Mickey's Magic Show

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, but I can't tell you. (see # 1 below)

The Magicians Code of Ethics:
All members of the Society of American Magicians and the International Brotherhood of Magicians agree to:

1) Oppose the willful exposure to the public of any principles of the Art of Magic, or the methods employed in any magic effect or illusion.

2) Display ethical behavior in the presentation of magic to the public and in our conduct as magicians, including not interfering with or jeopardizing the performance of another magician either through personal intervention or the unauthorized use of another's creation.

3) Recognize and respect for rights of the creators, inventors, authors, and owners of magic concepts, presentations, effects and literature, and their rights to have exclusive use of, or to grant permission for the use by others of such creations.

4) Discourage false or misleading statements in the advertising of effects, and literature, merchandise or actions pertaining to the magical arts.

5) Discourage advertisement in magic publications for any magical apparatus, effect, literature or other materials for which the advertiser does not have commercial rights.

6) Promote the humane treatment and care of livestock used in magical performances.

meryll83

I dance in a lot of shows at our local theatre and we've had a few illusions I've taken part in and no, we won't tell anyone either!! It's so much fun though, although a lot of them seem to require you being quite uncomfortable, I'll just say that!

BTW, unkadug, I LOVE your changing Family Guy quotes :sohappy: I love the one about "Justin Timberlake.....er....who else do the young girls find attractive these days.....Morgan Freeman!" - don't know the exact quote but I'm sure you can tell me!!

unkadug

I dance in a lot of shows at our local theatre and we've had a few illusions I've taken part in and no, we won't tell anyone either!! It's so much fun though, although a lot of them seem to require you being quite uncomfortable, I'll just say that!

BTW, unkadug, I LOVE your changing Family Guy quotes :sohappy: I love the one about "Justin Timberlake.....er....who else do the young girls find attractive these days.....Morgan Freeman!" - don't know the exact quote but I'm sure you can tell me!!

Thank you :wave:

I believe the quote that you are referring to is:
Meg - "So, the $26 would probably be safe in my room."
Stewie - "Right. It'd probably get lost amongst the pin-ups of Justin Timberlake and Tom Cruise and...blast! Who the devil do teenagers like these days? Morgan Freeman."

meryll83

That's the one, the money clip episode, I love the way he pronounces it - Morrrrgan Freeeeman.

Anyway, back to the thread...... :)

CoffeeJedi

Most modern magic tricks are elaborate variations on the same techniques used for hundreds of years, just enhanced with sound effects and dramatic lighting. But the core elements of misdirection and slight of hand remain. If you search on the web or in the bookstore, you can find how "classic" tricks are done, and then apply that knowlege to figure out how the new illusions work.

SweaterInJune

That isn't disputed to some degree; however laypeople think they know exactly what is going on in many illusions because they have seen something similar before revealed and they are often very far off. Magicians too are often fooled by other magicians. i just got back from FISM, the World Championships of Magic in Stockholm, Sweden and there were several performers who left many of the delegates speechless!

Anyhow, to those of us in the business, we agree to abide by the same standards and practices as our forefathers.

darthjohnny

Yes, but I can't tell you. (see # 1 below)

The Magicians Code of Ethics:
All members of the Society of American Magicians and the International Brotherhood of Magicians agree to:

1) Oppose the willful exposure to the public of any principles of the Art of Magic, or the methods employed in any magic effect or illusion.

Yes that is true, however these forums reveal Disney park magic all the time, so isn't that a double standard? :lol:

unkadug

Yes that is true, however these forums reveal Disney park magic all the time, so isn't that a double standard? :lol:

Yes. And no. :lol:

Like has already been mentioned, many illusions can be learned by research, just as Disney magic can be found out by those with enough curiosity.

Wendell

Hi can anyone tell me where this "Mickey's Magic Show is being performed? I am in WDW right now and have not seen it advertsied anywhere.

Thanks,

Wendell

GoofyMagic

Hey,

Well unfortunately it was only at WDW for a couple days a couple months ago. Right now it's touring on the road, and starting in January they go international...The website for the show, with info on the tour and where they're at is:

www.DisneyLive.com

Good luck! It's a great show!!!

darthjohnny

I am quite sure they are not doing it on the Disney Cruise, but I really wish they were since I'm going in January and would love to see it again!!!

I thought they were, but maybe not.

I heard that there is a new castle show in the works.....

Could it be ? :lookaroun

The show that replaced Cinderellabration in Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World was replaced with a Mickey show, called "Dream Along With Mickey," but it is not the magic show.

Mecha Figment

I thought they were, but maybe not.

The show that replaced Cinderellabration in Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World was replaced with a Mickey show, called "Dream Along With Mickey," but it is not the magic show.

actualy my friend, by the turn of the year you will be changing your tune. Why do you think they previewed the show at the studios.

It was a test .

HydraLing

To clear some things up...

"Mickey's Magic Show" was not a test, nor did it premier at the Disney/MGM Studios. MMS is run by Feld Corp. and is a touring theatrical show. Currently, they're in the US, but they will be taking it overseas soon. What appeared at the Studios was a twenty minute version of their hour and a half long show. It was part of a block of shows presented at the Studios targeting the Playhouse Disney audience (preschoolers). It will also NOT be going to the cruise ship. The length alone would prevent that, but it's also not run by Disney at all. Feld has bought the rights to use the Disney name and it's product but is its own, separate company. They're the company responsible for the touring ice shows, as well.

"Dream Along With Mickey" is the new Castle Show and is planned to run for eighteen months as part of the Year of A Million Dreams. I suspect that its popularity will keep it running somewhat longer. The show is currently running six times a day at the Magic Kingdom. If you get a chance to see it, aim for one of the last three shows, since pyro effects are used then. Also, due to the time of day/night, the last two shows have full lighting. Visually, they're the most spectacular to watch. There are plans to add a unique surprise to the show in January or thereabouts, so...if you've already seen DAWM, plan to see it again after January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom