News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

dreday3

So based on the sell-outs and the (many) reports I've read of crowds much lower than 2019, it would seem obvious that they are selling less tickets this time around.

I would imagine next year they will up the amount of tickets sold. Or....they like the optics of these sold out parties and will keep same amount of tickets sold, just have a bigger price increase.

G00fyDad

So based on the sell-outs and the (many) reports I've read of crowds much lower than 2019, it would seem obvious that they are selling less tickets this time around.

I would imagine next year they will up the amount of tickets sold. Or....they like the optics of these sold out parties and will keep same amount of tickets sold, just have a bigger price increase.

That's where I am putting my bet.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Or....they like the optics of these sold out parties and will keep same amount of tickets sold, just have a bigger price increase.
1662732718525.png

CntrlFlPete

was 2019 the only year w/ a multi-day ticket? I would bet (if they did not limit sales) a lot of folks would have bought those and used the heck out of them -- I would imagine if they did not count a multi-day ticket as part of daily limit, a lot more folks would be at each party -- knowing Disney fans, many would go every night while the company would think maybe three to four event nights on average.

still, I do think pricing this year was designed to keep attendance lower (by offer fewer tickets) as they could still bring in the same profit as in the past (most likely more) the way the events were priced.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
But the idea of the event is that they cap attendance to make sure it's not crowded. That's what it was billed as before it got too crowded right before the pandemic.

I got a survey once after going to a previous Halloween party that asked if I thought it was too crowded. They are aware of a better experience with fewer attending. It was The Park Reservation system before The Park Reservation System.
I thought FP+ was the park reservation system before the park reservation system? ;)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
No, it was the RIDE reservation system before they exploited the Covid Closedown to implement the PARK reservation system.
Not sure if you are serious or not but my take on the park ressie system is different than others. We always had FP+ booked along w meals planned. So we knew where we going anyways as did anyone who booked FP for the morning so to me it was a useless thing to get ticked off about. The 2pm hop is more of an issue i would agree even tho anytime we would hop it would be close to or after that.

G00fyDad

Was at the September 9th (Friday) Party, sold-out, was the least crowded party I have ever seen. We had a blast.
That's what I've seen from every video from every sold out party night this year. Extremely low crowds. I can't wait. When I first heard that days were selling out left and right I was concerned that October 18th would sell out and we would be shoulder to shoulder. I'm very happy that they're keeping the crowd levels low for this party.

We bought tickets for a variety of different reasons and so far I think it's going to work out for everyone in our group. My son and I want to go to the party so that we can get on to attractions very quickly without much of a wait. My wife wants to go to the party for the parade, fireworks, and candy spots. My son's girlfriend (who has never been to Disney before) wants to go to the party because of the stage show, fireworks, parade, and candy.

2020mickeysnotsoscaryhalloweenparty.jpg

Rickcat96

That's what I've seen from every video from every sold out party night this year. Extremely low crowds. I can't wait. When I first heard that days were selling out left and right I was concerned that October 18th would sell out and we would be shoulder to shoulder. I'm very happy that they're keeping the crowd levels low for this party.

We bought tickets for a variety of different reasons and so far I think it's going to work out for everyone in our group. My son and I want to go to the party so that we can get on to attractions very quickly without much of a wait. My wife wants to go to the party for the parade, fireworks, and candy spots. My son's girlfriend (who has never been to Disney before) wants to go to the party because of the stage show, fireworks, parade, and candy.

View attachment 665959
We did get there at 4pm-went and ate at the Crystall palace and went to Jungle Cruise and followed the rides all the way to Tomorrowland. Everything was walk on except Haunted Mansion-only waited 10 min max.

We rode EVERY ride in the Magic Kingdom- haven't done that since the 80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom