Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

JohnD

Forget the slapstick, I honestly enjoy the shorts not only because of its humor. But for the amount of obscure references to Disney's past. My favorite was the cameo of Elmer Elephant and Tillie Tiger at Niagara Falls in the "Sailing Away" short.

Watching Mickey ride on top of a locomotive at the end of one ep (can’t remember which one) was a nice subtle nod to Walt.

brb1006

When does it release?
We don't know so far, maybe they might finally reveal the new voice of Minnie Mouse once it comes out. I noticed the series went through a long hiatus due to Russi Taylor's passing last Summer. Knowing that Minnie Mouse is very prominent in the 2013 series and how recognizable Russi's Minnie voice is. It might had seriously effected the shows' production.

MagicHappens1971

We don't know so far, maybe they might finally reveal the new voice of Minnie Mouse once it comes out. I noticed the series went through a long hiatus due to Russi Taylor's passing last Summer. Knowing that Minnie Mouse is very prominent in the 2013 series and how recognizable Russi's Minnie voice is. It might had seriously effected the shows' production.
Have they found a new voice for Minnie? I can’t remember if Russi Taylor did the voice for Minnie’s Most Merriest before she had passed or if it was the new voice actress.

Surferboy567

We don't know so far, maybe they might finally reveal the new voice of Minnie Mouse once it comes out. I actually noticed the series went through a long hiatus due to Russi Taylor's passing last Summer.

B3A4BB4A-2921-491D-BA64-277AB636817D.jpeg

While I’m sure the passing of Russi has something to do with this it’s actually not uncommon for the shorts to have crazy long breaks. As shown here...

See Season 3 - Season 4

Last edited:

brb1006

Have they found a new voice for Minnie? I can’t remember if Russi Taylor did the voice for Minnie’s Most Merriest before she had passed or if it was the new voice actress.
Apparently Russi was able to record almost all of her dialogue for Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Fireworks. After her death, two of Minnie's lines were recorded by an unidentified actress (same with Mickey's Trick & Treat Dance Party Show" at DCA for Oogie Boogie Bash)

She was able to record all of her dialogue for the Disney On Ice show Road Trip Adventures which premiered a month after her passing.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Apparently Russi was able to record almost all of her dialogue for Minnie Mouse for the Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Fireworks. After her death, two of Minnie's lines were recorded by an unidentified actress (same with Mickey's Trick & Treat Dance Party Show" at DCA for Oogie Boogie Bash)

She was able to record all of her dialogue for the Disney On Ice show Road Trip Adventures which premiered a month after her passing.

I think I remember reading this but just to verify...Russi recorded for the runaway railway before she passed?

brb1006

I think I remember reading this but just to verify...Russi recorded for the runaway railway before she passed?
Yeah, Runaway Railway will mark Russi Taylor's final performance as Minnie. I even stumbled upon a picture of her at a recording booth for the ride that was posted by one of the crew members as a tribute. I believe the photo is somewhere on this website. If anyone is able to find that photo that I seen months ago. Please let me know.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Yeah, Runaway Railway will mark Russi Taylor's final performance as Minnie. I even stumbled upon a picture of her at a recording booth for the ride that was posted by one of the crew members as a tribute. I believe the photo is surfing somewhere on this website. If anyone is able to find that photo that I seen. Please let me know.

Found it, and it was posted by you :)

After the news of Russi Taylor's passing, Elyse Willis shared this photo of Russi during a recording session for Runaway Railway.

The latest Mickey Mouse short "Carried Away" also marked the last short that aired while she was still alive.

Bob Iger's statement on Russi's passing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom