MIB - Alien Attack: tips and hints

jonnyc

Original Poster
There is nothing better than a bit of friendly competition on rides like this, and nothing better than blowing your competition out of the water.

The top score i've managed to get on MIB is 310,000 and that was with the bonus at the end. This was after 4/5 single rides round as my family stood in the gift shop out of the rain. I remeber the guy sitting next to me looking in amazement at my score, and looking at amusement with his wife's score of 9,000.

Anywho, i'm sure i've read somewhere that some people have got the 999,999 maximum and i wanted to know whether this was possible, impossible and had happened to someone here.

And while on the topic i thought we could share our tips and hints so we can wow our friends and family with how brilliant we would be in the event of an Alien attack.

I'll kick us off...

Aiming at the aliens in the second story windows.
The obvious 100,000 point bonus for pressing the red button when encountering the final huge monster.

timeman

The best I have got is 425,000.

When I took a VIP Tour last summer the tour guide told us the following and it does help.

Aim at all the monsters between the eyes and the chest.
Hit the eyes to make them turn from green to red.
Always keep your finger on the trigger because as long as you keep squeezing the trigger every couple of seconds you will get points even if you don't hit anything.
To get the 100,000 point bonus at the end you have to be the first person to hit the red button.

Mr.EPCOT

My high score is in the vicinity of 800,000 - 850,000. First thing to remember is to hold the trigger down the entire time. It just takes a lot of practice, figuring out which targets you can hit multiple times for the good ever-increasing point values. I seem to have better luck with hitting the flat aliens in the windows multiple times near the beginning of the ride. You get a lot of good point values hitting the eyes in the bushes. After this, hitting the thermal exhaust port or whatever it is on the other vehicle as many times as possible is key. If it's not there, I've found that the eyes in the posters and the parking meter get you a lot of points. Or, if you want to be really nasty, you can just turn around and keep shooting the target on your own vehicle. And finally, the holy grail of targets is hidden on the big bug at the end, and is supposed to be worth 100,000 or more, but I've never found it, just had an employee there tell me about it.

JROK

MIBPros.jpg

My max is 999,999 and it took a little bit of practice and dozens of rides to master.

1) Hold the trigger and shoot the aliens over and over. Same alien, same spot, over and over and over till you can't shoot it anymore.

2) The aliens in the windows are great, but the small sensors on the window frames are even better and easier to hit. These sensors are about the size of a quarter and are on crossbeams of the window frame. They look like a small microchip board with a black box in the middle of it. (On the window with the slats that flip up and down, you can see two holes where the sensors are.)

3) Shoot the eyes in the bushes. The further away an alien is, the more points you get for it.

4) Don't aim for the red circle of the fusion exhaust port, but aim for the blue lights on the side of it that go up and down. When you hit the red circle, it cancels out any scoring opportunity and causes the vehicle to spin. However there are two sensors on either side located about 3/4th of the ways up the blue tracing lights that outline the top of the vehicle. When you hit these, you'll hear a noise on your gun kind of like a cheap sfx of a bullet hitting metal. Hit them over and over to get tons of points. (When boarding the vehicle, make sure to look back at these lights and you'll see a small black box where the sensor is.)

5) PUSH THE RED BUTTON.

Good luck!!!

PS
Don't ask me how to beat Buzz Lightyear because I fail at that ride and can only manage about 300,000 lol!

MagliteL13

Hey guys, if ya ever see me there just let me know and I'll help ya out. Here's my short list:

• It's easier when riding alone.

• If all you see are eyes, aim between them.
  • If the alien is on a ledge or hanging, look for the sensors on the ledge or around the alien.
  • Hold the trigger down-- you can get around 30,000 total just by doing that.
  • Try about three hits per alien as a general rule--there are exceptions)
  • If you're looking to max out (999,999) the outside track is easier.
  • With only one track, maxing out is incredibly difficult.
  • The "P's"-- Pug, Poles, Parking Meter, Posters, Psecond Story Windows (the P is silent...)
There's a start.

Helena123

Thanks for all the tips everyone :)

I really can't remember my top score, i think its about 400,000, so not very high haha but still...

i found with the red button, if theres someone else in your car who knows its coming and has the annoying habbit of stealing the 100,000 bonus at the end (e.g. my little sister hehe) you can use one hand to keep pressing it repeatedly (and the other to keep shooting) and your almost garanteed to get the bonus

If you're looking to max out (999,999) the outside track is easier.

Would this be the left or right track?

vnvnvn2000

Men in Black Alien Attack offers the ability to effect the outcome of the ride and offers an awesome challenge. I must have ridden it over ten times (the park was not busy at all) and it never got boring. For those of you who love shooting video games, this takes you one step further and its even harder as you have to try and shoot while the ride movies and spins.

MagliteL13

men in black alien attack offers the ability to effect the outcome of the ride and offers an awesome challenge. I must have ridden it over ten times (the park was not busy at all) and it never got boring. For those of you who love shooting video games, this takes you one step further and its even harder as you have to try and shoot while the ride movies and spins.
... ?

jonnyc

Original Poster
10 Weeks till my next trip, so I thought I’d bump this thread and see if anyone had discovered any more tactics for high scoring on MIB in the past 2 years, or if any new forum members can impart any knowledge which will guarantee that I beat my sister in September...

Bravo 229

10 Weeks till my next trip, so I thought I’d bump this thread and see if anyone had discovered any more tactics for high scoring on MIB in the past 2 years, or if any new forum members can impart any knowledge which will guarantee that I beat my sister in September...

I went last weekend and rode it a few times. I found that holding down the trigger the entire time works well, and I ended up with over 400,000 pts! I'll have to refer to this topic next time before going, just to see if I can max out next time!

jonnyc

Original Poster
Attempting not to sound stupid but with this holding down the trigger technique, do you literally just hold it down and it constantly shoots without having to pull the trigger? Meaning there would be no need to constantly keep shooting?

Bravo 229

Attempting not to sound stupid but with this holding down the trigger technique, do you literally just hold it down and it constantly shoots without having to pull the trigger? Meaning there would be no need to constantly keep shooting?

Correct. From what I remember, holding down the trigger produces a Semi-Automatic effect, which means there is a slight pause between shots.

Bairstow

I finally got a chance to ride Will Smith's Space Ranger Spin a week ago, and was really impressed with everything about the attraction.

I rode three times, and the first time I was able to use two guns at once and got 260,000 with my right hand and 100,000 with my left. The other two times I only had one gun and never came close. Beginner's luck?

a2grafix

Thanks for the tips. Last time I was on "Will Smith's Alien Ranger Spin" was in December 2009. I'm getting ready for another trip in October and wanted to say thanks in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom