Mickey at the Oscars and Lilo gets snubed in animated feature film.

netenyahoo

I didn't notice anything different in the voice, but I didn't like the glasses. The whole situation was akward and you could tell people in the audience didn't know what to do. Jennifer Garner was great though. Mickey wasn't that funny either.

I was sad that Lilo and Stitch or Treasure Planet didn't win. A Disney made movie hasn't won an Oscar yet - very sad fact! Next year it'll probably be Finding Nemo and that is Pixar.

meeko_33785

Last night seemed extreemly diappointing. First Lilo and Stitch loses (I knew it would, but it was still disappointing) and then the segment of Mickey presenting didn't seem right at all. If they hadn't said it was Mickey, I would have never guessed that it was supose to be him. I hope he looks better than that in Philharmagic.

Shaman

I wonder seeing the CGI Mickey if Pixar had anything to do with the creation of this CGI character or any others for Phillarmagic? I do think that the CGI Mickey was cool, and if Pixar had nothing to do with the creation then it only shows that Disney could create its own "pixar" if it wanted to. Just my opinion (hope that the mickey wasn't done by Pixar:lookaroun).

Shaman

Here's a pic:
Note: When he came out he wasn't with the glasses on.

Attachments

• mickeyoscars2003.jpg
    mickeyoscars2003.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 87

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Stitch79
Wow, some people take these award shows a *little* too seriously I can see.

I don't see how anyone can compare the ground breaking work that was Gollum in LOTR versus Spiderman swinging around. The best choice won that Oscar IMO.

I also think Lilo and Stitch was one of Disney's best non-Pixar animated features in a long time, as you can tell by my username.

:)

That said, I had some suprises and disappointments with the Academy Awards this year, but it was a good show and Steve Martin did a good job.

Hey, whatever makes you happy. There were scenes in Spider-Man you couldn't tell what was an actor, what was CG and what was both (obviously, in some of them it was pretty OBVIOUS). As for the Gollum, sorry, but Lucas has been doing it for some time. Even Bugs and the Looney Tunes were animated like that back in SPace Jam. The Scorpion King was animated like that in The Mummy Returns. Having the actor's face on a CG character is nothing new, but everybody has to bend over for the mighty power of LotR (I still don't see what's all the fuss, but... *shrugs*).

As I said, to each his own. Tink and No Name liked Spirited Away, and No Name even thinks L&S is a bad movie. Personally, I can't take that Anime crap. So yeah, I was sad that L&S and, even more, Treasure Planet lost, and Spidey too. I knew TP wpuldn't get it, but I was kinda hoping it did. Maybe it'd have brought the necessary boost to make people watch it, and then more would realize what a great Disney film it is.

Stitch79

Well as you said, to each his own. I have been a big LOTR fan since I was small, it was something I could use to spend quality time with my father. So maybe that has something to do with it.

I think Gollum was a vast improvement on Jar Jar Binks, and maybe it was the immense effort on the part of the actor who portrayed Gollum and the people who animated him that makes him stand out to me.

I personally thought that all of the Spiderman effect sequences looked computer generated. However, at the end of the day its all said and done, and we all can feel how we wish.

Nice talking to you. :wave:

adr315

I actually found CGI Mickey to be quite charming and funny.... Ive never been a huge fan of the Disney characters, but i was very impressed with last night's Mickey... i hope this is a preview of Philarmagic......

Goofster

I thought Mickey was okay, not great, but i'm sure in time he'll get better. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots and lots of CG Mickey in the future, first Philharmagic, then maybe Kingdom Hearts, a movie or two, and plenty of shorts, I'm sure uncle mike loves this CG mickey.

And in terms of visual effects, Spidey was okay, but the web-slinger had nothing on Attack of the Clones and the Two Towers. And LotR was great, but I wish critics would stop bowing down to it. Yes, Gollum was amazing, and he alone was probably worth the oscar, but in terms of an entire movie, Star Wars was the most amazing and mind boggling piece of cinema I have ever experienced. Still, I put faith in George, he fixed a lot of problems that were in Episode I, now all he needs to do is hire a scriptwriter that hasn't come from a project starring the Rock.

Episode III is definitely gonna be amazing

Shaman

Originally posted by TaborDude
Mickey with glasses... that's kinda Goofy looking... pun intended!!!

Makes you wonder what the other characters in Philarmagic are going to look like. Perhaps thats why Disney did this, to see what peoples reaction to a different Mickey would be. Personally I thought it was great. And if Pixar had no hand in this...they might be trembling at the thought of Disney competition...maybe thats another reason for the appearance of Mickey. If Disney can threaten Pixar maybe they'll stay put. I think that they should forget Pixar all together and that Disney should make their own division for that type of animation...just my opinion.:brick:

imagineer boy

Originally posted by TaborDude
Disney owns Pokemon?!? That's kinda scary!!! I can just see it now... come back to Picachu's Toontown Fair and ride the Charizard Barnstormer (spelling)?

:lookaroun

SCARY!!!!!

BTW... if I messed up on the Pokemon names, don't attack me visciously!!! Those are the only two that I (maybe) know!!!

No, I don't think Disney owns Pokemon. That's still a horrid thought though!:eek: Pikachu's town fair, ick! :eek: SCARY!

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I thought the glasses were ok. He's 75 and probally needs reading glasses by now.

hahahahaha....:lol: That's so funny turkey leg boy and true. I have to admit that when I saw him put the glasses on, I thought he looked old. And then I thought the same thing....he is old so he might need them. LOL

Anyways, I recorded it so I will make a couple more screen captures and a transcript for those who missed it. Just give me like till tomorrow night....

*Erika*

BenS

Does anyone watch the Daily Show with John Stewart? Because they dubbed over what he said and made him insult Michael Eisner. I don't remember what he said though, anyone remember?

TURKEY

Originally posted by BenS
Does anyone watch the Daily Show with John Stewart? Because they dubbed over what he said and made him insult Michael Eisner. I don't remember what he said though, anyone remember?

I saw the tail end of the piece with Jon moving on to another story. Mickey was still in the little news box, but Jon had apparently just made a joke and was waiting on the audience to quit laughing before moving on.

bamboo7

Originally posted by BenS

when did this episode air? they always re-air each episode the afternoon and evening after it originally airs.

TURKEY

Originally posted by bamboo7
when did this episode air? they always re-air each episode the afternoon and evening after it originally airs.

I think it was either Monday or Tuesday. School keeps me busy so I usually can't watch repeats or I foget about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom