Mickey's 75th Birthday

Gregory

Original Poster
Well, tomorrow marks 75 days before Mickey's 75th Birthday... not like I'm counting or anything :p (well... I am, actually... my site is having a countdown to him B-Day, with a new pic of Mickey every day for 75 days... anyways..)

Does anyone know what they'll be doing in WDW or DL? I havn't heard anything, except for a few rumors, and couldn't find a general topic by searching the boards, or any posts that are recent...

So, anyone know anything? Theres about 2 1/2 months... if they're going to do anything, I'm sure it will be done soon...

According to Jim Hill, Mickey's Birthdayland was built in 3 months, from idea -> opening... so theres still time for something a bit smaller (not that they'd be building a new land...)

I know that someplace there will be statues of Mickey, and it has something to do with Drew Carrey...

So, any idea?

Thanks!

MKCustodial

I read something about how the company wants to resurrect Mickey as a universally recognized icon... It involved promos with celebrities talking about him and all kinds of new merchandise.

They definately should do some kind of ceremony at the parks, at least. I mean, it comes from the man's mouth: "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it all started with a mouse."

Gregory

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
I read something about how the company wants to resurrect Mickey as a universally recognized icon... It involved promos with celebrities talking about him and all kinds of new merchandise.

They definately should do some kind of ceremony at the parks, at least. I mean, it comes from the man's mouth: "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it all started with a mouse."

Well, I believe what your talking about appeared in The Disney Magazine... (Great article, BTW)...

Maybe not a 15 month party, but at least a ceremony, I think...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Gregory
Well, I believe what your talking about appeared in The Disney Magazine... (Great article, BTW)...

Maybe not a 15 month party, but at least a ceremony, I think...

Well, I don't know, I read it either on a Brazilian website or on a magazine/newspaper down here.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
The next celebration, which is for Mickey will be 15 months long. Whats his name (I forgot his name, I have a bad habit of it, but I think his name is Al Weise) talked about it at a Cast conference.

And Mickeys B-day is Nov 18th.

WDW John

Me too!

MY birthday is also November 18th (although, I'm not quite as old as Mickey is :)). As long as I can remember my mom has been telling me how lucky I am to share a birthday with someone as famous as Mickey Mouse. However, to date that "luck" hasn't really shown up that I can see. Do you think I'll get anything from Disney so we can celebrate together (Mickey and I that is)? That would be all right with me...:)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Unless you go to Magic Kingdom (Where the majority of the celebration is being held) and you go to The Crystal Palace, or tha place at the Castle and talk to someone over at Guest Relations about doing something, the best you'd get is either a pin or a sticker saying something for your birthday and a phone call from Goofy wishing you a happy birthday.

Although, at my last party, we went to the CP and they brought out the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto for a group picture), so anything is possible.

wdwfan22

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
The next celebration, which is for Mickey will be 15 months long. Whats his name (I forgot his name, I have a bad habit of it, but I think his name is Al Weise) talked about it at a Cast conference.

And Mickeys B-day is Nov 18th.

The next celebration is Magical Gatherings. It will focus on the magic of reconnecting with family and friends, and it will help us tap into the most dynamic trend in travel - extending the family vacation beyond the immediate family.

WDW John

Originally posted by wdwfan22
and it will help us tap into the most dynamic trend in travel - extending the family vacation beyond the immediate family.

Man, if they can do that it WILL be magic! I've been trying to get my extended family to come along with us for years now, but generally it ends up just being my wife and I. Every time I talk to my sister she mentions how she wants her kids to visit WDW with their Uncle John but does it ever happen? 'No' would be the correct answer here. And that's just one example, the tune sounds the same no matter who is singing it.

Anyway, I hope their plan works in my favor. :)

TURKEY

I seem to remember seeing several articles about how they won't celebrate character birthdays anymore due to not seeing characters age, confusion, etc.

I really don't think there will be much focus on Mickey's birthday, more than the shirts and other merchandise available.

Stitch79

Re: Me too!

Originally posted by WDW John
MY birthday is also November 18th (although, I'm not quite as old as Mickey is :)). As long as I can remember my mom has been telling me how lucky I am to share a birthday with someone as famous as Mickey Mouse. However, to date that "luck" hasn't really shown up that I can see. Do you think I'll get anything from Disney so we can celebrate together (Mickey and I that is)? That would be all right with me...:)

Hey, me too!!! My bday is on Nov. 18 and we will be in WDW to celebrate. :sohappy:

Supermatt70

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Ok, fine.

The next celebrations will be Magical Gatherings and Mickey's 75th birthday

The next celebration begining this October is Magical Gatherings. Mickey's 75th Birthday will not be a 15 month celebration. Something is being planned right now for Mickey, as I understand, but it will be low key.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I realize I mistyped it now.

The only big thing going on for his Birthday are the pins, the plugging in the parades, and Phillarmagic (Which will be dedicated to him, along with being for the MG celebration).

Who here thinks they might pull a 100 YoM on us and extend the celebration? I think it will if it works out the way they want it to.

Grumpy56

Re: Re: Me too!

Originally posted by Stitch79
Hey, me too!!! My bday is on Nov. 18 and we will be in WDW to celebrate. :sohappy:

Me three! This year I'm celebrating my daughter's birthday on Oct 30th, but I did celebrate my 40th at the Liberty Tree with Mickey, Goofy and Pluto. Goofy made a great fuss that he couldn't believe I was that old and Pluto licked my husbands bald head. A night to remember! And Mickey was very happy to share his birthday with me. Now I'm not a big believer in astrology but can it be true that Mickey is a Scorpio?

Gregory

Original Poster
Hmm...

I don't think they're advertising it as his birthday, but instead as 75 years of Mickey...

Well, I'd love to see a celebration or something with celebrities talking about Mickey, etc...

Maybe they could bring back Mickey Mania??? :)

Classy Pooh

I can't believe I am going to miss the excitment.
I am going to WDW October 3rd-13th.

Looks like I miss out.
Thank you for the info though.

Bagheera

Originally posted by Gregory
Hmm...

I don't think they're advertising it as his birthday, but instead as 75 years of Mickey...

Well, I'd love to see a celebration or something with celebrities talking about Mickey, etc...

Maybe they could bring back Mickey Mania??? :)

The shirt that I bought back in February says "75 Years With Mickey."

And all I can say about the Mickey Mania Parade is "Oh, boy! Oh-oh-oh-oh, boy!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom