Michelle Kwan....new castmember????

2much2do

Original Poster
Hi,
Heard something on the radio today about Disney hiring Michelle Kwan for something????? Anybody know anything about this???

TURKEY

Yeah. I wish Disney would have gone with Hughes.

I guess they thought Kwan may be more marketable because she has been around so long.

2much2do

Original Poster
I wasn't gonna say anything cuz I didn't know if we had Kwan fans here, but....
Why did they pick the loser? Michelle Kwan has such an air of conceit, arrogance and basically a spoiled brat! Sarah Hughes is so much cuter and charming and sweet and ..............Disney!
Oh well. They didn't ask me.

Maria

Originally posted by 2much2do
I wasn't gonna say anything cuz I didn't know if we had Kwan fans here, but....
Why did they pick the loser? Michelle Kwan has such an air of conceit, arrogance and basically a spoiled brat! Sarah Hughes is so much cuter and charming and sweet and ..............Disney!
Oh well. They didn't ask me.

wow.... you read my mind! Hughes is so Disney like! Kwan has always looked "full of herself" to me...
Maybe they chose her because she is older than Hughes? I don´t know... :confused:

2much2do

Original Poster
I know education is very important to Sarah. She wants to go to an Ivy League and go to med school. She probably wouldn't sign a deal with them anyway, even if they asked.

mickeyman

I heard that disney had already picked kwan before the olimpics even started. I think they were just hoping that she would win the gold.

Cindy Rella

Originally posted by Maria

wow.... you read my mind! Hughes is so Disney like! Kwan has always looked "full of herself" to me...

I agree! I would have loved to see Hughes picked up. I also think a deal might have been in the making - how figure skating like of them.:(

Camelot

I agree...Sarah Hughes would have been the better choice.

Even as I was watching the Olympics, Sarah was such a wholesome young person who did not put on airs, unlike Michelle Kwan.

Atticus

Both Kwan and Hughes are awesome in my opinion. But for some reason, I agree with Disney in picking Kwan. I'm not sure exactly, I guess because she's been in the professional world of skating and advertising longer, and also she just has that friendly "look" and stuff! Well again, they both rock

Maria

well.... I don´t think Kwan has a very friendly look... I think Hughes has more of a friendly look than her. But, yes, I agree, Kwan has been in the professional world of skating and advertising longer without mentionning that she is older, so I agree with Disney´s decision. Don´t you also think that because of her ethnical background she had more chances to get that contract than Hughes? I don´t mean to upset or start an argument here, but being Disney such an open company and with a lot of different people from different cultures working for it, Kwan would also be a very fitting and perfect example of the Disney culture.
;)

2much2do

Original Poster
Okay Maria, I can see your point about Michelle, and that is probably why Disney picked her. I just don't really like her that much.

melittahauser

I agree with you guys. I too would have liked to see Sarah, she is such a cutie and I think we have all seen enough of Michele. Sarah has such a refreshing appearance and she looks like she is so full of youth. Actually everything Disney could have wanted. Oh well another Disney goof.

dlfjr

Hi guys, sorry to be on the defensive on my first post but I totally disagree with your comments about Michelle, I have been a figure skating (and Disney!!!) fan for years, I have watched Michelle develop as a skater and take the sport to new heights on artistic impression and throughout it all she has been the consumate champion, gracious and humble no matter how she finished in the standings. I really don't see how anyone can say she is arrogant or as 2much2do stated, a spoiled brat. Michelle has always been reserved, a little introverted, unlike Sara, a wide eyed, extroverted teenager. And I'm not bashing Sara I like her also, she outskated everyone that night and deserves to wear the Gold Medal. Although Michelle came in third, which is not being a loser as some state, it is her second olympic medal!!! Bottom line is Michelle's popluarity is emense and Disney knows this, she has been at the top for years (6 time National Champion, 4 time World Champion) and never finished below third in any competition she has entered since 1996.......Disney looked at overall picture and not just one competition and made the right choice. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion but at least give Michelle credit for what she has accomplished in her career.

njchris65

MY FIRST POST! ;)

I'd agree that Hughes probably isnt going to do any of this until she is done with school. Jeez.. who needs a full time job when you are still in HS? She can still enjoy her fame and finish what schooling she wants then go on to this. I don't think she'll have a problem down the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom