MGM ride showdown : Beauty & The Beast vs Little Mermaid

Pioneer Hall

I think for actual performance, Beauty and the Beast is better. I think I prefer the effects and the indoor theater that Voyage of the Little Mermaid offers.

Tom

Beta Return
Little Mermaid is one of my absolute favorite attractions at WDW - and possibly my single most favorite at MGM. It is indeed my favorite theater production. The special effects are great - the puppetry is awesome - and the music is classic, from the excellent soundtrack of the movie.

mkepcotmgmak

they are both old and outdated, and need to be replaced or updated! i go for mermaid hands down. nothing wrong with puppets, blacklights and air conditioning!!!

NTI2002

The little mermaid is sooo much better. it's a perfect combination of live performance, puppetry, and special effects.

I'm actually not a fan of the beauty and the beast show. I don't like watching the disney character costumes prance around on stagewhile a recording of the voices is played and the mouths stay shut. it's just cheesy. and they can't update it and allow us to see the actor's faces because that would be stepping on the broadway show's toes a bit.

I actualy liked the hunchback show alot more than beauty and the beast. when you put a big smiling character mask over an actor's head you lose all the emotion...well, every emotion except happiness I guess...

Halfling418

Beauty and the Beast. I admit that the masked characters are somewhat strange, but I'm hardly paying attention to them. I like the theatrical feel to it, and being a dancer, I love dancing! The face characters have more of the movie's feel to them, and while I love The Little Mermaid, the show doesn't make me feel the movie as much, although it's a LOT of fun, and very cute.

But Beauty and the Beast has been one of my all-time favorite WDW shows. And oh man, Gaston was SO HOT all the times I've seen it.

Domboy

I love the Little Mermaid as does my sister. But I do enjoy Beauty and the Beast also - and the fact that they are costumed characters doesnt bother me. The music from both is just fantastic.

But for those that prefer to see a more "broadway" style show - Disney are deffo moving in that way with both the Snow White show and the Aladdin show in LA. They were superb and Im suprised Disney hasnt brought either of them over the WDW! Does anyone know if they are planning on doing it? I had read on here bits that they were?

SpongeScott

edwardtc said:
Little Mermaid is one of my absolute favorite attractions at WDW - and possibly my single most favorite at MGM. It is indeed my favorite theater production. The special effects are great - the puppetry is awesome - and the music is classic, from the excellent soundtrack of the movie.
My sentiments exactly. Not a trip to MGM goes by without me going. BatB is good, but doesn't compare to Mermaid for me.

Number_6

I have to go with Voyage of the Little Mermaid on this one. I've even gone to one of the last shows of the night because of the crowds going over for Fantasmic so I could get better seats than I usually do. Then again, I also started collecting Little Mermaid stuff a little over a year ago also. A friend of mine is the Belle addict. :lol:

WTBAD

Boths showes are great. It's hard to compare the two different type of proformances. I think WDW needs more live attractions/showes not fewer.

BRER STITCH

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Which of these two simlilar attractions at MGM do you like more? :wave:

Good question! You got me thinking early on a Saturday morning...and it HURTS! :lol:

My first thought is that I never would have described them as "similar attractions".

For example...I'd say VOLM and "Its Tough to Be a Bug" are more like "similar attractions". They are both indoors, special stage lighting is used, and each uses film and special effects to tell their story, etc.

I always just thought of BatB as a theatrical stage show...more a "similar attraction" to Tarzan Rocks, or Festival of the Lion King.

When pressed for an answer to the original question, I guess I'd have to say VOLM - mainly because it is indoors and the lighting and special effects work so much better.

PLUS: They have a BLOWFISH!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Lauriebar

Here's another vote for VotLM. While I like the Beauty and the Beast show it is to me just a show. The experience of VotLM is much more immersive and entertaining.

WigglyWiggins

the pre show for Beauty and the beast! are they still there?? the barbershop guys..?

But then again Voyage of the Little mermaid is pretty special...and ahhhhhh air conditioning.......ooo bubbles!

DisneyMarg

Beauty and the Beast hands down for me. Best musical score ever written.

And yes, Four for a Dollar still performs and is a must-see for me as well.

I LOVE Beauty and the Beast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom