MGM/Narnia Walk-Thru?

MichelleBelle

Original Poster
Saw this on Screamscape (probably just a rumor, but I figured I'd post it anyway - don't think it's been posted yet):

"(MGM)Park News - (6/22/05) Screamscape has learned that Disney is planning on using all three sound stages (or whatever isn’t being used) to put on a big walkthrough attraction about the filming of the Chronicles of Narnia films. This will likely open for the holiday season in time for the opening of the film."

This could happen. I will assume it would be something similar to the Haunted Mansion exibit last year. Neat but nothing to get real excited about. I hope the movie does really well because this could do a great attraction in AK. I don't maybe as a part of beastly kingdom :slurp:

Disneygrl36

I am really excited about this movie coming out. I have always loved the books & have read them all too many times to count. An attraction that would submerse you in the world of Narnia would be cool. :cool:

Captain Chaos

I agree this is probably a walkthrough of the movie sets. If the movie does well, and Disney does decide to do an attraction for AK, do you think a single attraction is best or an entire themed Narnia land? I am not too familiar with the Narnia stories.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
I agree this is probably a walkthrough of the movie sets. If the movie does well, and Disney does decide to do an attraction for AK, do you think a single attraction is best or an entire themed Narnia land? I am not too familiar with the Narnia stories.

I think the days of Disney trying to do large scale attractions based on live action movies is gone. Recent attempts - Mission to Mars (for Mission Space) and Rain of Fire (for what became Everest), are recent examples of almost, but not quite.

I personally would much rather see unique attractions, with their own story, rather than those based on "synergy". With the exception of real classics of course (Star Wars, Indy etc).

lebeau

wdwmagic said:
I think the days of Disney trying to do large scale attractions based on live action movies is gone. Recent attempts - Mission to Mars (for Mission Space) and Rain of Fire (for what became Everest), are recent examples of almost, but not quite.

I personally would much rather see unique attractions, with their own story, rather than those based on "synergy". With the exception of real classics of course (Star Wars, Indy etc).

IF Narnia works (which Disney is betting on heavily) it should qualify as a real classic along the lines of the Lord of the Rings films. If they pull it off (admittedly a big if) these movies should be timeless and not at all in the same category as forgettable dreck like MtM and RoF.

bgraham34

I would like to see it work. I am not too excite about the movie. I will have to wait on reviews for it. I was so excited for LOTR but was skeptical until the reviews poored in.

djmatthews

I really hope that the Chronicles of Nania do well. As a child I grew up watching the series on Sundays. I am eagerly awaiting the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I’m guessing that a Nania walk through would be similar to the 101 Dalmatians that used to be at the studios.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Having read the books myself many times , I already consider the CS Lewis series a classic.

This is exciting news.

As for ride possibilities, I'd like to see a single well-done dark ride with animatronics in the classic Disney style !!

Thread drift: It could even be one of the three new "E-Ticket" rides going in the old lagoon!! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom