Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Rand113

Has anyone heard if the ride vehicles are ECV/wheelchair accessible? I know the ride vehicles are smaller than the GMR so not sure if there will be space for a wheelchair.

T.Will

Getting the Disneyland announcement today?

Not gonna say they're announcing it, but it seems like they're moving quickly on MMRR coming to Toontown. Quote from the Disneyland forum.

My Bothan spies report unequivocally that MMRR is going into Toontown. Staff shops have vacated both the L-shaped building around the pyro farm and the 500 building directly to the East. The Entertainment Division is fully engaged in planning for the move from the main Entertainment HQ (where MMRR will be located) to the other two buildings.

I have heard this from CMs who have been told by their managers that this is the real deal. I still have unanswered questions about some of the details, but generally the move is happening. We know that permits have been pulled for work in these two buildings. I'm also told there are already construction fences starting to go up.

T.Will

What do you mean, you’re not sure they’re going to announce it? The Instagram post literally said “something exciting is coming to Toontown at Disneyland”.
For all I know, they could be announcing a new dance party. They could be announcing MMRR for DL today; they could not. Nobody likes egg on their face.

CTXRover

Last edited:

Kman101

Meh. I get it's Mickey but I hate it's cloned (I don't need anyone to argue with me why it should be; I get why it's being cloned). And meh to Spring 2020. So we have to wait another entire year. So hilarious considering the entire point of the project was to have it open BEFORE Star Wars ;) How sad they can't open the signature main attraction of the park for it's 30th anniversary and how sad they couldn't open it during the Mickey and Minnie celebration. Horrible timing all around. But [sarcasm] yay to opening a land half ready [/sarcasm]

Atomicmickey

Sad to see it delayed so long for DHS, but at least we know now.

And I know this isn't a Disneyland forum but where the heck are they going to find room in Toontown for it!??

Luxe

It makes sense on Disney's end to push the opening to next year as much as I don't agree with it. Gives them the rest of the year to talk about SWGE and then they can hype up MMRR in the new year. Obviously doesn't make as much sense in terms of park capacity but it's 2019, who cares about the guest experience anyways?

Disney Dad 3000

So is the following accurate?

1. They barely were able to get Toy Story Land open on time in June 2018
  2. They are opening Smuggler's Run slightly ahead of schedule.
  3. They are missing their target opening date for Rise of the Resistance
  4. They are substantially missing their target opening for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
This does not inspire much confidence in me.

I don't think they are behind on ROTR. If it opens by December that would seem to fit their planned opening

Though it is causing delays elsewhere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom