Mickey, Donald, Other Disney Characters to Appear in 3-D in New Magic Kingdom® Attrac

popkid

Original Poster
(from the WDTC)

Disney magic meets Disney music in a new 3-D film spectacular debuting in 2003 at Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort. "Mickey’s PhilharMagic" will star Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck animated in a way they’ve never before been seen: grand, glorious, in-your-face three dimensions. The cast will also include Ariel from "The Little Mermaid," Aladdin and Jasmine from "Aladdin" and Simba from "The Lion King."
Set in the PhilharMagic Concert Hall, which replaces "Legend of the Lion King" in Fantasyland, the eye-popping 3-D experience will unfold on one of the largest screens ever created for a 3-D film, a 150-foot-wide canvas. Complete with in-theater effects, the attraction will immerse guests in the richly animated world of the Disney Characters.

ber4444

Even though I have heard about this for months,I am still excited.Wow its going to be like the one in animal kingdom.Awesome.

Lance

The question I have, will the Lion King building be large enough to fit philarmagic in it, or will they have to expand on it?

I've seen the Lion King show once, when it first opened, I think in 96, and from what I saw, I didn't think it was a big place. If I'm not mistaken, I remember sitting on the floor and watching the show. The interior didn't strike me as big enough for a 3D show(like the Honey, and muppets theatre's).

DigitalDisney

The LK building hosted Magic Journeys for a while. I'm sure it can host Philharmagic as well (the line queue will be an interesting issue though. Where will the line snake when the park is jammed?)

The question is ultimately, how long before we see this at another Disney park? How long will it be before it makes its way to DCA / DL / WDS / etc.?

WDWGuy

:D :D :D

WOW...2003 is turning out to be a banner year for Walt Disney World.

-The completion of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama with Primeval Whirl completed in the next few weeks.....completing the newly themed area in DinoLand USA at Disney's Animal Kingdom

-The introduction of Mickey's Philarmagic in 2003 at Animal Kingdom

-The introdution of Mission: Space at Epcot in 2003.

It just keeps growing and growing and growing :)

wdwrules

any idea when it is supposed to be opening?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

although i loved the lion king this sounds like its going to be worth replacing it with this

:animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

GhostlyGal1001

Originally posted by NowInc
Sounds cool...will definatly help bring new life into fantasyland (sorry..pooh just doesnt cut it)...
I agree completely, FantasyLand definately needs something new and exciting. The show sounds great, looking forward to it!! :)

Goofette

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I guess tonight has just had the LOTLK final performance! :( :)

That makes me sad. I never got to see LOTLK, but from what I hear their is a show at AKL that is similar to it and is really good. Is that correct, or am I mistaken? I'll be there in April, so I just missed it.:( By the way grizzlyhall I Love your Avatar.

Pioneer Hall

The way it sounds some people are thinking that that Philarmagic is opening in Animal Kingdom. But it is opening in Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland.

zonguy

Wow! It did not take long to remove the name from the front of the building. The show is still listed in the maps, but I guess that should not be a surprise.

They did have a cool poster in the entrance though:

Attachments

• dsc01923-sr.jpg
    dsc01923-sr.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 91

adr315

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
The LK building hosted Magic Journeys for a while. I'm sure it can host Philharmagic as well (the line queue will be an interesting issue though. Where will the line snake when the park is jammed?)

The question is ultimately, how long before we see this at another Disney park? How long will it be before it makes its way to DCA / DL / WDS / etc.?

Its been pretty much confirmed that Philharmagic will be a phase 1 attraction for Disney Hong Kong......

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by adr315

Its been pretty much confirmed that Philharmagic will be a phase 1 attraction for Disney Hong Kong......

I would expect this, because this show will be popular as is It's Tough to be a bug

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by dizpins14
hopefully they won't try and cut corners and use images from previous movies and then try and use a new script

Well the show is supposed to incorporate some stuff from old movies i believe

Luau Cove

It's great to have a 3D attraction in the MK, since it's the only WDW Theme that lacks of one of the type. The scheme looks good, and the idea is really fine, let's see what they got...
-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom