Mickey Monitor: Entry 1 - New Epcot Pavilion

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
@Bill Cipher with the start of your Progress City blog -- did you have any thoughts on a New Horizon Pavilion?:bookworm:
Definitley. It's too great of an attraction to leave out of Epcot and will probably be included in any version of Epcot I can think up! I'll write more on it in my Epcot post which will be out next Monday. Can't wait!

I'd also like to thank you for kindly welcoming me! I'm excited to hear and share ideas with everyone here!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Definitley. It's too great of an attraction to leave out of Epcot and will probably be included in any version of Epcot I can think up! I'll write more on it in my Epcot post which will be out next Monday. Can't wait!

I'd also like to thank you for kindly welcoming me! I'm excited to hear and share ideas with everyone here!
That's great!:) And no problem -- looking forward to it too!

QuillPenn

Since the tore the original pavilion down, that gives us a blank canvas on which to imagine what a "New Horizons" might look like. What story is the most essential to tell regarding the innovations and vision for the future that we see just beyond the horizon? The original pavilion began with a look back at how "the future" had been imagined over the years from Jules Verne to "far out" images from the 1950s. Then it took us through a panorama video of current technologies, followed by imagining a farming city of the future, colonies in outer space, and living spaces under the sea. Some likened it to an updated Carousel of Progress, in the sense that while CoP looked back, Horizons looked ahead (both were originally sponsored by General Electric).

Just brainstorming here, but maybe a New Horizons looks at lifestyle issues from the perspective of innovative medicine, creative transportation, harnessing creativity to make our daily lives better. A tall order, I know.

But to your original post @QuillPenn I think it is critical to have voices and visions in this project that AREN'T constrained by what existed from 1983 - 1999.

Wow I hadn't thought of it that way thanks @OvertheHorizon. I think i'm definitely in on a Horizons project, at least the brainstorming side of things.

And I agree, we do need to start with the story. What's changed since 1999? What do people care more about in regards to the future today?

Also, perhaps we should maybe start up a couple individual brainstorming threads for each individual attraction, just to keep things organized? Then this thread can be a hub thread. Like over on SYWTBAI.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Wow I hadn't thought of it that way thanks @OvertheHorizon. I think i'm definitely in on a Horizons project, at least the brainstorming side of things.

And I agree, we do need to start with the story. What's changed since 1999? What do people care more about in regards to the future today?

Also, perhaps we should maybe start up a couple individual brainstorming threads for each individual attraction, just to keep things organized? Then this thread can be a hub thread. Like over on SYWTBAI.
For sure! If you'd like to start those up, go right ahead :)

QuillPenn

Awesome! Now just to be clear, what projects do we actually want to work on? I know there was a lot of talk for Horizons and Innoventions, and I know a couple people (including myself) wanted to do something with Universe of Energy. Was there anything else for Future World?

Also, do we have any specific pavilions we want to do for World Showcase?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Awesome! Now just to be clear, what projects do we actually want to work on? I know there was a lot of talk for Horizons and Innoventions, and I know a couple people (including myself) wanted to do something with Universe of Energy. Was there anything else for Future World?

Also, do we have any specific pavilions we want to do for World Showcase?
I would start with Horizons ans your Universe of Energy for now, then we can build off of that.

We probably dont want to spread ourselves too thin at first, we will start small but aim big!

Suchomimus

Let's get cracking!
release-the-kraken-gif.gif

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Any ideas on what to do with the old Wonders of Life Pavilion ?
Personally, I'd turn it into a computers/digital technologies pavilion. It could include a ride that showcases how modern computers have enhanced many of the other technologies seen in Future World, like space travel, transportation, communication, and so on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom