Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The balance in most threads leans more toward grumping and repeating the same negative comments.

Maybe there was a time when the majority was pixie dust - not recently.
As opposed to “this is the best thing Disney has done!”?

If more people are turning negative towards WDW, maybe that’s a sign things really aren’t all rainbows and unicorns and pixie dust? Or perhaps… PERHAPS… those “grumping” are the ones who have been supporting this company and these parks for 30-40 years (or more), have spent more than a copious amount of money over those years, and have seen what Disney is, or at least was, capable of doing on the regular and frankly aren’t all that impressed with most of what management allows WDI to churn out these days?

C33Mom

Do you people have any purpose in coming here other than to crap all over Disney? Good grief, it's like every single thread I try to go into has this kind of stuff. It get so old for those of us who actually still like Disney and come here for some fun as Disney fans.
I have found that muting/ignoring members who post the same complaints and doomsday predictions across many threads has vastly improved my experience here. I fully respect their right to air their grievances, but I only have about 17 waking hours a day and I don’t want to spend it reading the same complaints over and over again. (This is not directed at least some of the posters complaining on this thread because I can still see them, lol)
Sadly I think it’s serious! Boggles my mind that people waste time getting normal grocery store candy while at MK.
Boggles my mind too. Unfortunately, I have two children who thought it was the highlight of their entire Halloween season last year, so a-treatin’ we will go. I decide to lean in and each time we get in a line I say “this is where I win all our money back,” so my kids may have some very skewed ideas about the cost of Disney trips relative to the cost of M&Ms…on the bright side, at least they don’t make me ride Tomorrowland Speedway anymore.

bmr1591

Original Poster
As long as the parties sell out, Disney doesn’t care if it’s day of or six months out. Heck, it’s more beneficial, in some sense, to have parties not sell out immediately so fans don’t feel pressure to wake up early and purchase day of. People complain about not being able to get tickets to certain things like race weekends.

The only thing that will make Disney change is if multiple parties don’t sell out.

JMcMahonEsq

As long as the parties sell out, Disney doesn’t care if it’s day of or six months out. Heck, it’s more beneficial, in some sense, to have parties not sell out immediately so fans don’t feel pressure to wake up early and purchase day of. People complain about not being able to get tickets to certain things like race weekends.

The only thing that will make Disney change is if multiple parties don’t sell out.
From an economic cost standpoint, if the offering sells out too quickly, it means they were underprices for the perceived value the public put on them. From a business standpoint, you want maximum ROI, as you said it doesn't really matter if it sells out on day 1 of the sale, or day of the party.

tanc

Chicken sandwich at cosmic ray's was fantastic which I think is back! I also really enjoyed the sleepy hollow funnel cake and the habanero ice cream in 2023. The funnel cake seems like it would be pretty good I guess, although the one last year was one of my favorite items. Seems to be decent this year, DOLE Whip Mango and Chamoy Float sounds pretty nice.

Witches Cold Brew also returned, I probably bought like three of them last time. Probably my favorite drink I've ever had at Disney. Seems to be a party only item though, last year you could get it during any time of the day.

Sans Souci

I want the dole mango whip with chamoy. I wish they had it in pineapple though. I also want to try the jalapeño popper hot dog, but I might be hating life after eating that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So many things that are again only available during the Halloween party. Leaving money on the table because I'd wager a lot of people would love to try a lot of these things without the hard ticket roadblock. Not to mention the insanity of doing a TS meal during a hard ticket event. But what do I know.

Andrew25

So many things that are again only available during the Halloween party. Leaving money on the table because I'd wager a lot of people would love to try a lot of these things without the hard ticket roadblock. Not to mention the insanity of doing a TS meal during a hard ticket event. But what do I know.
I agree, but I have to imagine they're seeing survey results that tell them that people are choosing to go to MNSSHP for the food & entertainment over the rides. So keeping the food behind paid event admission is a bit of an incentive to purchase tickets.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I agree, but I have to imagine they're seeing survey results that tell them that people are choosing to go to MNSSHP for the food & entertainment over the rides. So keeping the food behind paid event admission is a bit of an incentive to purchase tickets.
More than likely true.

Unpaid intern - "Sir, the initial survey results are showing people don't want to pay extra for the special food items..."

TDO - "Then change the surveys to get the results we need to justify this! Bob's breathing down our necks more than ever, we gotta make more money!!!"

I know that's not how it went, because ... well... people should know my thoughts on the matter. But I absolutely hold management responsible for the "need more revenue" piece. I would posit that making half of the event-exclusive items available during the day would result in even higher revenues than putting all of the event-exclusive items behind a hard-ticket paywall.

Andrew25

I would posit that making half of the event-exclusive items available during the day would result in even higher revenues than putting all of the event-exclusive items behind a hard-ticket paywall.
Oh I agree - I think there's a happy medium where profit & guest satisfaction for the event and daytime guests can be achieved. I can understand from an ops perspective not selling some of the more "complex" entree items at the QSR locations for complexity reduction, but the treats that are pre-made BoH can be easily sold during the day.

I also think they made a mistake making Jollywood Nights an upcharge experience. Can easily offer 2 holiday food festivals without the need to staff the park an additional 3-4 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom