Mickey's Grand Welcome!!

Gemma1878

Original Poster
Good morning!!!!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but was wondering if anyone has ever booked the room welcomes?? I'm considering the Mickey's Grand Welcome - expensive I know but this really is a once in a lifetime trip!!!

Any experiences etc would be appreciated xxx

I just googled this. It looks pretty cool.
But I have to admit....I made gift bags for my kids the last time we went (t- shirts from disney store, themed candy and toys, etc, ) in gift bags, send them down to disney to put in our room before....the whole thing probably cost me $100....I am not cheap...we had a theme park view poly club room....so a wasn't splurging on this..but I know they thought it was a great welcome at 1/3 the price.

Funny thing....we are going again this year and the kids have been asking me if they will get welcome gifts again.....I had to finally admit to my 12 year old it was me.....she actually took the "santa" conversation better than hearing I was the the disney gift giver.

cw1982

I also had to Google it. It does look pretty cool, but honestly I like Sandy Carroll's idea of sending down packages to be put in the room ahead of time. That way, you know you're not paying a ridiculous premium on those items above and beyond retail cost and you have a little more say in what goes into them.

I made my own gift basket for my daughter also. We stayed in the little mermaid room so I had an Ariel and princess theme. I put a doll, wand, tiara, bubbles, glow necklaces, sunglasses, treats, autograph book and stickers in it. My daughter loved it!

DizneyPryncess

My husband had a room delivery from Disney Florist on our honeymoon, and it was really nice! It was a glass slipper, tiara, and flowers. For our upcoming trip, I did the "Custom Builder", and made DD a welcome basket. We added 2 balloons, an autograph book & pen, and some little treats. Some of the packages are very expensive, but some are reasonable too. I haven't done the Grand Welcome, so I can't give any advice on that one in particular. But I've liked my experiences w/the deliveries! :)

Any ideas for older kids.? Last time they were 3-5-8 and it was easy. Found lounds of stuff at the dollar store and target. Now they will be 8-10-13. They are no longer into stickers and stuffed animals.

disfan411

I have used the florist several times and it always was worth it.
I did the Mickey's grand welcome once too for my wife on our honeymoon and she loved it. Like you said it is a little pricey so that part is up to you but I found it worth it when I did it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom