Michael Eisner interview

TURKEY

Original Poster
On CNN's Lou Dobbs Moneyline, Michael Eisner was interviewed.

ABC:

Ratings coming up. Gone back to family programming. Basing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday. In 18-49, either ranked 1 or 2 in 5 of 7 nights. Dramas are weak except for Sunday.

Studio:

Number 2 over the summer. Fall/Winter looks good as well.

Theme Parks:

Japan has never done better. Capital doesn't have to be added.
Next 5 years, capital won't have to be spent. Cash flows should improve. (Not sure about where capital was talked about -- only theme parks, or entire company)

ABC-CNN merger:

Can't say it will happen. He would like it to happen. Head of CNN wants it. Give Disney Co. worldwide reach, CNN reach of 110 million households. Have to sit down and figure out how it happens.

Stock Options, Board:

No problems in transparency, complicated business deals, accounting. One of first to seperate accounting and consulting. Majority plus independence on board. Wants to lead in this area.

This is what I took from just watching the repeat at 11:30/10:30. He said more, but this is what I picked up on and could type.

Geordi

Okaaay Mikey....

So what about reducing your bloated salary and INCREASING the rank-and-file CM's salaries to a living wage???

How about taking away the "free" stock options and letting us REALLY see their worth on the bottom line? (Or perhaps you won't do this b/c then we would DEMAND you stop recieving them yourself...?)

I love how he COMPLETELY ignored that options question, just like lots of other CEOs that are overpaid for the carbon dioxide they produce. The ones who have nothing to hide, or are willing to take the sacrifice, THOSE are CEOs I respect. Coca-Cola may not give out huge amounts of options, but they will be counted correctly from now on. That is something to respect.

Cmon Mikey, where are your guts? Are you so cowardly you wouldn't even answer the question?

Wimp. You make me sick to think that YOU are running Walt's company like this. :mad: :hurl:

--Jim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom