News Mickey Shorts Theater Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

JohnD

This could have made more sense to tie in with Mickey's 90th and showed a showcase of Classic shorts..But, as they want to promote the new versions it fits with the attraction..

There's too many theater shows as it is in this park. Showing Mickey shorts that have already appeared on television? Yawn.

How many people have seen the new shorts? I'd say very few. So it makes sense to tie in with the new attraction. And replacing a video montage (Star Wars) with a video montage (Mickey) doesn't require much work.

The Empress Lilly

Anyway, old Mickey shorts are cool and in principle always a good idea for a Disney park, by default.

I vote for a return of the MS cinema. Failing that, a revamped cinema like space in DHS. That gives extra meaning to the shorts, above just playing a few shorts on a screen, which is really just one step up from playing a few on YouTube while you wait for the bus in the parking lot.

Imagine how nice a purposely built little area with a 40s cinema and the Mickey ride next to it would've been....
What a missed opportunity.

ThatMouse

I had no idea this was a "movie theater" -- it's a radio station themed building and inside is a monster soundstage attraction. :rolleyes: I thought the little kids marching out were supposed to be Jawas!

Steph15251

Why not just close ToT for this and put it there? While they're busy replacing unique classics with D-ticket Mickey stuff.
I do not think MMRR would be a D ticket pretty sure they said it is an E-ticket and this Mickey shorts thing is not replacing something that was a classic ,the thing that is is replacing maybe was a classic many years ago.Mickey imo is a Icon

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The fact that people were afraid that muppets would be replaced by this, when there are theaters like Jedi, one man’s dream, and little mermaid available that are perfect for this small type of venue? That’s sad.

I always wondered why the Disney & Pixar short film festival wasn’t out in one of HS’s small theatres. Why was that put in such a ginormous usable space.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am drawing a blank where this theatre is. Can someone show me on a map?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom