Mickeys Backyard BBQ

steamboat wil

Original Poster
Was wondering how this experience was? Thinking of taking our 5 year old there. Is the food good? How many credits on the DDP? Good interaction with the characters? Any info highly appreciated.:wave:

chdice

We took our 2 year old daughter two years ago. It is 2 credits on the DDP. The food was okay- normal BBQ fare- ribs, hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, etc. Decent, but nothing to write home about. The atmospere is a little loud and crazy, but she loved it. She got right up to dance with Mickey Mouse and Chip and Dale. She was able to run around the pavilion and burn some energy. We also go there a little early and were able to take a picture with Goofy and Chip and Dale. I would do it again, especially with younger children (we are skipping it this year only because the rest of the group we are traveling with want to do the Hoop De Doo but it will be on our list for our next trip).

steveford

Hi did BBQ last October but we got there a little late due to buses from PO to MK. I was quite dissapointed in the food and entertainment, I had been many years ago and it was better then. whether it was because it was really bust last Ocotber which didn't help. Don't think its worth the 2 credits

two4dud

My daughter was 4 when we went to this experience and she loved it! In fact, she is now 7 and we are planning another trip, when I asked her what she remembered about our last trip and would want to do again...Mickey's Backyard BBQ was top on her list!

Sure the food is average camp fare...chicken, hot dogs, ribs, etc, but it's not really the main draw here. Seeing your little one hug and dance with the characters is wonderful and worth the 2 dining credits. Plenty of photo ops here!

Also a huge draw for my girl...the endless and all you can eat popsicles. Normally its a one dessert rule..but with all the dancing, I let her indulge a bit and she burned it off on the floor!

As an adult, the inclusive beer and wine was a hit with me, especially since Disney is driving! If you have time after the dinner, head down to docks to watch the Eletrical Water Pageant.

steamboat wil

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I'll totally check out the electric water pageant. I have about 15 trips to WDW and have never seen this before. We try to do something new every trip hence the bbq question.

This was one of my family's all time favorite Disney experiences. My daughter was 4 when we went. The food wasn't the greatest, but as someone else mentioned the character interaction the kids get is unbeatable.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Our DD is now 8 and still enjoys the Backyard BBQ every trip; however, her cousin was 5 last summer when he went with us and he did not enjoy it at all. It is all a matter of how willing both child and adults are to just enjoy the idea of a BBQ/Hoedown where you get to hang out with the characters.

I am not a country music fan and certainly not a dancer, but watching all the fun and enjoying the quality of music (although not my style) is a great time every trip. DD loves the dancing and always tries to get up front to sing some when they share the microphone around.

DW are distinct beer snobs, but can take a break from our Unibroue, Dogfish Head, and Samuel Smith's just long enough for an evening with some Buds.

I feel like the BBQ is what you make it. We get there early and enjoy the interaction in line. We stay to the very end and enjoy talking to the band as they pack up and twice now we have been the very last people to meet with Mickey and Minnie before they turn off the lights and rope off the entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom