News Mickey and Friends cavalcade ending at EPCOT

brb1006

Yup unfortunately 🙃
I understand why, it’s tight getting the grand marshal vehicle through a lot of the showcase and with crowds getting bigger and bigger it’s even harder to manage. They were already not doing it on the weekends.
Heck, the last time vehicles traveled around World Showcase was the old Disney Character Double Decker Bus which last until the mid 2000s.

arich35

Well that is kind of sad right before our trip. Are any of the Mickey characters around Epcot besides the entrance?

TTA94

Bummer, I kinda like it in a weird way. In particular the holiday version and the soundtrack lol which yes was from DCA.

JIMINYCR

We were also looking forward to having it appear. And of course it has to end right now when our trip starts on the 4th. Oh well.... just accept having even one less enjoyable experience.

DoleWhipDrea

Well that is kind of sad right before our trip. Are any of the Mickey characters around Epcot besides the entrance?
I don't know if the fab five are waving to guests by the entrance right now, but with the updated CDC guidelines, I wouldn't be surprised if they would come back to this location. Other characters can be found waving or will sometimes talk to guests behind a barrier at a safe distance, like Queen Anna in Norway or Pooh chasing butterflies with a net near Imagination.

WDW_Emily

We actually liked the socially distant meets better than the cavalcades. We meet Anna, Stormtroopers, Chewy, Ray, and Stitch this way. Stitch was the best with three green circles people could stand on for pictures then be on their way. I loved it!

TTA94

Slightly off subject but I wonder if they could do some type of water version of Tapestry/Character daytime show, using the Harmonious screens and fountains during the show. May as well put them to use during the day since their stuck out there for the foreseeable future. Epcot could benefit from some type of daytime show. Additionally they could do Holiday overlays.

Last edited:

HairyChest

I wasn’t too fond of them. I’d prefer it only at Magic Kingdom. Now if they had cultural reps in them with appropriate music that would be cool.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Is it really easier to get horses through crowds than a vehicle? That doesnt sound right.

I'd believe it if someone tried selling Akershus reopening soon and moving princesses back there again behind an effective pay wall.

mm52200

Is it really easier to get horses through crowds than a vehicle? That doesnt sound right.

I'd believe it if someone tried selling Akershus reopening soon and moving princesses back there again behind an effective pay wall.
Well considering they continue to run the princess promenade 7 days a week but it’s too busy to run Mickey and friends on the weekend then yes. Horses and carriage is a little narrower so easier to fit through everything, that and no characters walking on the ground either.

Justinate

If only they had several expansion pads which they could add new countries to and maybe use fewer temp-buildings.
I dunno about that ... the last time they used an expansion pad for a "temporary" building (World ShowPlace), it's remained there for ages and doesn't look likely to be removed anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom