Mickey Assisstants: Rent or Buy?

Tarbi

Original Poster
Here is an article about the upcoming Mickey assisstants which plans to change the way we visit Disney World...

"An interactive plush toy that - thanks to sensors that already embedded throughout the entire WDW resort - will act as entertainer / ambassador for these guests' Disney World trip. Among the many things that this doll is reportedly programmed to do is:

1. The plush will make suggestions about what the guest can do next while touring the park. ("Hey, we're passing 'Small World.' Do you want to go ride on that?")

2. The plush will try to entertain the guest while they're waiting in line. ("Press my left hand if you'd like me to tell a joke.")

3. The plush will also try to keep the guest updated on what's going on in the park ("The 3 o'clock parade starts in just 15 minutes") or any unexpected changes in the schedule ("Aw, shucks! The 3 o'clock parade has been postponed due to rain. Let's find something fun and indoors to do.")"

Is is also stated that these assisstants will help pre-book fast passes, book dinner, inform of queue times around the park, etc.

However these assisstants can be bought for £50 when they are released or can be rented for $8. Whent hese do come out, I was wondering if people are going to buy these or rent them, or of course ignore them. Thoughts please

:)

orangefan15

Hmmmm....tough question. I'll probably end up ignoring them. They sound a little annoying, especially if tons of people end up carrying them through the park. And if tons of people are carrying them through the park, I'll be able to hear them anyway. Just doesn't strike me as being worth $50...I'd rather have a nice meal.

Tarbi

Original Poster
It will be tried out in Magic Kingdom and over the next several months the sensors will be placed in other parks. Everytihng should be up and running by September if it goes well. Expect testing to start in about 2-3 month.

WDWKing

Ugghhhh, I could only imagine waiting in a 2 hour line for Test Track listening to about 50 PAL Mickey's saying "Hey, Wanna hear a joke" or "Look! Test Track, Wanna Ride it?" I'm probably going to wind up ripping all of them surrounding me to shreds by the time I step into the ride vehicle. :D :brick: :)

jmarc63

I like the concept of what the plush will do, But where my doubts lie is in weather an adult would cary around this plush just for that kind of setup, maybe it would worl better if they were to target the plush toward the childrens age group, Then it could be something to occupy the child in as long queue or other activities such as trivia on WDW. If there going to get an adult to use it I would maybe like to see a PDA style version, either a propritary unit for use only at WDW or maybe some software download to give you the ability to use you own PDA

Tarbi

Original Poster
I am sorry. I shoud have mentioned the different versions. I just didnt want to put the whole article on the forum incase it was far too long but the basics of it all are...

the first version will be the plush, this will contain the jokes, the trivia, the games etc

the second will be the adults version, the PDA. It will be shaped and modeled like the Magic Moment Pins. This is the device that will inform of queue times, allow you to book dinner, book fastpasses and tell you the times of the parades.

I am very sorry for not stating in the first place. Hope this helps

jmarc63

Originally posted by Tarbi
It will be tried out in Magic Kingdom and over the next several months the sensors will be placed in other parks. Everytihng should be up and running by September if it goes well. Expect testing to start in about 2-3 month.

Steve any thing official on this talking plush. Technology?

jmarc63

Originally posted by Tarbi
I am sorry. I shoud have mentioned the different versions. I just didnt want to put the whole article on the forum incase it was far too long but the basics of it all are...

the first version will be the plush, this will contain the jokes, the trivia, the games etc

the second will be the adults version, the PDA. It will be shaped and modeled like the Magic Moment Pins. This is the device that will inform of queue times, allow you to book dinner, book fastpasses and tell you the times of the parades.

I am very sorry for not stating in the first place. Hope this helps

Ok that makes things very clear now, with the adult version you say that it will be shaped like the MM pins, will it be that same size or more like a palm sized unit, and also where did you find this article on this?

mandib

Wow! Thanks! That's some interesting stuff. See don't you all love technology?!? Well I can't wait for my sister to want one and while standing in line for something hearing Do you want to hear a joke? Over and Over and over again! I do like the camera idea although I'm not sure I understand it. Do you think they will start trying this by April?

DisneyWonders07

Even though I'm 15, this unit would probably be very useful to even myself. I'd definetely get the handheld magical moments pin type one. Although I think they should be a bit larger than a MM pin, the size of a PDA or palmpilot would be excellent! And about the plush toy model, I doubt it will be very much of an annoyance with it's repeated "Wanna hear a joke?" dialogue because how many parents are gonna buy these toys for their small children when most of the kids won't even know what the heck a showtime or dinner reservation is!:p :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom