Mickey's Broken Leg

walnutty01

Original Poster
Today, a cast member told me a story that at some point Mickey in Fantasmic fell and broke his leg. Because of this accident, he was pulled from the show and it continued without him. This part I can believe, however, the next part I'm a little shaky about... Apparently, she heard that the next morning every Mickey at WDW and every Disney property around the globe had Mickey wearing a cast on the leg. Anybody have any truth to this rumor? Photos? Thanks :)

brkgnews

So far-fetched that the dog had to pack a lunch.

Highly, highly unlikely. Sounds like a brand new urban legend in the making.

brkgnews

goofyfan13 said:
I will also come out and doubt the second part. Remember, cartoon characters heal remarkably fast...:lol:
True. Think of how many times cartoon characters get smushed by anvils. All they have to do would be either use their tail as an auto jack and ratchet up, or maybe stick their thumb in their mouth and blow real hard.

goofyfan13

brkgnews said:
True. Think of how many times cartoon characters get smushed by anvils. All they have to do would be either use their tail as an auto jack and ratchet up, or maybe stick their thumb in their mouth and blow real hard.

Exactly, a broken leg to them is like a paper cut for us.

Magic Maker

Ya that CM probably thinks they are preserving the Magic by throwing the cast thing, but they are actually breaking one of the most important Guest Service Guidelines.

How many Disney villans do we see running around the parks? Most of which have "gone away" at the end of their movies? Jafar is still around. I know these characters aren't on the level of Mickey, but still, continuity is continuity...

peter11435

adamthegetupkid said:
How many Disney villans do we see running around the parks? Most of which have "gone away" at the end of their movies? Jafar is still around. I know these characters aren't on the level of Mickey, but still, continuity is continuity...
Jafar didn't really go away, and frollo didn't really die. They are just actors. When they are not filming you can see thm at WDW.

walnutty01 said:
Today, a cast member told me a story that at some point Mickey in Fantasmic fell and broke his leg. Because of this accident, he was pulled from the show and it continued without him. This part I can believe, however, the next part I'm a little shaky about... Apparently, she heard that the next morning every Mickey at WDW and every Disney property around the globe had Mickey wearing a cast on the leg. Anybody have any truth to this rumor? Photos? Thanks :)

I was just curious as to what day and time of show did this happen in Fantasmic? As there are sometimes 2 Fantasmics a night now.. Thanks for any info.

luvorlando

I remember reading on a couple other boards about Mickey breaking a leg during a Fantasmic performance, but it was several years ago. This is the first time I've read anything about a cast. New twist to the story. :lol:

tigsmom

walnutty01 said:

CM's are famous for telling stories. :wave:

PuertoRekinSam

The story is mostly correct. The actual event took place in 1999. There was no cast, but there was a pair of crutches on stage with him and on parade floats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom