Mickey's Christmas Party

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone pay the extra money for this last year? What were your feelings? Did you have younger kids with you?

We are going to be there December 6th-13th staying in Fort Wilderness. I will have a large group including my parents, children, son-in-law's parents, grand-children etc...

Ages range from 3 to 66. We were thinking about going to AK during the day, take a early break for the little one's (ages 3, 3, 4, 5) and than go to MK for the extra Christmas party. If anyone can give me their thoughts last year and a brief overview that would be great!

(Extras, open rides, etc...)

MinnieFan

:xmas: We went last year and had a fantastic time. It was just myself and my husband. We had dinner at LLT, which was wonderful, and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the very short lines to everything. During the first parade we were able to hit all the big attractions with no wait.

All of Magic Kingdom is in a very festive mood!!!

We are going again this year. Hope you get to go and have a great time.

GrannyJill2

My sister and I (both in our 50s) went last year (Dec. 6). We were told they only sold a certain number of tickets per night, but Magic Kingdom was absolutely packed due to bad weather the day before. I guess they told everyone who held Dec 5 MVMCP tickets to come back the next day. The result was a less than magical experience for us. The lines for the souvenir photo, cookies and cocoa were unbelievable. We kept trying to find a short line to stand in, but it was wall-to-wall people.

The lines for the rides were not bad at all, and the shops were bustling. The Christmas parade was delightful, and the children around us really seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm sure our experience was unusual, and I would definitely go back again.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by GrannyJill2
My sister and I (both in our 50s) went last year (Dec. 6). We were told they only sold a certain number of tickets per night, but Magic Kingdom was absolutely packed due to bad weather the day before. I guess they told everyone who held Dec 5 MVMCP tickets to come back the next day. The result was a less than magical experience for us. The lines for the souvenir photo, cookies and cocoa were unbelievable. We kept trying to find a short line to stand in, but it was wall-to-wall people.

The lines for the rides were not bad at all, and the shops were bustling. The Christmas parade was delightful, and the children around us really seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm sure our experience was unusual, and I would definitely go back again.

What was the cost of the souvenier photo? And what was the photo?

OZZY

The souvenier photo is free with your paid admission to the party and the photo is your group in front of a holiday back drop (very generic and not really disney-ish.

You fill out a form with your name and address and you'll have a copy of it in about 2 weeks. Although I had mine in less then a week because it was waiting for me in the mailbox when we got back home. If you really like the picture when you see it at home you have the option of buying additional copies.

goonsquads57

Definately go if you can afford to. It's well worth it. Free cookies and hot chocolate, free photo, short lines, snow on Main Street and the special parade..........a once (at least) in a lifetime experience! (You'd better get tickets fairly soon, though. It sells out quickly)

polyman 65

Going for our first christmas party this year Dec 4th,we are very excited about this.We went to the halloween party last year the day after halloween park was not crouded at all,I hope it wont be buisy Dec 4th.At the halloween party last year all four of us in are family where sent a picture no need for copys.Nothing better than the magic kingdom at night!I miss E nights:cry:

goonsquads57

Originally posted by polyman 65
Going for our first christmas party this year Dec 4th,we are very excited about this.We went to the halloween party last year the day after halloween park was not crouded at all,I hope it wont be buisy Dec 4th.At the halloween party last year all four of us in are family where sent a picture no need for copys.Nothing better than the magic kingdom at night!I miss E nights:cry:

Hey! We'll be there December 4th too!!!!

Foolish Mortal

Highly recommend. Escpecially if your just going for a short trip. Whatever park you do during the day, go back to your hotel and take a rest. You'll thank yourself later. Even tho it is less crowded you might catch yourself speeding up to do the big attractions over and over again. And I'll make it a hat trick: will also be there 12/4. Maybe not at the party but I'll be at the World

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
All of the attendees for the December 4th MVMCP!

WDWMagic members are having a big meet before the party. Please look for us in our WDWMAgic t-shirts. If you have not purchased your shirt yet, please contact MainstreetUSA. He is the person who created the shirts and he has a select few remaining.

Also if you are interested. We have a Fantasic Dessert Party for WDWMagic members and their families/friends on the 5th at 7p.m. If you are interested, please contact me. I have a few spots left. The cost is $28 per person.

If you would like more information, please contact me.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom