Mickeys Backyard BBQ??

apple

Original Poster
Hey there... Anyone ever been? We always go to Hoop Dee Doo, but we thought maybe we would try something new?? Is it good? Are there Characters at din-din? Also, is it far from the hoop dee doo? We come on the boat from The Contemporary so we will be walking... All 11 of us, 6 of is being children... Not sure how the ground is laid out at Fort Wilderness... I also heard there is a "petting zoo" and a campfire there? Anyone know anything 'bout it?

becanya

Great experience, decent food. Character interaction was amazing...the kids get to dance with the characters the whole time. Get there early and go stand by the rope at the entrance so you can be the first to sit down and get the seat right at the dance floor. Not a long walk from the dock.

WDW 3

Agree with the character interaction. Great! Chip, Dale and Goofy all dance with the kids. Mickey & Minnie stop at all the tables and guests. It is outdoors under a shelter so the weather is something to consider. It is pretty much right behind the Hoop Dee Doo so pretty close to the boat dock.

DisneyDrama

We have been to the backyard barbeque once. It was o.k. I am from Texas and have very strong opinions about barbeque. The food was fair. The character interactions were good. The overall atmospher was ok. We personally prefer the Hoop-dee-doo Musical Revue. I like the food better and LOVE the show! We make a point to go to Hoop-dee-doo every trip.

apple

Original Poster
:)Yes we are very much Hoop Dee Doo'ers too. My little nephew, brother-in-law and I have all been pulled up on stage, so the family always wants to go back just in case they get called up! Even my dad had to sing a little ditty on their microphone.lol It is excellent interaction there... We go every time also... We wondered if we should try something different.. But it's outside? That is something my sister asked about too. She was worried about bugs/mosquitoes, humidity, rain... Funny I know, but not sure if the family would like that??? I wouldn't mind at all though. :confused:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We love the BBQ. The food is average, but the character time is the best. Last summer when we went, they seated everyone to avoid any rush for the best seats. Despite our best plans, we got there a bit later than intended and were middle to back of the line to get in. Surprisingly, we ended up in the second table to the side right up front.

When the characters first come out (if you can) keep the kids at the table to do their eating. Then a little later, the mob will clear up a bit. By the end of the night it starts to clear out quite a bit. We were the last people to leave and got some good one on one Mickey + Minnie time at the very end of the night. Also pretty talented musicians and cast. I had a good time chatting with them after the show while DD was still playing with characters.

WDW 3

Ft-Wilderness-20.jpg

apple

Original Poster
Thank you for the picture... I just looked on you~tube at some videos of it... It does look cute! My family probably won't get up and do the "mac~arena" but it will be fun to watch everyone else.:ROFLOL: I am sure we would be the last family to leave too... And I am sure I will be hopping up there with the kiddos anyway:lol:

lbrad

I have done both dinner shows with my family. They are both great!
Our "kids" are older now...not much into dancing.
DS x2 sat at the BBQ like lumps on logs...they didn't want to dance.
DD & I had a blast...we danced the night away!!!!
Characters are AWESOME! Great interaction.

Biggest decision breaker...the characters! You will not see or interact with any characters at Hoop Dee Doo.

Have fun:wave:

WDW 3

Characters were great. My teenage daughter got her dad up to dance a little. They get sillier when away from home for sure!

apple

Original Poster
True, true... I know I become a goof~ball at Disney! But it's for the kiddos.... really:eek: And we are the ones that are usually the "lumps on the logs" That was funny!!!:lol: I know the little ones would love the characters for sure!!!!

two4dud

Great place for character interaction. My girl was only 4 when we first went but as we are planning a return trip, at age 7 she is reqesting to go back.
Food is average but the laughs and dancing can't be beat...well unless you include the endless popsicles and adult drinks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom