Mickey's Halloween Party Questions...

Pooh88

Original Poster
My husband & I are going to WDW in October and have never been for Halloween. Can someone tell me if this requires a separate ticket, is it also for adults (not the trick or treating obviously) and what else takes place besides the parade and trick or treating? Thanks! :)

nibblesandbits

Hi!!!

Yes, you do need a seperate ticket to get into the event. They go on sale tomorrow.

The parties are definitely for adults (including trick or treating--and from what I hear, you can rake in the candy!) as I am taking my DH this year to the party.

Besides the Parade and trick or treating, there is also a fireworks show called Hallowishes which is supposedly amazing. Also the parks are decorated up really cool for Halloween and that effect is magnified at night during the parties. Also, there are some dance parties that happen as well as special character greetings with characters dressed up in costume.

Good luck deciding if you would like to go, but it is definitely worth the money.

whizGoofy

I went last year for the first time and I LOVED it!! I am 26 and went with other adults and we all loved it. It does require another ticket, however it is well worth it. The firework show is the best I think I have ever seen at Disney! The parade is equally as good too!! The best part is the park is not as crowded and you can ride more rides. Almost all of them are open. We did trick or treaat a little so that took up time, however it is still fun. At the very end of the night they start passing out all the candy in bucket fulls to get rid of it.

TikiBeckie

We had so much fun at this! We, as adults, went trick or treating and ended up with more candy than you can imagine! It was so fun to be a kid again. I definitely think the extra ticket was worth it...the candy, the parade, the fireworks, the decorations...the small lines for rides, just fantastic!

raven

Don't miss this event! Dress up if you can. We felt a little stupid walking to the bus stop at Pop on the way to the party until we arrived at MK and saw how many people dressed up for it. It's a lot of fun!

LpMcQuack

You may also want to check out the Haunted Hayrides at the Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds......one of the best kept Halloween-themed secrets in Orlando....it features the chracters from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with an extremely upclose and personal meeting with The Headless Horseman. The best part, it's only $15 per adult, $10 per child, the catch is arriving early at the Kennel Club to purchase these tickets on the same day, the Hayrides are weather permitting and may be canceled if there's inclimate weather. Full refund though, my wife and I did it for the past 3 years and loved it!

EpcotGrl

I am SO excited about getting to go to MNSSHP this year!! I'm already working on my Alice in Wonderland costume, so if any of you see Alice @ MK on the 16th, say hi! It might be me! :wave: :lol:

(Thanks for the info, everybody!)

whizGoofy

Don't miss this event! Dress up if you can. We felt a little stupid walking to the bus stop at Pop on the way to the party until we arrived at MK and saw how many people dressed up for it. It's a lot of fun!

We dressed up as well and felt the same way. However we had our costumes with us so we changed into them at Epcot before we headed over to magic kingdom. Take a look at the costumes, and they were complete with names on the back:

1238454000_l.jpg

WishIwasThere

Along with the wristband, they tell you to hang out in certain areas of the park until the party officially begins. For the DPPP it was tomorrowland I beleive. When we did the MVMCP it was frontierland. Then they boot out everyone without a wristband.

I highly recommend the afterhour parties, the crowds are usually light and it gives adults an opportunity to dress up and partake in the festivities.

kennygman

Along with the wristband, they tell you to hang out in certain areas of the park until the party officially begins. For the DPPP it was tomorrowland I beleive. When we did the MVMCP it was frontierland. Then they boot out everyone without a wristband.

I highly recommend the afterhour parties, the crowds are usually light and it gives adults an opportunity to dress up and partake in the festivities.

They don't force you to stay in any area any longer. You can walk freely and they just check for bands as they wash the park of non partiers from Toontoown out. Go to Toontown and do the pictures there first, lines form quickly.

Captain Hank

MNSSHP is a great experience and well worth the money. There are special shows around the park and on the Castle forecourt stage. The parade is fantastic (with a special appearance by the Headless Horseman at the beginning), and the fireworks are spectacular. There are many adults attending, and they seem to be having as much fun (if not more) as the kids. And adults are just as welcome at the candy stations as the kids.

After working at several parties as a candy runner, I can say the best place for candy is definately Toontown. There are two candy stations in Toontown proper, with a candy trail between Toontown and Tomorrowland with three candy stations along the way. That's some serious sugar!

Also a note, for those wanting a healthier option than candy, healthier alternatives are starting to be introduced, such as raisins being mixed into the candy mixes.

Pooh88

Original Poster
Is it worth it if you don't want to do the trick or treating and do they still have the fireworks the other nights? Thanks all..:veryconfu

sarabi

The fireworks are different for the halloween party than normal wishes. They are indeed reallly cool.
One piece of advice I would give is to not go on a Saturday or weekend night and not on halloween itself or anything silly like that because the crowds will be insane.
Last halloween, we went to MNSSHP on a saturday in late september, and it was SOLD OUT. The park was so packed it was kind of unpleasant and defeated the purpose of going to get on the rides. We ended up riding only TTA, BTM, and HM that night.
On the other hand, the fireworks and the parade were awesome. The park was decorated pretty cool. I've never seen MK like that before. If you love HM, now is the time to do it because it has upped the spookiness factor for the night. The music is louder, the building is darker, and the CMs are more rigid. Loved it.
We did not trick or treat at all and I was the only one in costume, but you get the trick or treat bags when you come in anyway, and while waiting for the fireworks and parade, CMs do come around to fill your bags. We ended up with lots of chocolate candies. In fact, I didn't see any candy that wasn't chocolate, which is fine with me because I love chocolate.
In the end, we thought it was worth it because the fireworks and parade were spectacular and it was a unique experience. On the other hand, we probably wont' do it again because it was so crowded.
So if you are going to go on a weeknight, or if you enjoy watching people in costume, or are willing to pay for just the parade and fireworks, then go. I had a great time. Other members of my party, not so much.. it just depends.

Captain Hank

We did not trick or treat at all and I was the only one in costume, but you get the trick or treat bags when you come in anyway, and while waiting for the fireworks and parade, CMs do come around to fill your bags. We ended up with lots of chocolate candies. In fact, I didn't see any candy that wasn't chocolate, which is fine with me because I love chocolate.
That's interesting...I wonder what candy mix those CM's were using. We were handing out quite an assortment of candy at the trick-or-treat stops (which, admittedly you said you didn't go to) Included were:

Reese Cups
Snickers (LOTS of them)
Smarties
Gummi Bears
Sugar Babies
Twizzlers
Now and Later's
Swedish Fish
Twix
York Peppermint Patties
and many, many, many others.

I was one of the people mixing raisins into the candy and taking the boxes of candy out to the stations for several parties. I couldn't, in good conscience, eat a candy bar for several months afterwards. It was fun, though.

Definitely go on a week night. It's much less crowded. Earlier in the month is also better.

Aurora8305

Do they close the park and boot out people without tickets? How does that work?

Yes they do. I went last year and as i was getting on Splash Mountain, at 7 or very shortly there after, these kids tried to get on in the log in front of the one i was in, and the cm would not let them get in and would not let the logs go until they crossed over and left the ride because they did not have the special wristband that signaled to the cm that they paid to stay in the park for MNSSHP. They were not happy, espically since they were running up the entrance behind my family and I, and we chose to walk not noticing that it was so close to closing time for everyone else.

Also, in Adventureland, my sister and I danced and sang with the pirate band that stationed themselves outside PotC. That was fun, and none of the little kids understood their jokes or what the point of them was, but all the adults did and had a fun time.

AEfx

Oh, yes, the trick or treating is just there to occupy the kids (who somehow find it entertaining to wait in line for 10-15 minutes for a ten cents worth of candy that is the exact same as you can buy in a bag in the store, not even any disney logos on it!) there is so much more.

As an adult, I really enjoy the "darker" atmospere at the parties, and the fireworks can't be beat. I usually avoid the parades like the plague in general, but the Boo-To-You parade has known to suck me in twice on the same night.

I don't find the value in the Xmas party any more, but I sure as heck don't miss MNSSHP when I'm in town (even done it solo before)!

AEfx

MattyFresh

When does the tickets go on sale??? I had talked to someone at disney and they said July I think...but I think I read on here where someone said they were already being sold? Does anyone know what the prices run??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom