MGM Water Tower

WDWFigment

Probably just paint the new name on it.

I would think this is probably what will happen.

Or just paint/rust it over to match Radiator Springs' theme. :shrug:

...Unless that area becomes Radiator Springs, then rusting it over would be a great idea, as long as it wouldn't be too large to properly fit the scale of Radiator Springs. Then maybe they'll move it? I can't see them getting rid of it completely.

And the Hat isn't going anywhere; it's been stated several times that the Chinese Theater can't be too prominent/an icon because of legal rights' issues. Before you say, 'well, make the Earful tower the icon again', that isn't a viable solution, because they can't make Earful the icon without removing the hat, and if the hat is removed, the Chinese Theater becomes too prominent.

Swoosh

Well retheme the Chinese theatre facade to the El Capitan Theater and we're good to go, as Disney owns the El Capitan Theater. Problem solved! Get rid of the hat!!! :D

ToTBellHop

Well retheme the Chinese theatre facade to the El Capitan Theater and we're good to go, as Disney owns the El Capitan Theater. Problem solved! Get rid of the hat!!! :D
or, god forbid, retheme it to a completely original creation as a park icon like every other park Disney owns. Then we are REALLY good.

CThaddeus

I heard they were going to take the Earful Tower and put it next to Spaceship Earth. Of course, they'll paint "Epcot" on it in big, bright, and shiny letters (with $100 sequins), too, because people are already beginning to forget where they're at.

MickeyJman06

Artist rendering below:
pixar_water_tower.jpg
:lol: :ROFLOL: :lookaroun

col

ive been thinkin of this for a while (but didnt see the thread lol).

i hope they dont get ride of the earful tower coz i like seein it when im goin past it on the bus -to me that is MGM's centre piece, its been there since ive been going to disneyworld and its always lovely to see.

i hope they just paint the new name on it.

shoppingnut

I love the earful tower, to me that is part of the studios and the replica of the one in CA. I do with they would have another santa hat made for the tower for xmas. I loved coming at xmas and see the santa hat on it.

Tom Morrow

I can't believe some of you are even questioning if they'll change it?

It's not the park's main icon, but it is a world famous landmark. They are just going to paint the new name/logo on it. If they do anything different, I'll be shocked.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I can't believe some of you are even questioning if they'll change it?

It's not the park's main icon, but it is a world famous landmark. They are just going to paint the new name/logo on it. If they do anything different, I'll be shocked.
They might repaint the ears YOMD blue...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom