News Mickey & Friends Parking Structure To Receive Updates

VJ

Original Poster
The Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will receive updates in-line with the recent additions introduced to the newly-opened Pixar Pals structure, as per Cast Member publication Disneyland Line:
At the bottom of the escalator, the Pixar ball awaits your first photo of the day (a Mickey-themed equivalent is coming soon to the other side).
Technological advancements include lights above each space indicating if the spot is free and digital signs that show the number of spots available, coming soon to both structures.
(emphasis added)

Sharon&Susan

What exactly is the Mickey equavilent to the Pixar ball? Whatever it is, I hope it's not from the newer cartoons.
E2EE923C-1A3A-4F59-AA3D-A790F5919E21.jpeg

It’d be charming.

DanielBB8

I'm expecting a huge Mickey white glove. If not, the SLS Las Vegas "blob" statue is available when the hotel transforms back to Sahara.

mickEblu

I’m guessing a giant Mickey head, BAH, or giant Mickey Ears.

I was there last night and there was a Mickey icon on a temporary sign pointing to Mickey b Friends. It was I believe it was the shape of Mickey head and the bottom half had his shorts. It could be something like that

Ismael Flores

That Plaza really deserves to have a character fountain. I am still upset that Disneyland Resort Anaheim is the only resort that doesn't have a proper fountain welcoming guests.

I have been asking for the poppy fountain at entrance of DTD to be removed and a proper fountain be added but if that can't happen then at least at the parking plaza.

Maybe once they tear out the eastern shuttle area they can finally fix the esplanade and add trees and a fountain. The removal of security area and possibly the hardly used ticket booths on that side of the property would add plenty of space for crowd and allow them to beautify the place

TP2000

That Plaza really deserves to have a character fountain. I am still upset that Disneyland Resort Anaheim is the only resort that doesn't have a proper fountain welcoming guests.

I have been asking for the poppy fountain at entrance of DTD to be removed and a proper fountain be added but if that can't happen then at least at the parking plaza.

Maybe once they tear out the eastern shuttle area they can finally fix the esplanade and add trees and a fountain. The removal of security area and possibly the hardly used ticket booths on that side of the property would add plenty of space for crowd and allow them to beautify the place

Don't forget, they were supposed to reroute the Monorail and expand DCA into that East Esplanade area, not build a fountain.

disneyland-eastern-gateway-plans.jpg

To be fair to Anaheim, Tokyo also doesn't have a big fountain in either entry plaza. There's a globe fountain in the front of DisneySea, but that's after you've entered the park past entrance turnstiles.

Ismael Flores

Don't forget, they were supposed to reroute the Monorail and expand DCA into that East Esplanade area, not build a fountain.

disneyland-eastern-gateway-plans.jpg

To be fair to Anaheim, Tokyo also doesn't have a big fountain in either entry plaza. There's a globe fountain in the front of DisneySea, but that's after you've entered the park past entrance turnstiles.

well i wasn't referring to that exact area i was talking about a fountain in the middle of the esplanade. The argument against it has always been that it would be in the way of morning crowds that line up at opening but i really don't think that would be an issue. with the removal of the ticket booths and security rea when they do get the eastern gateway going there will be additional space for crowd management. A fountain also doesn't have to be round and can be built elongated creating a natural flow from one park to the other.

I guess i rather have a nice feature in the middle of a green esplanade instead of a concrete plaza with a compass in the middle that is almost always blocked off with ugly barriers. rows of trees could even help create natural lines for guests to line up in front of the gates in the morning.

Marc Davis Fan

I also hope they add something to block the views of the back of Galaxy's Edge. The first time people see the land shouldn't be its backstage areas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom