Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

We on the train are about to be crushed by the machine, but Mickey makes it to a lever, and when he flips the lever, it turns the world around us into a park, as if by magic, sparing us from the fate of being crushed.

Anything is possible in the toon world.

That’s not how I read it. I don’t think it’s the turning into the park that saves us from being crushed. I think Minnie (not Mickey) makes it to the lever and stops us from being crushed as it turns off the machine. The turning into the park was really just some effects that imagineers wanted to showcase and just thought that was the most effective place to do it as a transition to the nighttime park scene. Makes sense as it’s after the climax. Every other scene we kind of get bounced around following Minnie and Minnie through all their mishaps. That approach wouldn’t make sense after the climax. It’s also possible it also could have been created as a neat solution to maximize the space to tell the story they wanted to tell.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Honestly I still think it should be. Whether it be a Fantasyland expansion, Discovery Bay, or whatever else, I do believe this space could be more efficient in its use.
View attachment 765802
It was jammed with people every time we went on our vacation there this past week. Is it the most efficient use of space? I don’t know. But on all prior trips I took to Disneyland, I was waiting for the tumbleweeds to blow in. This time I could hardly move.

So it’s definitely pulling people from the rest of the park. Which I think was the primary objective.

CastAStone

Premium Member
i dont get the hate on tt, with the addition of mmrr and the refresh of the rest of the land and houses, its a great colorful place with 3 fun rides and lots to walk around and see, esp if your a kid. imo. sucks there isnt one in FL
Absolutely agree. My kids had way more fun there than in Fantasyland where the only things to do are 3 minute rides through movies they don’t want to watch in the first place (I love fantasyland but that’s their perspective)

CastAStone

Premium Member
Since this thread has gotten a second wind, I have a question about the final scene in the ride. I got a chance to experience it in December and am a little confused as to how we riders got from a factory to the park in the blink of an eye. I must have missed something. Can anyone shed light on this apparent teleportation?
Man if you’re going to get that literal I don’t know how you ride things like Mr Toad.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Anyway this ride’s biggest issue is none of the above, it’s that they can’t seem to keep the damn thing running. Which doesn’t seem to be a big problem in Orlando for this ride? We were there for 4 days this past weekend and it must have been down 12 separate times. I bet it had an entire operating day’s worth of downtime in those 4 days.

It’s like the 8th trackless ride they’ve built. 3rd at Disneyland. What the heck is the issue here?

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyway this ride’s biggest issue is none of the above, it’s that they can’t seem to keep the damn thing running. Which doesn’t seem to be a big problem in Orlando for this ride? We were there for 4 days this past weekend and it must have been down 12 separate times. I bet it had an entire operating day’s worth of downtime in those 4 days.

It’s like the 8th trackless ride they’ve built. 3rd at Disneyland. What the heck is the issue here?
The balloon prop that Mickey and Minnie ride on during the carnival scene was broken and in B-mode when I was there in November. Been seeing on Twitter that it's apparently still regularly broken?

What a shame.

Also agree about the downtime. It was down for like 5 hours on our one day there in November. Good thing we prioritized it in the morning because it was down from like 5pm to close (the fireworks didn't help since it closes the land in between).

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The balloon prop that Mickey and Minnie ride on during the carnival scene was broken and in B-mode when I was there in November. Been seeing on Twitter that it's apparently still regularly broken?

What a shame.

Also agree about the downtime. It was down for like 5 hours on our one day there. Good thing we prioritized it in the morning because it was down from like 5pm to close (the fireworks didn't help since it closes the land in between).
I see this more and more at Disney parks. The longer you wait to see an attraction, the more of a chance there will be something broken. It is a shame.

Skip

What a shame.

Also agree about the downtime. It was down for like 5 hours on our one day there in November. Good thing we prioritized it in the morning because it was down from like 5pm to close (the fireworks didn't help since it closes the land in between).

I don't think it has been fixed yet. Ridiculous but apparently the standard now - more than a few major figures that have been missing or broken for months on end.

SuddenStorm

I see this more and more at Disney parks. The longer you wait to see an attraction, the more of a chance there will be something broken. It is a shame.

This has been happening for decades. Indy had the ice machine, Splash Mountain had more motion on the Br'er Bear in Laughing Place.

Haunted Mansion had different staging for the bride in the attic, and had the Hatbox Ghost for a week or so.

The difference is- when MMRR has limited physical props, having any of them be broken is far more noticeable and detrimental to the experience.

It's still not as egregious as the cannons on Rise not working- that was intended to be a show stopping moment and I've only seen them work twice in four years. I'm pretty sure they haven't worked since 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom