MGM's Great Movie Ride

StarScream86

They need a scene from the star wars movies.
like maybe luke fighting vader on bespin from episode V or
anakin fighting obi-wan on mustafar from episode III.

Brian_B

Yes, the finale film has been slightly modified. In my opinion the changes were excellent. Plus it gives us movie riders something new to look at 12+ times a day!

I have heard (= huge, unconfirmed rumor alert) that the Hat icon's placement has to do with how the owners of the actual chinese theatre feel about the replica @ mgm. this accounts for the lack of new footprints as well. This is just what I heard, though.

Someone listed a bunch of movies made by MGM, which are admittedly excellent films, but I don't think any of them really are well-suited to represent an entire genre of film for all time in and of themselves. Sorry - I love the usual suspects as much as anyone, but I don't think any of those films are going to be remembered in, say, 50 years. The ones on the movie ride are absolutely timeless - 100 years from now, I can practically guarantee people will still be watching wizard of oz, for example. Alien was an amazing film, and you have to admit that the Alien corridor is just cool. I could go on, but I'm not going to.

may the ride stand forever

mitchk

They could maybe change a few scenes, but that's it. I love GMR, it's classic Disney. Although I wish they could have done something with the end (when they show the clips from the movies) I always felt like that was a weak finale. I head that when the ride was first designed the ending was supposed to be the scene from Wizard of OZ where they met the Wizard, when the Wizard would say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" either the cowboy, or mob guy, would come out from behind a curtain. Then the sides of the theater would light up to revel all of the previous stars you encountered through the ride, who would then take a bow. This idea was scrapped because Disney only has the rights to a couple of minutes of the Wizard of Oz. Too bad, that would have been a great ending.

MacRtst

Here's what I'm thinking...keep PoTC (as the classic that it is) and make a scene with Jack sparrow and Barbossa in the movie ride.

Overkil...maybe, but they have indiana jones stunt show AND a scene in TGMR. Right???

kill two sparrows with one stone!:lol:

imagineer boy

If I were to update it, I would definately get rid of the Tarzan scene. Because IMO the movie isn't really that well known, and the Disney animated one kinda eclipses it. So I'd perfer something new there. Like someone else said, Star Wars would be good, but a Silence of the Lambs scene would be GREAT. I can just imagine the ride going through the jail cell scene were Hannibal is talking to Clarice. It would be perfect!

I think they should just redo the movie at the end. There are so many movies that need to be included now, like LOTR, Braveheart, Gladiator, The Exorcist, The Shining, Chicago, Titanic, Ghost, and so many more!

If they ever did tear out the great movie ride, then MGM would completely lose its soul. Hopefully it'll be here to stay.

DisneySaint

A modernization would be terrific with some nods to Titanic, Star Wars, Hitchcock, film noir, (keep Casablanca and Wizard of Oz), and the many countless great films of our time.

cavepig

I like the Great Movie Ride, it's so nice and relaxing. It's nice to just sit and ride. I like the Tarzan part (the true Tarzan was Johnny Weismuller like they have) and Indiana Jones parts the best. Instead of changing this ride they should build another ride with a movie theme in it instead of so many shows.

RonAnnArbor

There really haven't been too many rumors about this one until Jim Hill stated in the 2006 edition of the Unofficial Guide to WDW that the ride might be gutted for the real estate and a new attraction. That is the only place I have seen any mention of changes or removal. As we all know, Jim Hill's blurbs are often opinion and not based on more than that.

StarScream86

imagineer boy said:
If I were to update it, I would definately get rid of the Tarzan scene. Because IMO the movie isn't really that well known, and the Disney animated one kinda eclipses it. So I'd perfer something new there. Like someone else said, Star Wars would be good, but a Silence of the Lambs scene would be GREAT. I can just imagine the ride going through the jail cell scene were Hannibal is talking to Clarice. It would be perfect!

I think they should just redo the movie at the end. There are so many movies that need to be included now, like LOTR, Braveheart, Gladiator, The Exorcist, The Shining, Chicago, Titanic, Ghost, and so many more!

If they ever did tear out the great movie ride, then MGM would completely lose its soul. Hopefully it'll be here to stay.

and don't forget the all new modern day classic"brokeback mountain":drevil:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The movie sequence at the end was updated and actually has a clip of Narnia (included before the movie was released) and Pirates, amongst others. I dont see them doing a whole lot with this attraction other than switching out a couple of ride scenes. You might see them take out the scorcers apprentice section (which orriginally was to be the beginning sequence of Wizard of Oz) but had to be removed due to the agreement with Turner Broadcasting who owns the rights to Wiz. I really think they need to update the CM's role in the whole attraction....the "this is the perfect job for me" line oozes with cheesiness. I think they could axe the western scene and add a Pixar section, especially now that Disney owns Pixar. I definately agree that a Star Wars section would go over great...

radiohost

Magic Kingdom>>>>>Castle

+

Epcot>>>>>>>Spaceship Earth

+

Animal Kingdom>>>>>>>Tree of Life

+

Studios>>>>>>Chinse Theater

=

=WONT HAPPEN

Sledge

Account Suspended
There's been tons of rumors about TGMR. I've heard everything from the Muppet's are going to take it over to Disney has to remove all the movies because their deal with MGM is going to expire soon. None of them are true. I think we'll eventually see the ride scenes updated but I think the same concept will stay for quite awhile. I agree with whoever said that the finale is kind of disapointing. They have that big "theatre" room to do something cool with but instead they show us film clips. I like the film clips but think something else needs to be added as the grand finale to go along with it.

bigben1992

i really think they need 2 update the scene's with more recent films like star wars or mabey alien verse peredator (mabey 2 scary!!!) andget rid of tarzan please i will do anything if they change it like i said star wars.

Sledge

Account Suspended
radiohost said:
Studios>>>>>>Chinse Theater
We're supposed to believe that the Hat is the icon of the park. I think the Earful Tower was more of an icon for MGM than The Chinese Theater ever was.

Sledge

Account Suspended
bigben1992 said:
no it was isn't it was tight
How many awards was it nominated for? :p

"… it doesn't pay to double your trouble."
"… the flick just gets more and more dumb as the body count adds up."
"It's funny nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless."
"… the boo factor is definitely missing."
"… the darkest, if not worst, sci-fi movie since Battlefield Earth."
"… a deadly dull grudge match …"
"… disposable entertainment of the worst kind …"
"Some of the actors are just plain terrible; others do the best they can with the lame material."
"Their confrontations play out in the exaggerated manner of professional wrestling …"

With reviews like that I highly doubt Alien vs. Predator will be added to TGMR. If they do add it I'll cut off my left... arm.

Sledge

Account Suspended
They should make The Worst Movie Ride and have all the crappy movies. Glitter, Battlefield Earth, Gigli, ALIEN VS. PREDATOR, etc. That would be an awesome ride. It'd be hilarious.

imagineer boy

Sledge said:
They should make The Worst Movie Ride and have all the crappy movies. Glitter, Battlefield Earth, Gigli, ALIEN VS. PREDATOR, etc. That would be an awesome ride. It'd be hilarious.

They kinda already have the Sci-Fi dine in theater for that perpose. But still, that'd be cool. Don't forget about possibly Plan 9 from Outer Space, Pod People, Prince of Space, Manos: The Hands of Fate, or Monster a go-go.:lol: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom