Mickey loses his head, or at least an ear.

peter11435

imagineersrock said:
We could always... ask? Eh, I'm sure neither one of us will be losing sleep over this.
She was clearly talking about the afternoon parade. I meant that perhaps we will never know why they were moving so fast.

tn1999

Share A Dream Come True Parade, 3pm. When one float stops, regardless of sophisticated sensors that trigger music, the entire parade is off track.

JeffH

Original Poster
He went down right at the end after the float passed in front of the train station, and he stayed down as the float passed through the firestation (end)

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
She was clearly talking about the afternoon parade..
Yeah, I understood you understood.

peter11435 said:
I meant that perhaps we will never know why they were moving so fast.
I was trying to imply the same thing with the "not losing sleep" remark, sorry, should have clarified... glad to see we're on the same page now, still with no answer though. :lol:

Wendymom65

I Have It!!!!!

I have video and I have STILL PICTURES of Mickey with his ear flopping....we staged ourselves early on upper deck of train station....I saw as it came around that Mickey's ear looked fine then it looked a little strange and then almost totally off!!!!!! I have about 3 pictures (only one REALLY good)....but I have to figure out how to post it for you all to see....also I will share video as soon as we get home (can't use dh WORK laptop to download it to)....so it will be next week (unless someone beats me to it)......My 8 year old didn't believe me....and Mickey never returned to the parade, they just continued the parade (it was near the end) without Mickey in the globe.....I didn't catch him leaving although (DARN)...Haven't seen video yet.... :sohappy:

Wendymom65

Gallery

I managed to upload into gallery, but don't have time right now to figure out how to get it for everyone to see.....we are off to parks again after a little rest (although it is RAINING right now big time!).....Later!!! :D

WDWKat26

imagineersrock said:
That was my initial thought as well, but on second glance I think she was referring to the day parade because she was talking about a pinocchio float... correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember a specific pinocchio float in spectro?

Yeah there is a Pinnochio float in Spectro, I mean it's not themed as elaborately (sp?) as the one in the Share a Dream Parade, but Pinnochio and Geppetto are both on a float with Dopey on the float right before Alice in Wonderland. They're definitely there :)

DisneyJill

Wendymom65 said:
I have video and I have STILL PICTURES of Mickey with his ear flopping....we staged ourselves early on upper deck of train station....I saw as it came around that Mickey's ear looked fine then it looked a little strange and then almost totally off!!!!!! I have about 3 pictures (only one REALLY good)....but I have to figure out how to post it for you all to see....also I will share video as soon as we get home (can't use dh WORK laptop to download it to)....so it will be next week (unless someone beats me to it)......My 8 year old didn't believe me....and Mickey never returned to the parade, they just continued the parade (it was near the end) without Mickey in the globe.....I didn't catch him leaving although (DARN)...Haven't seen video yet.... :sohappy:

You're able to get up on the upper deck of the train station while it's under refurb?

Mr.MouseFan

Thanks for the pics!!! That poor mouse!! You'd think Mickey would have is very best "attire" on during something as public as a parade.

DisneyBunny

That picture just made my day! So funny!!

Also, a stupid question, but here goes:
What kind of communication system is there in the "bubble" on the floats? When something happens to a character at a meet n greet, they have their handler there manage any problems like tails/ears falling off. But in the bubble, is there any way to communicate to Mickey that he's one ear short? I'm sure there is some kind of system in place, but I'm just wondering how long it took to communicate that to him?

Wendymom65

Yes, there is a small area that is currently not blocked off...most of it is in the direct sun, but dh was able to get over under shade (he is VERY fair)...thanks for posting the site address....as I said I am down here and I don't want to waste anytime figuring things out!!!!

Testtrack321

tn1999 said:
I have a funny story for you all, another mishap in the Share A Dream Come True Parade.

Spring 2002.

I was working in the Emporium at the time. The parade is like a well deserved break for the cast members in the store because all the guests leave the store with the exception of a handful of people who probably saw it already. During this time I usually stand and watch the parade, as I did this particular day.
Something went wrong with the Pinnochio float, it simply stopped (right infront of Exhibition Hall), as did the rest of the parade behind it. Quicker then I ever imagined possible, a small motorized vehicle came darting out of nowhere and everyone watched as a mechanic rigged up Pinnochio's float and pulled it along at a slightly faster rate.
Now for the funny part:
Since the entire parade got backed up, every float was off que. All of the floats start up again - but instead of the pleasant Disney parade speed, they all come ROARING past the Emporium at (what seemed like) 40 miles per hour to catch up with the music. As if this didnt shock me.. what I saw next I will take with me to my grave; I forget which float she was on... but it was Ursula who I saw flailing her arms in horror as her float zoomed by my door. One might think Ursula's behavior was over the top, but I can only imagine the fear that person inside must have been feeling.
I quickly ran out the back door of the Emporium to where the parade "unloaded". Immediatly after Ursula crossed "the line*" she ripped her head off to expose a flambouyant black man screaming "What the HELL is going on!"

*The Line (Not sure of its technical name) is a white line painted on the ground that indicates when the float or character is out of view from all the guests. Obviously, as a guess, you will be unable to see "The Line" as it too is purposefully out of view.

Oh my god, thanks for the laugh! WOW! It was funny to begin with, but the fact Ursala was a flamboyant black guy topped it off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom