Mickey's not so scary halloween party--need info

mickey-nut

Any info would be appreciated! Is it worth the money? We just booked a last minute trip from Oct. 30th to Nov. 4th.. Since we will be there for Halloween, I am considering this. My kids are 11, 8, and 4.

Thanks!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MNSSHP is my favorite after hours party and well worth the money. The parade is the best on property and the fireworks are incredible. The park is decorated and specially lit for the occasion and there are trick or treat stations all over the park. If you intend on going on Halloween you will need to purchase you tickets soon as Halloween always sells out. This link will give you quite a bit of official information as well as a few pictures and guest reviews.

Upvote 0

tooltime

i looked into this same question for our oct trip and it seems this is something you have to do. i agree with yoda's comments and i'll add you may find the attractions and the park a little quieter too (maybe a lot quieter)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Your kids will love it, who doesn't like to get candy and get to brag about how they went trick or treating in the MK. This is by far my favorite party that they have at WDW, it used to be MVMCP. I love seeing the headless horseman ride down Main Street before the parade, it's an awesome site.

Upvote 0

Thessair

MNSSHP is my favorite after hours party and well worth the money. The parade is the best on property and the fireworks are incredible. The park is decorated and specially lit for the occasion and there are trick or treat stations all over the park. If you intend on going on Halloween you will need to purchase you tickets soon as Halloween always sells out. This link will give you quite a bit of official information as well as a few pictures and guest reviews.

Ditto this.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the Headless Horseman that they can post on here?
Thanks

:) :)
Not a great picture but here you go.

attachment.php

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

We did the party 2 years ago and one of the main reasons was the headless horseman which was cancelled due to rain. So keep that in mind . ALso my kids were 7 and 10. WE did not dress in costumes but we wore halloween Tshirts.. To us it is too hot for costumes. They got tons of candy and we loved the Hallowishes fireworkds and the Boo to you parade. Everything else was kind of the same. It was still crowded. Would I do it agian maybe. But I am glad we did it once.

Upvote 0

tunaman68

We really had a blast at MNSSHP. Our family was ranging in age from 9 - 72 and everyone had a great time. We went the day before Haloween and it wasn't even that crowded. We rode space mountain so many times in a row that we could barely walk up the exit stairs! Have Fun!!!!

img1730cn2.jpg

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

My understanding is that Halloween night is often a sell-out, so if you want to go that night, you should get tickets ASAP.

The parade was good, and so were the fireworks, but not worth $40. The crowds were just horrible--and that was September 29 or so. Admittedly, it was a Fri or Sat night, so there were probably lots of locals, but we certainly did not have a "deserted" park.

I'm not a huge fan of parades or fireworks, but my husband is.
We went last year, but aren't going this year.

We all agreed that we'd rather spend the money on something else.

While it wasn't a huge thrill for us, more of a "been there, done that" experience, you should go if you haven't before.

Upvote 0

Thessair

It's all a matter of opinion, really. I do MNSSHP multiple times every year. The park isn't as crowded as it normally is during the day to me. Try the party and see if you enjoy it. A lot of us do. :D

Upvote 0

Thessair

I will be there the 21st and I am really looking forward to this. I just want to know what kind of candy I am going to get.

All kinds. Off the top of my head I remember Snickers, Laffy Taffy, Air Heads, Twix, Reese's, 3 Musketeers, some orange flavored string things, Smarties, and the list goes on and on...

You'll see them hauling cases of name brand candies all around the park that night. :D

Upvote 0

bgraham34

All kinds. Off the top of my head I remember Snickers, Laffy Taffy, Air Heads, Twix, Reese's, 3 Musketeers, some orange flavored string things, Smarties, and the list goes on and on...

You'll see them hauling cases of name brand candies all around the park that night. :D

Twix, smarties, holy crap I am gonna gain 5 pounds.

Upvote 0

Thessair

Twix, smarties, holy crap I am gonna gain 5 pounds.

Well, you can trade off with the healthy raisins! :D I forgot we got those last year too. The haul is quite impressive. I usually let the rest of my group trick or treat since I don't need any more candy. You'll come back with several pounds of the stuff without even trying very hard.

Upvote 0

pajammies

It will be my birthday and I would love to go to MNSSHP but my husband probably will not wear a costume and honestly I'm not sure if I would either with the heat. My daughter will be too afraid to go (trust me on that one) so she can stay with grandma & grandpa. So will my husband and I be out of place if we go without kids and costumes?

Upvote 0

Thessair

It will be my birthday and I would love to go to MNSSHP but my husband probably will not wear a costume and honestly I'm not sure if I would either with the heat. My daughter will be too afraid to go (trust me on that one) so she can stay with grandma & grandpa. So will my husband and I be out of place if we go without kids and costumes?

Not at all. I, for one, don't have any kids to go with and I have yet to work up the courage to wear a costume. I think you'll fit in just fine. :D

Upvote 0

pajammies

Not at all. I, for one, don't have any kids to go with and I have yet to work up the courage to wear a costume. I think you'll fit in just fine. :D

O.K. good, :D because I think I really want to go and I would love to get my hands on some of that candy! :slurp: :lookaroun :D Thanks

Upvote 0

Thessair

O.K. good, :D because I think I really want to go and I would love to get my hands on some of that candy! :slurp: :lookaroun :D Thanks

No problem! You'll have a blast and don't worry about not being in costume and trick or treating. Most people do it and I've actually gotten mock chastised by cast members for not going through the line while my friends did. It's such a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom