold for each night if it sells out so often. I've called Disney to try to get the answer to this question-the 1st person I talked to said they thought it was 20,000. Noone else I've asked had an answer. If they sell 20,000 tickets for this "party", is it not just a complete madhouse? Just curious and wanting some opinions from those who've been. My 5 year old nephew will be with us.

Thanks

ddbutts1

Yes it is worth the money. We're adults and we love the party. As for the number of tickets sold, hard to tell, but 20,000 seems way low. You can buy tickets online at DisneyWorld.com

tecowdw

First week of the party should not be too bad at all. Fridays are usually apt to sell out but more so closer to middle and later Fridays. The final week and Halloween will likely sell out.

Not sure what the limit is. If it is 20,000, believe it or not, that is a very managable crowd. However, I would guess it is higher than that. Obvisouly, the sell out nights will seem much more crowded.

Is it worth it (at around $35)? Yep. The theming is great and atmosphere is fun with all the people dressed up. About 50% of the adult guests dress up so everyone would be comfortabe with their decision to dress up or not. When isn't it fun to go to a Disney special event??

In fact, just ordered my tickets this evening!
:sohappy:

Of course, you're experience may vary! ;)
Check out http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh.htm for various guest experiences on the party.

HeadTigger

My wife and I went two years ago and had a blast. Most kids come dressed in costume and so do some adults. My wife and I went as Annette Funicello and Jimmy from the Mickey Mouse Club. I was Annette and my wife was Jimmy. We got quite a few laughs and even had our picture taken twice. If you are the type of person who can laugh at themselves and enjoy being silly, go in costume. Also, each ride gives out candy, there is an official picture taking area where you can get a picture to preserve the memory and there is a headless horseman who rides through the park. the lines for the rides were not long at all and it was not very crowded. We will definitely do it again sometime.

I went last year when I was on my CP. As someone who gets into the parks everyday for free I have to say that it is definitly worth the money to do Not So Scary. I didn't even ride a single ride the whole night, that's how much there is to do. Well I rode the Liberty Belle but it was Halloween themed, there was a storyteller and the Dapper Dan's performed as the Cadaver Dan's, very cool. And yes there is tons and tons of candy. I had an entire bagful still when i moved out of my apartment in January lol. Unlike at Very Merry the fireworks are not Wishes so it was nice to see a different show as well, not that I don't love Wishes. Halloween is always a sell out as well as the night or two before last year the 8th sold out as well. I worked one of the sold out dates and the crowds were not that bad, the max limit of people is quite reasonable, although I am not sure what that number is.

njblackberry

I was down there for a conference last year and a group of us went over. We had a great time! The park WAS crowded, with a ton of kids and strollers (all aimed at my ankles) :)

The Haunted Mansion was fantastic, the Halloween Parade is not to be missed and the fireworks were great - the best I had ever seen there until I was there for New Year's Eve.

Well worth it. So good that (at the conference this year) my wife is joining me and we will both be going to MNSSHP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom