Mickey's 75th

DanStat

Original Poster
Does anybody know if there will be anything special for Mickey Mouse's 75th Birthday? I know that there will be merchandise (of course!), but will there be any special celebration, etc.?

JLW11Hi

I dont think there is anything officially planned. Weve discussed it before, and no one really knows.

Actually, Mickeys Philharmagic will be opening next year around his Birthday, so Disney might be relating the opening of the show to his 75th.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Actually, Mickeys Philharmagic will be opening next year around his Birthday, so Disney might be relating the opening of the show to his 75th.

Seems like a good starting point for celebrations - as they say "It started with a mouse" so I can't see a milestone like this going by without something planned.
Who knows, perhaps it will replace "100 Years" ??

Dawn S

So many people are expecting this to be the "next celebration". Being a tremendous Mickey fan, I certainly couldn't complain a bit about that! And yes, it is the logical, appropriate & fitting progression from Walt's 100 Years.

jmewin

I'd have thought that they would do Mickey's 75th as big as there doing Mr. Disney's 100. As Walt said, "Let's never lose sight of the fact that it all started with a mouse:lol:

47 days to go:sohappy:

DanStat

Original Poster
Originally posted by Uk cast member
yours.
please.
thanx.
bye.

This is the new 2003 theme for Walt Disney World. I don't know of any wallpaper size, as of now, but I'm sure you will see this logo on most merchandise next year.

I got it from a WDW mouse pad.

Hope this helps! :)

Coree

I've heard from friends that work at the park that there won't be a huge celebration for Mickey's birthday any more. They want Mickey to be timeless and ageless and so they won't make a big deal out of his birthdays, except for some merchandise. I don't know how reliable that info is, but thought I'd put it out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom