MGM had fireworks?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I completely agree! and yes, Pleasure Island had a New Year's Eve celebration every single night with a countdown to midnight and all. It was for all ages! I am happy to have been able to experience that when I was younger. I miss those days!!!!
Man I can remember that..the band playing...confetti the whole works. When Disney is doing things right no one can even come close.
eehhhh....Seems like they've given up on even trying.... it's freakin' frustrating.

DizFiz

Wow! that looked amazing to bad I never got the chance to see them... I'm totally in love with the inflatable Sorcerer Mickey.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was listening to Sorcerer Radio on the way to work today and a song they were playing said it was the hollywood studios fireworks. The only fireworks I'm familiar with is the ones included in Fantasmic and what they were playing certainly wasn't from Fantasmic. Did the park have fireworks back in the day or something?

Sorry you missed Sorcerer's fireworks. They were the best and you didn't have to jump through hoops to see like Fantasmic and soon Illuminations at the rate Epcot is taking away viewing spots.

My DS (also '87 and likely a CP back when you were,) remembers them, his first trip was in '88 and at least every year after that. Actually he was a guest of an honored CM at DHS last year when they shut it down for anniversary CM's night, they had the fireworks just for them. He said it was pretty cool. Good memories.

The Empress Lilly

They also had the Rocketeer. Enough said.

The very end of this video:

That's just cool.

Shookie's right. When they get it right there's real magic going on. What I wouldn't give to stand there! But they're not even trying anymore. Show this thread to a TDO suit, and all they'll see is a naive Disney that didn't monetise those viewing spots on the hub.

MarkTwain

It's strange to think about how Disney went from having spectacular fireworks shows at ALL of its theme parks and at Pleasure Island in the early 1990s, to only two of its theme parks today. I wonder if there's any way that DHS land use can be reconfigured to allow fireworks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom