MGM Studios 1995 to 2001 Guide

DisneyManOne

I like your idea except for the part of making its home in the same place as Tron.

Where else could we put Wreck-It Ralph? Maybe one of the old Innoventions quadrants could be used for an attraction. Plus, back when DisneyQuest was still a thing, I had an idea about changing most of it to experiences based on Disney's video-game-based properties: Tron and Wreck-It Ralph (with the fifth floor being the Florida home of the Blue Sky Cellar).

Suchomimus

Where else could we put Wreck-It Ralph? Maybe one of the old Innoventions quadrants could be used for an attraction. Plus, back when DisneyQuest was still a thing, I had an idea about changing most of it to experiences based on Disney's video-game-based properties: Tron and Wreck-It Ralph (with the fifth floor being the Florida home of the Blue Sky Cellar).
Shanghai Disneyland, Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney Studios, a fifth gate for WDW and a second gate for the Asian parks.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Shanghai Disneyland, Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney Studios, a fifth gate for WDW and a second gate for the Asian parks.
Which brings it full circle...

I would've loved to see Hollywood studios get rethemed/focused to a collection of Studios stretching beyond just movies.

A TV studio around the commissary with reworked entrances to the sounds dangerous and Frozen sing along theaters to enter along commissary lane with ABC or Disney Channel attractions.

A Music Studio around Rock n Rollercoaster with maybe a flat ride or exhibit or something added.

And most excitingly... A video game studio featuring Wreck it Ralph, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic.

This would allow video games to smoothly be integrated into the park as well as refocus the park into being about the behind the scenes of storytelling in it's many forms. Instead of it current focus of... *Noncommittal shrug*

DisneyManOne

I would've loved to see Hollywood studios get rethemed/focused to a collection of Studios stretching beyond just movies.

A TV studio around the commissary with reworked entrances to the sounds dangerous and Frozen sing along theaters to enter along commissary lane with ABC or Disney Channel attractions.

A Music Studio around Rock n Rollercoaster with maybe a flat ride or exhibit or something added.

And most excitingly... A video game studio featuring Wreck it Ralph, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic.

This would allow video games to smoothly be integrated into the park as well as refocus the park into being about the behind the scenes of storytelling in it's many forms. Instead of it current focus of... *Noncommittal shrug*

The way I see it, Disney's Hollywood Studios (or as I'd call it, Disney's Hollywoodland), should represent two different worlds: the Golden Ages of Hollywood and some of the more famous movie worlds. I've discussed this before, but it bears repeating here. In my plans for DHS, I'd divide the park into two halves: "A Tribute to Hollywood" and "Where Movies Come to Life".

"A Tribute to Hollywood" would be the front half of the park, highlighting the Golden Ages of Hollywood. Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards would see little changes (Hollywood represents the 30s; Sunset represents the 40s), and I'd expand Echo Lake into a full land honoring the Hollywood of the 50s.

"Where Movies Come to Life" would represent worlds seen only on the celluloids: Star Wars, Toy Story, and a third land bordering Animation Courtyard and Sunset Boulevard. In my plans, this third land would be Toontown, accessed through a tunnel, just like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?. This tunnel would be accessed through the intersection between the two halves of the Sunset Ranch Market, which in my plans, would have its respective food stands gather under one roof in one big restaurant on the left half (the right half turning into a garden park). In fact, lining the path to the tunnel would be various landmarks from Roger Rabbit: the Ink and Paint Club, Cloverleaf Industries, Valiant & Valiant, etc.

In addition, I'd have "transitional" lands in-between these two halves, easing guests in from one half to the other. These transitional lands would be Muppet Studios and Animation Courtyard. Both focus on a certain aspect of Disney IP, as well as have some bearing of something you might find in Hollywood during its Golden Ages.

Of course, some attractions found in the Tribute to Hollywood half would feature IPs. The Incredibles would prominently feature in Echo Lake, highlighting how the 50s brought the comic book superhero to a higher level in the popular zeitgeist. Of course, Mickey and the gang would occasionally drop by here, too, seeing as how it was during the 50s when The Mickey Mouse Club first graced TV screens nationwide. Plus, the Rocketeer would set up shop in Sunset Boulevard, with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster turning into a new attraction featuring the cult classic character. Heck, the Sunset Showcase nearby could even turn into the South Seas Club! Not to mention an epic dark ride based on Fantasia, as well as a re-birthed take on Snow White's Scary Adventures inside the Carthay Circle Theatre; as well as the complex that houses Walt Disney Presents, Little Mermaid and the two small gift shops turning into one big theater, playing host to a variety of shows based on Disney classics!

EDIT: Although, then again, if cloning Toontown doesn't sound good, I could always take a page from the most recent season of Sorcerer's Apprentice and just turn Toontown into Maroon Studios. BTW, that idea was excellent!!

KanakoS

We could revive Sounds Dangerous as I found it a cool concept. Sonic = all of my yes.
How about Touhou? It should be in the video game studio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom