MGM Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!!!!!

Rogue71371

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

I am back from 9 glorious days in WDW. And the story of my trip is that when at MGM I went to the Who wants to be a Millionaire Play It, I got into the Hot Seat and got all the way to the Million Point Question! Which I am sorry to say I missed. :cry: The crowd was AWESOME! Cheering, and a few of them even waited for me after the show to tell me I did great. Gotta Love Disney travelers! It was kind of weird thought afterward walking around MGM and hearing people say, "Hey, There is Tom from that game."

I was Sooooooo close to winning a 4 day Disney Cruise w/ airfare!!! But I did at least receive 10 pins, a Lanyard, a Hat, and a Polo Shirt.

The million point Question was....

What is the number you dial in Brazil for Emergency Services?

I guessed 111........But the correct answer was 190.

goofyfan13

Rogue71371 said:
Hey Everyone,

I am back from 9 glorious days in WDW. And the story of my trip is that when at MGM I went to the Who wants to be a Millionaire Play It, I got into the Hot Seat and got all the way to the Million Point Question! Which I am sorry to say I missed. :cry: The crowd was AWESOME! Cheering, and a few of them even waited for me after the show to tell me I did great. Gotta Love Disney travelers! It was kind of weird thought afterward walking around MGM and hearing people say, "Hey, There is Tom from that game."

I was Sooooooo close to winning a 4 day Disney Cruise w/ airfare!!! But I did at least receive 10 pins, a Lanyard, a Hat, and a Polo Shirt.

The million point Question was....

What is the number you dial in Brazil for Emergency Services?

I guessed 111........But the correct answer was 190.

:eek: Holy crap! Talk about buzz kill. Look at the bright side though, at least you got in the hot seat, I've been trying since it opened and no luck. Every time they go to select a new person, I'm always in second place. :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel your pain. I made it into the hot seat during Star Wars weekends this year and missed the 500,000 point question. The sad thing was it really was one of the easiest questions they asked me. Oh well there is always next year...I hope.

Rogue71371

Original Poster
Hey Master Yoda,

I am a fellow Star Wars Fan. Have been to park recently? When I was there last week I purchased a Jedi Mickey Sketch from the shop on Sunset Blvd! They have Mickey in 2 different Jedi poses while in Jedi Garb, and I think one of him on The Darth Vader outfit.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Rogue71371 said:
Hey Master Yoda,

I am a fellow Star Wars Fan. Have been to park recently? When I was there last week I purchased a Jedi Mickey Sketch from the shop on Sunset Blvd! They have Mickey in 2 different Jedi poses while in Jedi Garb, and I think one of him on The Darth Vader outfit.
I was there over Halloween weekend. I'll have to take a look for that Sketch. How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Rogue71371

Original Poster
Thats when I got it.

The total was $70. That includes a really nice frame. For just the print it is $35.

Tom

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Rogue71371 said:
Thats when I got it.

The total was $70. That includes a really nice frame. For just the print it is $35.

Tom

Can you take a picture of it? I'd love to see it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Rogue71371 said:
Thats when I got it.

Tom
I'll have to pick one of those up when I am back there in 2 weeks. Kids don't REALLY need college do they?:lol:

nicholas

Rogue71371 said:
It was kind of weird thought afterward walking around MGM and hearing people say, "Hey, There is Tom from that game."

That's the best part. The day after I was in the hot seat, I was in the Pooh queue at the MK and people came up to me and said "You were so good at Millionaire yesterday!!"

I felt like a celeb :)

Rogue71371

Original Poster
LongballMG said:
Just wondering why did you guess?

what would you have won if you had not guessed and walked away with 500,000.

That crossed my mind. If would have not guessed I would have gotten a few more pins (Probably worth a few $$$ on ebay) and a Late Night Leather Jacket.

I thought about it, and If someone said I could have a leather jacket or a 25% chance of winning a Disney Cruise w/ airfare, I would always go for the cruise. Just me though. :)

Thrawn.... I will take a pic of it tonite and post it on webshots. I'll let you know when it is up.

On a seperate note. I think it is funny how many Star Wars fans are on these boards. On that note when my 5 year old saw Star Traders he just about exploded, my wife just shook her head, and said "Great! Another Star Wars Freak!"

bluefaery

congrats for getting that far. I have always wanted to get in the hot seat. Did u try ur lifelines or were they all out?

coasterphil

My little sister ended up in the Hot Seat and brought me up to help, and my dad sent my down with instructions that I was not allowed to use a lifeline until 64,000 and I had to keep on guessing no matter what. You don't get that many oppurtunities to win a cruise.

We ended up going down at 32,000, with 3 lifelines left, on a pretty easy question. I was really upset with myself.

Rogue71371

Original Poster
All my life lines were used on 2 other questions. The one question was about the play or movie "Our Town" asking what the name of the town was. I didn't know so I used phone a complete stranger. When the CM answered the phone and handed it to a guest it was an older gentleman named Kevin (thanks kevin :wave: ) and he was pretty sure of the answer so that got me through.

Some of the other "harder" questions just happened to be ones that I knew.

ie

In Monty Phythons Holy Grail what did the French knights say your mother was? I almost started cracking up when I said Hampster, Final Answer. I really wanted to say "Hampster, and my father smelt of Elderberries"

Another was an Einstien quote on love and gravity.

All I know is that I will NEVER forget the Emergency Number if I am ever in Brazil!!! :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
nicholas said:
That's the best part. The day after I was in the hot seat, I was in the Pooh queue at the MK and people came up to me and said "You were so good at Millionaire yesterday!!"

I felt like a celeb :)
Same thing happened to me. We went to lunch at WCC directly after and this young man saw me and yelled "Look dad it is the millionaire guy!"

Skippy

As long as we're telling stories...

I made it to the hot seat when i was 12.. i believe that time it was because the guy in front of me got the first question wrong, and i have quick reflexes :) . That time turned out well, i'm proud of it, ending on 32,000. The next time...*ahem* however was a little different. I wasn't exactly...on the same page with the host, who was trying to give me answers via hints. I mean... really sad obvious ones. "Did i mention i am from canada EH!" and i just completely missed the hints :eek: . Lost early on that one, and if anyone ever asks about it, i only say i've been on it once... :lol: . I love it how if you're in the hot seat you learn to leech answers off the audience. Say... if you don't know one for sure, you can listen to when they start clicking rapidly.

By the way, the one i missed the first time was "What city does the sixth sense take place in". Like i said i was 11 or 12 and my parents were a bit strict on movie ratings... so no chance. oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom