Mickey Donald Goofy The Three Musketeers

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Anyone pick it up today? I was surprised by it. The animation was really good (not choppy like other DTV movies) and the music was great. It was quick witted and I was laughing out loud alot. My 7 year old sister really liked it too.

This DVD came with a new Disney DVD feature called "Fastplay", where you can watch the movie and the bonus features at the end, without having to use the remote.

It also had a GREAT preview of "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas". That looks REALLY good.

Be sure to keep an eye out for several Park and (other) Disney movie references.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Patrick. I was thinking about buying it, but then I thought it might not be that great. I will have to pick it up now. :)

General Grizz

I want to see this, but I am not sure I actually wanna break out and buy it. . . (as Disney is drying my wallet out this year). . .

*wishes his local video rental company still had Disney videos. . *

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
I just watched all the bonus features. The Mock-umentary on the making of the movie was pretty cool.

If you don't like the movie, you will still have the VERY impressive "Twice Upon a Christmas" teaser to look forward to. And they said they couldn't do Mickey in CGI :rolleyes:

dizpins14

The trailer for Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas looked very good....it's like the writers think they can only do slap stick comedy with hand drawn animation in order to make the drawings look cool.....but for CGI since the movie looks cool it can have funny dialogue cause there were several funny jokes in the trailer.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
dizpins14 said:
The trailer for Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas looked very good....it's like the writers think they can only do slap stick comedy with hand drawn animation in order to make the drawings look cool.....but for CGI since the movie looks cool it can have funny dialogue cause there were several funny jokes in the trailer.
The (w)rapping elf :lol:

imagineer boy

I've just rented it from Netflix. It looks like it will be very good. I heard about the stories ( on the forums, not the trailer ) which sound pretty interesting. Can't wait! :sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I bought it and watched it last night.

A pretty good movie! Definitely worth buying or renting. The animation was great, as was the music. :)

It seems like DTV films are starting to become better and better. :lookaroun

***MILD SPOILERS AHEAD***

Patrick, where were the park references? I noticed a few movie references, but nothing else. The "You Must Be This Tall to Survive In This Dungeon" sign that is shown is the only thing I could think of that might be one.

judyfromkansas

I loved the Three Musketeers BUT...

I loved it so much as a rental I bought it the very next day! :) Loaded with real Disney magic! What this little movie proves is that 2-D animation, when it's combined with a great story and a stellar cast, can easily exist side-by-side with CGI films.

And speaking of CGI...I love "Shrek", "Monsters Inc." (I have a copy of that too), "Nemo" etc...but I just about rolfed when I saw the CGI preview of Mickey and the gang in the upcoming Christmas video.

Mickey looks HORRIBLE in CGI. He and his buds look like little rubber toys. They lack life and expression. Bleah! They look like the CGI version of Rocky and Bullwinkle (and what a terrible movie THAT was), like talking balloon animals, like squeaky toys, like animated Pez dispensers. They look far less "life-like" than they do in as moving line drawings. It's as if some genius at Disney decided to make a Mickey Mouse movie using guys wearing the park costumes! Eisner needs to retire and NOW if THIS is what he has planned for the Mouse's future! :eek:

No way I'd spend a dime on that video. BLEAH!!!!

judyfromkansas

ISTCrew20 said:
I just watched all the bonus features. The Mock-umentary on the making of the movie was pretty cool.

If you don't like the movie, you will still have the VERY impressive "Twice Upon a Christmas" teaser to look forward to. And they said they couldn't do Mickey in CGI :rolleyes:
Well, IMO, they can't. :eek:

DisneyFan 2000

Could've been much better if you ask me.. Animation looks like the 60s standards only with more color. The story was very basic and could've been so much more better.. The basics were there (love, action and comedy) but it missed a certain charm other Disney movies have.. Overall I bit disappointed but definately worth a watch... ;)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
judyfromkansas said:
Well, IMO, they can't. :eek:
Well I liked the way it looked. When this movie was just put into production, the stories were that they were having a hard time animating it, and that the characters looked AWEFUL! After seeing the preview, I liked the results. It's just an experiment (have a DTV CGI movie), but I'm definately going to pick it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom