MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I haven't decided whether I'll be using a Ghost Hostess or not, haha, although the idea definitely intrigues me. There are several actresses who would be a good fit, and Lana is definitely one of them. I would also consider Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, or pretty much anyone who has been on American Horror Story.

Today, I will be finishing off my personal favorite land, Adventureland. As always, tell me your thoughts! Adventureland alone has truly been one of my favorite personal projects. I can assure you, Frontierland will be just as big, if not bigger than Adventureland. So much to cover with so much space!

====================

Disneyland Australia, Part VI

"No fear have ye of evil curses sez you...HARRrrr-HU-HUmm. Properly warned ye be, sez I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders o' this bewitched treasure... Dead men tell no tales..."

From the perils of the jungle to this far away port-of-call, the Uncharted Lagoon is the setting for some of the world's most daring adventurers and mysterious treasures.

"Shipshape this anchorage for pleasure-seekin' rogues...Aye! After months at sea, facin' the perils o' their adventurous trade...they was inclined to traffic their ill-gotten wealth for the pleasure of a lovely lassie's voice and... Dead men tell no tales..."

With the Arabian Marketplace behind us, Sindbad's Storybook Voyage proves to be a fitting transition into this Spanish-Caribbean harbor seemingly forgotten by time. What few structures remain appear scarred and worn by a fierce sea battle, hinting at a past life of trade and wealth. The remains of many an unfortunate vessel lie among the rocks and shores, while treasure chests still filled with goodies emerge from the tropical earth, unclaimed and unattended.

latest

"Pretty baubles, think ye, and a king's ransom in gold. Aye, blood money, and cursed it be...cursed by the black-hearted rogues what left it. Who knows what evil spell lurks 'neath each cursed chest?"

Tesoros Misteriosos (Mysterious Treasures) is a pirate-themed superstore built within the hull of a Spanish galleon washed far ashore. Dripping ceilings and ill-gotten goods adorn the walls, a compliment to the hook hands, eye patches, telescopes, stuffed parrots, and pirate hats up for sale. Pieces of Eight is a quick service Spanish-inspired restaurant themed to a shady pirate tavern, similar but not entirely the same as the Angry Rhino Tavern just down the road. The tavern, resembling an old seaside inn of sorts reminds us of an age of seabound exploration and travel, when uncharted bodies of water meant mythical creatures were waiting for unsuspecting prey to travel into their midst... Inside the tavern, one can hear and see the shadows of pirates plotting mutinies and treasure raids behind closed doors.

The formerly-majestic China Voyager (a Chinese galleon) rests partially submerged in the lagoon, allowing just enough space for a quick service restaurant in the small dockside boathouse next door to sell Chinese-inspired meals. As it turns out, the dockside eatery was the former residence of long-since deceased pirate Sao Feng, Pirate Lord of the South China Sea, his portrait proudly on display above the entrance.

The China Voyager itself begins a series of shipwrecks seen littered throughout the waters of the lagoon. Back on the main shore we find the "rough and rowdy" Parlay Arcade, a one-of-a-kind arcade filled with vintage pirate-themed machines and games unique to DLA. A pirate-themed shooting gallery and Old Red are two of the arcade's most popular residents, Old Red continuing the ongoing feature of Adventureland shops hosting fortune teller-type figures (Aladdin's Other Lamp, King Ed).

39b589_e7638fdef2144ff9b3642091582b5bea.jpg

"Aye, tales there be a plenty in this cursed place..."

The Black Pearl sits proudly on the dark surface of the lagoon, one of two still-in-tact ships (the other being the Arabic vessel docked near the Marketplace) floating among this literal graveyard of lost ships. An appropriate bridge connects the mainland to the infamous vessel, allowing us to explore the inner and outer sanctums of Jack Sparrow's beloved ship. Interactive elements are naturally in great supply, including but not limited to an animatronic Jack the Monkey and a rum cellar that has been recently emptied...sigh...why is the rum always gone?

adventure-isle.jpg

A bridge on the other side of the Pearl connects to Adventure Isle (three additional bridges connect to the island from the Arabian Marketplace, China Voyager, and far north of the sub-area), a large island in the center of the lagoon beckoning for us to explore its mysteries. On Adventure Isle, we are given the opportunity to explore the island's innermost grottoes and treasure troves, straight from the reels of a swashbuckling pirate film. Unlike its counterpart in Paris, DLA's Adventure Isle does not feature a recreation of Skull Rock, the Swiss Family Treehouse, or the Jolly Roger, but instead features the aforementioned Black Pearl and a massive rock formation made to resemble the face of a certain octopus-man...

latest

Similar to Tom Sawyer's Island, Adventure Isle is abundant in hidden mysteries and "mini-attractions," including Smuggler's Cove, a water-logged shipping harbor infested with skeletons still attached to their earthly treasures; Turner Bridge, a rickety suspension bridge hung high above a visibly shark-infested canal; Davy Jones' Locker, a network of dark caves filled with the ethereal moans of lost souls (and the beating heart of Davy Jones himself); Ben Gunn's Treasure Cave, a large grotto littered with interactive gold and jewels; Crocodile Creek, the supposed final resting place of the crocodile that once terrorized Captain Hook (Tick-Tock eventually DOES surface from below the waters); Siren Rock, the unsettling residence of several mermaids (seen shooting below the surface and constantly heard crooning "My Jolly Sailor Bold"); Serpent's Grotto, the home of a silly sea serpent with an operatic singing voice. Said serpent, named "S. J. Thaddeus Vespucci" is Italian by birth, and will graciously sing any operatic tune for anyone who wishes to listen, his performances often accompanied by jumping rainbowfish and multi-colored fountains; last but not least, we have the Captain Jack Sparrow Epic Stunt Spectacular where Captain Jack Sparrow himself performs an epic stunt spectacular in a seaside amphitheater along the western shore, joined by hordes of undead pirates, feisty ex-lovers, and the unwelcome arrival of Davy Jones.

upload_2016-3-31_12-32-40.jpeg

Also found on Adventure Isle is DLA's Swiss Family Treehouse stand-in: Hangman's Tree, the heavily-detailed residence of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys. Much like Paradise Falls and Carl's House in the Forgotten Kingdom, Hangman's Tree allows explorations of the "Pan homestead," as well as a thematic next door neighbor for a first in any Adventureland: Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland.

For the first time ever, the Fantasyland staple makes its home in a land far from the majestic spires of the park's castle. Now, we find Peter, Wendy, Michael, John, Hook and Smee within the wrecked hull of the Jolly Roger. Unlike other versions of the C-Ticket, this take on the classic dark ride is fully immersive with legitimate set pieces and animatronics, as well as several key new scenes, including an expanded flight sequence and finale, not to mention a post-finale featuring Mr. and Mrs. Darling. Near the exit of the attraction, Peter Pan, Wendy, Hook, and Smee make meet-n-greet appearances, often wandering around Adventure Isle and causing general mischief.

latest

Smee's Mess Hall, a seafood-specializing snack stand sits near the exit of Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland, as well as Honest Marooned Pete's, the sole gift shop of Adventure Isle. Honest Marooned Pete's,
a "half-off," bargain bin of pirate-themed toys and refreshments sits in the hull of an overturned rowboat. Honest Marooned Pete himself never makes an appearance in the flesh, but his hand-drawn image appears on many of the crude posters advertising his "honest deals."

150751d1363029639-my-most-detailed-prop-build-2013-wip-honest-marooned-pete.jpg

pirates_of_the_caribbean_b3.jpg

Back on the mainland, we find the remnants of a mighty Spanish fortress, appropriately called "La Fortaleza." Brutally scarred and almost completely destroyed by a sea battle years ago, the old fortress stands as a testament to the Golden Age of Piracy. The flag of the Jolly Roger proudly waves from the highest turret, symbolizing that pirates have indeed taken over this former house of justice. This fortress complex plays home to several attractions, but most notably, the old fortaleza lies nestled against the major "weenie" of the Uncharted Lagoon: Dead Man's Peak.

ZZ27AEC885.jpg

Naturally, Dead Man's Peak is a monstrous tropical mountain covered in shipwrecks and topped by ominous rockwork in the shape of a human skull. From within the mouth of the red-eyed rockwork pours a thundering waterfall in which boats filled with screaming passengers careen down, between the cut-in-half hull of a shipwreck, and into the ever-churning shores of the lagoon below. Inside Dead Man's Peak is a venerable Disney classic: Pirates of the Caribbean.

pirates+25.jpg

PR_UPDATE%239.jpg

NewPiratez%235C.jpg

Set sail with the wildest crew to ever sack the Spanish Main! Entering through a cannonball-made hole in La Fortaleza and past a weathered sail bearing the title of the attraction, we meander through a series of jail cells and arsenals past portraits of famous buccaneers throughout history. Boarding a boat at Blackbeard's Landing, we set sail for the not-so-distant harbor of Port Royal where the Black Pearl and its crew have launched a full-scale invasion in search of the town's treasure supply. A chance encounter with the Kraken, mermaids, and a devastating maelstrom make this version of the attraction more adventurous than ever, and a must-see in any DLA visit.

While similar to the 1967 original, the ride is now a combination of elements from both Marc Davis's mind and that of the films as to provide a happy medium for fans of both. As this version of the attraction features a climactic drop a la Splash Mountain, the classic attraction features a finale not-yet-seen in any version of the attraction to date...as for what it is, you'll have to wait and see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BlFxuyqYQ

Back at La Fortaleza, we find the aforementioned entrance to "Pirates," as well as three additional features, starting with Blackbeard's Bounty, a five-star eating establishment nestled along the quaint waters of the opening sequence of Pirates, similar to Disneyland's own Blue Bayou restaurant. Isla del Tesoro (Treasure Island), held within the former office of a Spanish sea captain serves as Adventureland's second pirate superstore, albeit this time the shop deals in items of interest from the shores of Spain and the Caribbean. The final attraction and feature in the La Fortaleza complex is a never-built Disney classic:
Rogue's Gallery.

NewPiratez%232.jpg

This is a rather odd attraction for a Disney park. Rather than utilizing a ride system or movie format, Rogue's Gallery is a wax museum dedicated to some of the most famous rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves of the Golden Age of Piracy, including Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, Henry Morgan, Jean Lafitte, and several others, including those pirates of fiction, such as Long John Silver and Captain James Hook. Each vignette is narrated by an animatronic pirate on "guard duty," or on rare occasion, a talking animal. The Bootstrappers, a band of ragtag musical pirates perform in the cannon-filled courtyard of La Fortaleza, singing wild sea chanteys and drinking songs for the enjoyment of all would-be pirates.

A rugged path just south of La Fortaleza leads down a jungle trail past Polynesian tikis and volcanic rocks hidden among the foliage. The accordion-ridden sea chanteys fade out in favor of crackling big band rhythms and braying jungle creatures. An animatronic Kevin (the bird from Up) welcomes us back to the Forgotten Kingdom, joined by her chicks. We've been dumped out right near the entrance of Paradise Falls and the Wilderness Theater, bringing our tour of Adventureland to a literal full circle.

latest

In a matter of seconds, we've traveled from the jungles of the world to the Middle East to the Caribbean Sea and back. Only at Disneyland, folks... One final location rounds off our tour of Adventureland, Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2jnEk7rj8U

Held in a veranda high above a swamp, Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost offers a wide array of pizza flavors and styles, all themed around Colonel Hathi, the jungle's resident military officiate. Majestic paintings of military life and exploration decorate the interior of the restaurant, luscious orchestrations from the 1967 and 2016 films, The Jungle Book serving as appropriate background music.

Our adventures in Adventureland come to a close as we head towards the rugged desert terrain of
Frontierland...

====================

Adventureland Attractions & Entertainment

1. Adventure Isle
2. Adventureland Swingers **
3. Agrabah Minstrels **
4. The Bootstrappers **
5. Captain Jack Sparrow Epic Stunt Spectacular **
6. Carl's House & Paradise Falls Explorations
7. Curse of the Stone Tiger
8. Disneyland Australia Railroad
9. Genie - Tonight! **
10. Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple of the Four Winds FP
11. Jungle River Cruise
12. Legends of the Jungle **
13. Parlay Arcade
14. Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland FP
15. Pirates of the Caribbean FP
16. Rogue's Gallery
17. Sindbad's Storybook Voyage

Adventureland Shopping & Dining

1. Adventureland Bazaar
2. Adventurer's Club **
3. Ali Baba's Den
4. Bamboo Bites
5. Blackbeard's Bounty
6. China Voyager
7. Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost
8. Crocodile Mercantile
9. Honest Marooned Pete's
10. Isla del Tesoro
11. The Oasis
12. Pharaoh's Keep
13. Pieces of Eight
14. Safari Trading Co.
15. Sallah's Souvenir Stand
16. Scheherazade's Market
17. Smee's Mess Hall
18. Soko la Kimataifa
19. South Seas Traders
20. Tesoros Misteriosos
21. Trader Sam's

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Thank you for the feedback! Just so I don't run out of steam in regards to land overviews, I think I'm going to oblige myself and throw in an attraction overview for fun. Just two, though! ;) I'll be back to land overviews as soon as I've finished this post. Also, quick update: Parts V and VI have updated Adventureland to include two new shops: Scheherazade's Market and Honest Marooned Pete's. For the two covered attractions, I will be covering the requested Indiana Jones Adventure and Curse of the Stone Tiger.

Now, come with me to the year 1933, where we explore the mysteries and marvels of Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple of the Four Winds... As a former Cast Member at the original Indiana Jones Adventure, I promise to try my best in doing justice for the 21-year old E-Ticket. I do miss it a great deal, so this project is near and dear to my heart.

==================

lostexpedition2-590x307.jpg

Our adventure begins in the dense undergrowth of the Forgotten Kingdom, a civilization lost in time and space...a primordial, long-forgotten realm caught in the midst of an unknown jungle. Amid the admittedly ominous skulls on spears and brightly-colored Polynesian masks, we find a truly pulp representation of Hollywood's adventure films, seen most clearly in the form of ancient ruins and artwork scattered among the dense foliage. Tattered-canvas awnings and flickering gas lanterns point the way to the Garden of the Four Brothers, a partially-submerged (as in submerged in the mud) tribute to the Four Brothers, otherwise known as the Four Winds.

"Real rewards await those who choose wisely!"

It is clear from the moment we enter the Garden that it is in fact a clever compass, hieroglyphic-esque markings in the earth pointing in the directions of North, South, East, and West, each direction marked by a vine-entangled statue representing a "Wind." North, Master of the Ice & Snow appears in the form of a large ape; South, Master of Fire & Earth appears in the form of a bipedal-dragon; West, Master of the Rain & Sea appears in the form of a bipedal-crocodile; East, Master of the Sands & Clouds appears in the form of a bipedal-llama. While animals, each Wind wears the garbs of ancient royalty, each holding a prospective gift for those who seek fortune with a pure heart. But, to those who seek fortune with the blackest of hearts, human skulls and bones carved into the base of each statue hint at a grim fate... A nearby sign reads Indiana Jones Adventure - Temple of the Four Winds. Just below it, a beaten path leads through a swamp and to the site of a vast excavation. Items and signage labeled "F.K.E.T." symbolize the arrival of the Forgotten Kingdom Expedition Team. From the trees above peers the awe-inspiring remains of the temple itself...the Temple of the Four Winds.

latest

Despite its distinctly Mayan-appearance, no particular location is given in regards to the Forgotten Kingdom's location, as it is a realm of pure fantasy and imagination. An old phonograph blaring crackling jazz standards of the 20's and 30's sets the scene as we catch glimpses of ancient relics and artifacts displayed among the swampy plant-life. An old power generator attempts to give life to a long string of lanterns leading in and out of the temple, just barely getting by with what little energy it can muster. A large excavation pit sits in the middle of the switchback-ridden camp. A quick look below shows a muddy hole lined with excavation gear and several long-lost treasures being pulled from the mud. An ore car filled with shovels and equipment sits derailed along a track, the track itself leading into the abyss of an unaccessible mine shaft. From within, the sound of digging and whistling rings out, echoing back and forth between the mud-walls.

Several windmill-type contraptions composed of oil drums and metallic blades attempt to harness the power of the Four Winds, although, not much wind goes their way, even if they are placed adjacent to a small hole at the very peak of the temple. A note plastered to a windmill by Sallah reads "Dear F.K.E.T. Employees, PLEASE do NOT touch the windmills! We wish to harness the power of the Four Winds to provide energy for the local villagers. One misplaced finger may lead to iminate doom! All the Best, Sallah."

Distant jungle creatures and the even-more-so distant hum of the Jungle River Cruise create a low din beneath the jazzy background music, all the while maintaining the immersive setting. Strangely enough, a phone booth sits among the dig site, and, unsurprisingly, it still works. If one does not wish to make a collect call, one can simply listen in on humorous conversations between various denizens of the jungle. "Yes, yes...this is Colonel Reginald from the F.K.E.T. Base Camp. I am indeed sorry to report that the Stone Tiger has come to life and eaten...well, I won't say who or what he's eaten, but it's best that you inform visitors to NOT approach the Base Camp at any costs. I repeat. Do not..."
An archaeologist's tent nestled against an unnaturally-large tree has been raided by a group of tiger cubs, much to the presumed horror of the long-gone owner, his pith helmet and tea kettle dropped on the floor.

photo+12.jpg

As we approach the base of the monstrous temple, we find another tribute to the Four Winds, this time a painted-mosaic of sorts inscribed upon a sandstone tablet roped to a wooden platform. This time, the tribute illustrates the reasoning behind the temple's existence. Here, a group of spear and shield-wielding natives face off against each of the Winds, each Wind utilizing their powers as weapons. North spews icy blasts from his hands, South belches a plume of flames, West rides upon the tip of a tidal wave, and East, being the youngest, sits in the corner crying, streams of sand pouring from his eyes. Hieroglyphics at the base of the tablet read (when translated to English): "One who enters the Temple of the Four Winds will unleash an evil power that mustn't be freed. One who enters will face eternal suffering." A bit grim, eh? Inspired, we loop through a quick jungle path at the temple's side, past the railroad tracks, past some ominous stone tablets, and into a small passageway carved into an odd corner of the temple's side.

Inside, we find a subterranean passage of unnatural, if not supernatural proportions. Almost immediately, we are greeted by the gristly skeletal remnants of a former archaeologist, still donning his pith helmet and khaki safari gear. The poor soul hangs from the moss-covered ceiling by a grappling hook's rope, the hook latched onto an inaccessible ledge high above our heads. It appears as if his partner left him behind upon viewing whatever made the massive spider web in a not-so-distant corner of the ceiling. Perhaps his earthly intention was to snatch the large ruby jammed in a pedestal in the center of the chamber. A note left behind by Sallah clearly demands "Friends! Do not touch the cursed ruby! It is a mere test, but it is very bad news indeed." Of course we have to touch it...which results in several bricks in the walls becoming dislodged and the suspended skeleton to briskly lower down a few more feet before rising back up...

An overhead sign warns us to beware of...gulp...spiders...just ahead is a narrow, dark corridor lined with cobwebs, cobwebs upon cobwebs upon cobwebs. Dark nooks and crannies emit ethereal squeaking sounds, hinting at either rats...or really loud spiders, most likely the latter. Suddenly, seemingly hundreds of green insect eyes illuminate in the shadows. The lone pair of lanterns hanging from the ceiling suddenly shine their brightest, quickly but briefly revealing several spiders of varying sizes, some big, some small, some HUGE, before going to dim again and hiding their presence. The following corridor warns us to watch our step, for a single misplaced footstep may lead to a spiky demise.

9526113505_32f5699bca_m.jpg

The s
keletons and skulls of unfortunate explorers can be seen jabbed onto spikes protruding from the ceiling and floor, the unlucky victims of classic booby traps. Bamboo poles attempt to hold the ceiling from completely falling down onto our heads, although a harsh tug at a certain pole makes the spikes begin to lower and tremble rather loudly. Quickly thereafter, the tight passageway leads into a massive chamber at least three-stories in height, a chamber in which seems to encompass the entirety of the temple we saw outside.

4755069876_6c10ff4829.jpg

Our scaffolding-like path leads on an upward spiral towards the ceiling, excavation gear and a broken-down truck looming on the muddy floor below. Mosaic-paintings illustrating the sheer power of each of the Four Winds line the crumbling walls, while a massive statue takes up residence in the chamber's northernmost corner. This statue (another unfortunate skeleton attempts to climb it from the base-up, but seems to have died in the process) is the sole reason why the F.K.E.T. has any interest in the temple: Mother Nature. Yep, Mother Nature is the mother of the Four Winds (who else would mother them?) and man, is she beautiful, or at least her statue is. Resembling a human-faced goddess of ancient lore, she calmly stands atop her altar, surrounded by stone busts of her four sons. Stone-carved natives bow at the base of the altar, mosaic paintings of natives bringing gifts to Mother Nature surrounding her on both sides. An old radio placed upon some nearby scaffolding simultaneously plays jazz standards and provides an interchanging backstory for the temple...

"Dateline: The Forgotten Kingdom, 1933. World famous archaeologist, Indiana Jones has discovered a tattered map leading to the ancient oedipus known as the Temple of the Four Winds. Thought to have been destroyed long ago in a devastating earthquake, the temple proves to be alive and well, still standing as a lasting testament to the goddess Erutrea Mosea, which translates to us simple folk as "Mother Nature." Native legend has it that those who seek her favor will be rewarded with priceless gifts from her and her four sons, more commonly referred to as the Four Winds. But, an argument between the brothers resulted in a devastating war that required the long-lost civilization to seal the brothers deep within the temple. Enraged, Mother Nature punished those who worshipped her by sealing herself within the temple as well, forever cursing them with the terrible curse of...BAD WEATHER. If the legend is true, Mother Nature and the Four Winds still reside within the temple to this day... If it isn't, all that resides in the temple now are a gaggle of rats and spiders... Will Indiana Jones solve this ancient mystery? Or will he be blown away by the Four Winds? Only time will tell... And now, a musical interlude, brought to you by our friends in Los Angeles, California with "Happy Days Are Here Again."

Having reached the top of the chamber, we pour out into a small passageway and into what appears to be a former church of some kind due to the general appearance and shape of the room. Artifacts and scaffolding decorate the sanctuary-like room, barely visible in the inky-darkness of the room. The only source of light comes from the seldom lanterns strung along the walls and the rather bright projector screen plastered to a wall high above our heads. Every minute, a new film is projected from a noisy, old projector on the opposite side. Black and white newsreels explain once more the story of the attraction; Indy, having discovered the long-lost temple has enlisted the help of the F.K.E.T. and Sallah to unearth the mysteries and rumored treasures hidden fathoms below the earth. In order to fund the excavation, Sallah has come up with the brilliant idea to allow jeep tours of the temple's innermost sanctums, a money ploy in which he promises Indy he will never do again...despite the fact he does the exact same thing again when they discover the Temple of the Forbidden Eye two years later... While the newsreels provide solid entertainment, the main film here is a truly classy safety video delivered by none other than Sallah himself.

SALLAH: Welcome, my friends, to the Temple of the Four Winds! (Sallah stands outside the temple, gleefully waving. The slide changes to Sallah holding a sign that reads "SAFETY FIRST!") I, Sallah, shall now give you a few friendly reminders for your ever-so-dangerous journey ahead. (SALLAH sits on the hood of a ride vehicle) It is of grave importance that you always remain seated throughout your journey and in a real chair, which I, Sallah, have installed with my own hands. (A disgruntled Sallah attempts to install a seat into the jeep) You must remember to take the safety belt from the right and insert into the left, like so. (The slideshow format turns into a crackling, low-quality video of a man in a gorilla suit buckling in from right to left, then giving the thumbs up gesture to the camera) Also, be sure to stow all earthly treasures in the pouch that I, Sallah, have placed in front of you. (A photo of Sallah attempting to steal a banana from the gorilla's pouch results in another picture of Sallah being thrown in a chokehold by the gorilla). Your off-road journey is high-speed and turbulent! (We see a video of Sallah and the gorilla riding around inside the attraction, holding onto each other and screaming) So high-speed in fact that you'll be turning sharply, and dropping suddenly. You will never live to experience another adventure like this, I assure you. (A slide of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye quickly shows up before being replaced by an image of Sallah outside THIS temple) Now, my friends, one final word of advice... (A photo of Sallah and the gorilla looking upwards from the front row of the jeep) If you run into the Four Winds... Don't get blown away... (The gorilla is whisked away, much to Sallah's visible sadness)

To be continued... And no, this will not be a clone of the two existing Indy attractions. This will have almost entirely new scenes.

==================

Thoughts so far?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
==================

Passing beneath the massive screen, we meander past a collection of artifacts and relics packaged and ready for delivery to Marshall College, Indy's livelihood. In a dusty corner of the room, Indy's makeshift office rests under the musical stylings of a crackling radio, hundreds of inside-joke-based artifacts littering the chamber, including, but not limited to a model train resembling the circus train of The Last Crusade, Sallah's fez, and several statues, one being that of Quetzaloatl, the patron deity of Tokyo's Indy E-Ticket.

5062355905_041760e28a.jpg

A sharp turn takes us into the Motor Pool, a former sacrificial altar (yes, you read that right) turned into a double-sided station for tourists such as ourselves to board a jeep and explore the wonders of the forbidden temple. As we have been traveling towards the temple's peak for the past hour or so in line, we look down upon the pool from scaffolding high above, slowly lowering back to first-story level via strategically-placed ramps and wooden stairs. Giant roots and vines symbolize that we are deep within the temple's core, additional mosaics and statues warning us of our potential doom. Massive statues resembling each of the Four Winds can be seen on opposing sides of the station, North and South on one side, East and West on the other. Mother Nature's ever-watchful stone face overlooks the chamber from the keystone above the jeep's path. Sallah's ever-friendly voice continuously gives safety spiels from an otherworldly audio source (aka speakers) while last-minute signs warn us about the thrilling E-Ticket we are about to experience.

Once at ground level, we are "grouped" by a friendly archaeologist into one of three rows in a pre-WWII troop transport jeep, weathered and worn from previous adventures. Unlike its American and Japanese sisters, DLA's Indy jeeps feature small automatic doors at the end of every row, preventing valuables and other objects from falling out of the jeeps and onto the track. New to DLA's attraction is the lack of track. That's right, similar to Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland and Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo, Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Four Winds utilizes wifi to control the ride vehicles. Each vehicle continues to utilize the classic Indy method of EMV (Enhanced Motion Vehicle) to allow a bumpy, off-road-type journey that is further immersed by the lack of visible track. So, this Indy is a first; trackless ride vehicles combined with EMV technology. These are also the largest and most complex trackless vehicles to date, making this attraction just as groundbreaking as the original Indy was in 1995.

indiana-jones-ride1.jpg

Upon boarding our vehicle, we buckle ourselves in, place our mortal belongings in the pouch, watch the doors close, and proceed to the next portion of the station, a quick seatbelt and door check before our presumably dangerous temple tour. "Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? Sallah speaking. Am I coming in? Splendid. Before your adventure, we must perform a quick safety procedure. Please pay heed to the F.K.E.T. associate ahead." From the checkpoint, the aforementioned Mother Nature keystone glares at us with glowing-green eyes, an ominous sign of things to come... As our jeep departs from the station and beneath the deity's watchful eyes, Sallah's voice rings out in the inboard speakers: "Friends! Friends...er, uh...the brakes may be needing a little adjustment...heh-heh, easy on the curves! Oh, one more thing. If you run into the Four Winds, do not release them! Their power is unimaginable! Er...uh, uncontrollable! Heh-heh. Good luck! "

We are surrounded by inky-darkness... Water drips from the ceiling, echoing into eternity... Unseen rats screech from the shadows... An ominous din typical of subterranean "wonderlands" hums from all corners of the temple. Suddenly, a dim light appears at the end of the tunnel, seeming to glow with the power of the heavens as we draw closer and closer. One with keen eyes can make out the imagery of vast jewels and gold, the prize for those with a pure heart who enter the temple. An ethereal voice calls out to us... "Free me... Free me..." Rather than continuing towards the light, we make a sharp turn to the right, heading towards a large door marked with hieroglyphics and the carved faces of the Four Winds... As if by magic, the doors open... Evidently, someone in our jeep doesn't have an entirely pure heart...

We find ourselves headed upwards towards a glistening, swirling vortex of some supernatural power, the vortex itself purple in color and dotted with twinkling stars and nebulas. Massive statues of the Winds stand guard on either side of the chamber, North and East to the left, South and West to the right. Mosaics warn us once more of their unnatural powers, but by this point, it is too late. "Free me... Free US..." Lightning bolts suddenly strike from the ceiling to the floor, illuminating the room whilst casting it into an eerie, unnatural darkness. The swirling vortex expands in size, while the statues begin to "melt" from their stone containments, revealing full-colored representations of their respective Wind who make eye contact with our jeeps and begin to shift their arms. As we near the top of the hill, the vortex quickly seals shut and disappears from sight, leaving behind a massive lightning bolt. We have unknowingly broken the seal that has kept the Four Winds imprisoned for the past few centuries... "You have freed us... Now, face your eternal punishment," the whisper-like voice of the brothers rings in perfect unison...

Dramatic themes play as an underscore to our impending demise. Our jeep is tossed around rapidly as we meander through a stone corridor filled with falling rocks, collapsing columns, and additional lightning bolts coursing through the walls and striking the floor from the ceiling. Up ahead, a familiar friend calls out to us...it's Dr. Jones, but it looks like he's in just as much trouble as we are. The fedora and leather-clad archaeologist has been caught in the midst of a vicious tornado where the elements of the Four Winds are in full-swing. Skeletal spirits and snake-like apparitions also float among the tornado's vortex, taunting both our jeep and Indy as he floats in midair. "Great! You unleashed the Four Winds, didn't you? Don't worry, evil deities are my specialty. Veer left! That should be your best way out! Now, don't get into anymore trouble, okay?" But...we do...

Whereas other Indy attractions would leave us at a dramatic overlook of the entire attraction, we enter a blue-shaded chamber where North resides. Our jeep stops. The walls begin to freeze over, while icicles grow from the rim of the ceiling and snow gently falls from above. North, a massive humanoid snow leopard appears behind a wall of ice. "Foolish mortals, face me!" North unleashes a bloodcurdling battle cry, shattering the ice in which he stands behind before disappearing. The room begins to shake, the shadows of falling icicles and rocks projected upon the walls. Our jeep takes off, slipping about on the icy road below before just barely pulling into a narrow corridor where giant icicles hang from the ceiling. North cries out in the distance. "Come back!" The ceiling begins to lower, the sharp-edged icicles growing closer and closer to our heads. But before we abandon all hope, our jeep quickly bolts out of the corridor and down an icy slope, the first of many drops. North, in full animatronic form appears at the bottom of the hill, blue energy orbs forming in his claws. Our jeep comes to a grinding halt. North's eyes glow an eerie white. "Face the power of the North Wind..." Just before North throws us into an icy grave, the "ice" on the floor begins to crackle and "breaks," sending us downward (another drop) into a mass tomb of former intruders. Our jeep slowly meanders through the eerie, root and coffin-adorned grotto filled with skeletal mummies...hundreds of them... Indy pops out from behind a quartet of grinning corpses, one of them wearing tattered Mickey Mouse ears.

"Tourists! I thought I told you to get out of here! Well, watch your step. You wouldn't want to interrupt their beauty sleep." Our jeep goes over a suspicious "bump." "I said watch your step!" A coffin to our right slowly opens, revealing its red-eyed occupant to be very much alive, er...undead. A mummy on the opposite side with equally red-eyes pulls itself from beneath the surface, hissing angrily. "Go! Go! Go!" The jeep boosts in speed, careening through narrow crevices and corners while mummies awaken from their not-so-eternal slumber. As we escape the chamber, a mummy flings out of its upright coffin, taking a swipe at our rather terrible driver.

=================

More to come, as always.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
After narrowly avoiding the grasp of a rogue mummy, we come to another Indiana Jones Adventure first: a fork in the road. Through the magic of the wifi-controlled jeeps, we are predestined to make a right or left turn towards the unknown, meaning each ride through this attraction has a 50% chance of being different from the last. Because we aren't actually on the ride, we'll go down both routes today...

---------- Route 1 ----------

Veering left at a fork in the road, our jeep careens around a corner and into the lair of West, the ever-vicious bipedal-crocodile. Our jeep cautiously inches forward atop a rickety suspension bridge. From below, we see roaring whitewater, not to mention countless hungry crocodiles slowly perusing the surface looking for a handout. Roaring waterfalls from all sides of the cavern nearly mute the music playing in the inboard speakers, but not entirely. On the other side of the suspension bridge rests the giant stone mouth of West, opened widely for a delicious "lunch" of us. From above, we see the revealed nightsky, which at first appears starry, but quickly transitions to raging storm clouds, complete with thunder and lightning ravaging the sanctity of it all.

Passing through the great stone mouth, we turn a sharp corner and enter an oddly-shaped chamber where water hastily pours down the walls and to the floor (via projection mapping). It even appears as if the room is beginning to fill with floodwaters of an unsafe size. An unnatural growl generally grows in volume... A rather soaked Indy appears among the falling waters, calling out to us. "Careful! Careful! Uh-oh. See ya' later alligator!" Suddenly, the monstrous figure of West emerges from below the surface, launching out towards us with a mighty roar. The mighty crocodile bares several rows of razor-sharp teeth, each one sharper than the last. Is this the end?

Fortunately, our jeep moves upward and just out of the way, immediately put in the path of danger...a spider nest...and our jeep is stuck in a particularly nasty web...

Hideous shrieks and growls emit from among the monstrous webs. Huge, hairy-legs poke out over the sides of the webs as giant spiders with multiple-red-eyes peer down at us with a vicious hunger. Suddenly, a giant spider, at least the size of our jeep begins to descend from the ceiling with a bloodcurdling hiss. Once again, fate is on our side, allowing our jeep to break free of its containment and progress further into the temple, but not before putting us in the path of immediate danger once more...

Indiana+Jones+-+0030.jpg

Several statues of skeletal warriors line both sides of a long corridor, each wielding swords and spears. Our jeep hesitates for a moment, but quickly changes its "mind," moving forward with great speed. As if from nowhere, the statues begin to shoot poison darts (air blasts). Luckily, they all miss, but not before we round a sharp corner and enter the next scene and go down a drop in the dark...

---------- Route 2 ----------

Quickly veering right, we mistakenly stumble upon the lair of East, the cry baby llama of the Four Winds. In this distinctly-Egyptian-like chamber, we find ourselves slowly moving through a sand-dune-filled chamber awash in a dim, golden glow. Several statues of the bipedal-llama line the walls, as do mosaics, illustrating the power of East's ability to "cry sand." East's head pokes up from a dune, and yes, he's crying. "Leave me! Leave me be!" The chamber is quickly thrown into an eerie black-lit glow as East's anger triggers a devastating sandstorm.
Our jeep spins out of control as whirling winds of pure sand overwhelm the chamber (projection mapping). We hastily zip into the following chamber which is also affected by the massive storm.

Our jeep is "picked up" by the winds of the storm and sent careening around the air past jagged rocks and statues of East before crash-landing us on the rim of a safe alcove. Meandering down the resulting cavern takes us past swarms of hungry vampire bats whom have awoken as a result of the sandstorm. The rats-with-wings glare at us with green-eyes, some fluttering just inches above our upward-stretched arms. One particularly large bat near the end of the cavern (at least the size of a Great Dane) launches out as a jump scare, sending us toward a shrine where East waits impatiently for us.
"Leave! LEAVE!" East stomps with his mighty hooves, causing a devastating earthquake to send us into a rather pre-climactic climax of a scene.

8014494949_c1b55bf083_o.jpg

Ahead of us rests a rocky catacomb, littered with the skeletons of prior explorers, and...a jeep like our own, brutally destroyed by a fallen rock. The rocks that compose the whole of the catacomb attempt to dislodge from the walls and ceiling, shaking wildly. As we hastily move forward, we catch a glimpse of Indy hanging from an overhead rope. "Let me in! Let me in!" A massive, several-ton boulder appears in the darkness behind Indy, rolling closer and closer towards us as a result of the ongoing earthquake. "Let me out! Let me out!" Our jeep backs up a tad before the weak floor gives way and sends us down a steep drop and into the ride's next scene...

---------------------------------

Our adventure reaches its peak as we enter the cavernous, volcanic crater-esque lair of South, the humanoid dragon brother. Lava slowly churns in a sweltering pit below, while waterfalls of pure magma pour from the walls and ceiling, adding to the general discomfort of the lair. A crumbling bridge made of stone bricks beckons us to cross...

XhaCRaf.jpg

As if from nowhere, the massive dragon reveals itself from a cloud of smoke, his monstrous face growing in close proximity to the guardrail-free side of the bridge. Like West, South simply emits a monstrous roar, causing the bridge to crackle and crumble from right beneath our jeep. Fortunately, we make it to the sturdier-side just in time, even avoiding the fiery-breath of South. But we're not out of trouble yet...we haven't experienced the grand finale just yet...

Our jeep enters a huge circular chamber where all Four Winds have gathered in the flesh at a more natural size (ten feet tall), each facing one another. As expected, the Four Winds engage in weather-based combat as we spin around the glowing, green chamber. Indy stands in the middle of it all. "Hey, boys!" The Winds look downward. "Nature calls." Indy, clutching a staff ridden in ancient text, slams it into the earth, causing something quite magical to arise. Every bit of weather we've experienced thus far illuminates the chamber as the massive form of Mother Nature awakens, rising high above us. Our jeep comes to a halt. Mother Nature opens her pure-white eyes and looks down upon her sons. The Four Winds retract in shame. Mother Nature raises her hands upwards. In a blinding flash, our jeep darts out of the chamber backwards and down one final drop.

As we careen backwards, the figures of the Four Winds are seen hurtling through the air, shrieking in agony as they turn into statues once more. Colorful specks of "magic dust" settle down the brilliant white-light of the "flash," turning us face-forward and into the ride's post-climax. Indy, a bit beaten by all the bad weather looks at us from atop a collapsed statue of South, a statue for East, West, and North also in close proximity. "Now, don't tell me that wasn't big fun!" As soon as Indy finishes his comment, South's statue-eyes open, hinting at more adventure to come... Sallah's voice greets us as we reenter the station.

"Friends! I celebrate your arrival! Did you find any gold or jewels? Heh-heh. I knew you would! When you return to the station, please gather all your belongings, and watch your step. Come back soon!"

Our jeep pulls into the station, we disembark down a long corridor and into the gift shop-converted tomb: Sallah's Souvenirs.

=============================

Up next is Curse of the Stone Tiger! I'll do a technical breakdown of my Indy ride at a later time to prove that many of the seemingly impossible effects could in fact work.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster

The jungles of the Forgotten Kingdom... A mysterious realm of exotic enchantment and intrigue... From the legendary Temple of the Four Winds to the uncharted waterways and canals of the Jungle River Cruise, adventure lies around every corner, some taking the shape of exciting thrill rides, others taking on the form of a simple "sit-down" experience. And by sit-down experience, I'm not talking about the Enchanted Tiki Room or the Country Bear Jamboree. Oh no. I'm talking about a true departure from the cookiecutter, child-friendly world of magic and wonder... I'm talking about an attraction that reinvents what the ill-fated ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter tried creating so long ago. This attraction, of course, is none other than Curse of the Stone Tiger, a DLA original.

After crossing Adventureland's distinctly-Polynesian entry-bridge, we find ourselves enthralled by the selection of artifacts and relics on display outside the nearby F.K.E.T. H.Q., home of the Forgotten Kingdom Expedition Team. Within the hull of this termite-infested, flea-ridden British-colonial structure sits a unique Disney attraction that relies not on ride vehicles or 3D visuals, but instead 3D sound and animatronics for a binaural-realistic experience unlike any other. A prominent warning sign cupped in the mouth of a stone tiger head (a la the Cave of Wonders) warns both ourselves and parents that this is not an attraction that is fun for the whole family. The "Curse of the Stone Tiger," as named by the rather macabre entry-sign above, is an intense and immersive attraction that relies wholly on getting "up close and personal" with the Stone Tiger, a fabled and feared deity of Forgotten Kingdom lore.

Like Alien Encounter, Curse of the Stone Tiger is presented as a "play in three acts," but like the Tiki Room, a precursor to the main event is featured in the outdoor waiting area. In this exotic garden, sheltered under tattered-canvas canopies, various artifact displays rest among the over-sized palm leaves and colorful flowers, each labeled and described by a hand-written plaque. A phonograph seen sitting in an opened-window on the second-floor of the H.Q. provides an extension of the Forgotten Kingdom's background music, playing jazz standards of the 20's and early 30's, respectively. Unlike the rest of the sub-area's music, though, the music is warped and seems to echo, creating an unsettling atmosphere... After a short wait, the doors to the H.Q. open, and we enter...

The Lobby is the setting of our "first act." The distorted jazz music carries over from the waiting area and inside, this time coming from a small radio crammed among a cluttered bookshelf. Most of the lobby itself is decorated with crammed-pack bookshelfs and display cases ridden with relics and various goodies excavated from not just the Forgotten Kingdom, but also distant excavations, ranging from Machu Picchu to the Pyramids of Giza. Front and center, garnering the most attention in the room, sits a painting of Sir Arthur Clair, current president of the F.K.E.T. This stately British-gentleman, wearing a pith helmet, red soldier uniform, and brandishing an epic handlebar mustache and rustic musket looks to the heavens, one foot on a slain creature of some mythical variety, the other on a rocky clifftop. Strangely, he has a striking resemblance to Monty Python's own Eric Idle... On either side of the portrait in higher-corners of the room sit two primitive television monitors...and by primitive, I mean primitive, TV wasn't invented until 1927, and this attraction only takes place a few years later in 1933. With the appropriate static, the monitors flick on by magic, thrusting the room into a blackout. After the static clears, a spinning globe gyrates into view in glorious black and white, a triumphant theme backing its claymation appearance. The logo of the F.K.E.T. (fully spelled out) appears on the screen before fading out. A beautiful woman walks onto the screen, clearly walking outside the H.Q. building. Oddly enough, she has a striking resemblance to Anne Hathaway... Eric Idle and Anne Hathaway playing characters in the same attraction? Is this Ella Enchanted's never-made sequel?

ANNE (Not her character's name, but we'll call her that for now. An unsettling underscore, written specifically for this attraction crackles beneath her voice, as "Seize the Future" played during Alien Encounter): Welcome, fellow explorers, to the headquarters of the Forgotten Kingdom Expedition Team, otherwise known as the F.K.E.T. You are among the hundreds of people from across the world today, who have had the great honor and fortune to visit the remnants of this civilization lost in time. (The screen shows photographs of various archaeological digs prior to 1933) Since 1929, the F.K.E.T. has promised to explore and excavate the remains of history's greatest mysteries, from Machu Picchu to the fabled city of Atlantis. (Anne returns to the screen) Upon Dr. Henry Jones (a picture of Indy's yearbook photo at Marshall College) discovering the Forgotten Kingdom in early 1933, (old newsreel footage of explorers bouncing up and down outside the Temple of the Four Winds) we were jubilant with excitement and eager with anticipation to unlock its secrets, particularly that of the legendary Stone Tiger (Hieroglyphic-drawings of the Stone Tiger terrorizing much smaller humans pops-up on the screen), a long-lost relic thought by many scholars to have never existed. Our president, Sir Arthur Clair, describes this amazing discovery the best. (Arthur, played by Eric Idle, is awkward but proper)

ARTHUR: Ah, yes, we were quite...we were quite overwhelmed to find the Stone Tiger out in the jungle. (Slides of the Stone Tiger's unveiling from the jungle mud. Sallah and Indy make cameo appearances) As a boy, I would hear legends of this fearsome deity and its gruesome tendency to er...eat and attack those who didn't kneel before it. Of course, legends of a statue coming to life and eating people are pure rubbish, (Eric reappears) but to know that this statue does exist, and that at one time people feared it! Well, that's a discovery richer than all the loot in Treasure Island! (Anne returns to the screen)

ANNE: Now is the time to seize the day and step forward deeper into our humble abode. (A door behind Anne opens to a white light) You will be the among the first people in the world to pay witness to the awe-inspiring beauty and ever-intriguing mystery of the fabled Stone Tiger. Prepare yourselves for an unforgettable encounter. (The screen goes to static and turns off. The lights come back up, and the music resumes. Doors on either side of Arthur's painting open, taking us to "Act Two.")

Act Two is presented in the Catalogue Room, a large room where several artifacts of varying sizes are placed into hay-filled crates and readied for shipment to wherever their fate may lie, whether it be in the hands of a museum, collector, or university. Most prominent in the Catalogue Room is an animatronic human slumped down at his front and center desk, asleep, audible snores emitting from his nostrils. On either side of the sleeping man sit two glass display cases, one containing a statue of "Bob" the monkey god, the other containing Pele, tiki goddess of fire and volcanoes. Arthur's voice plays over the music, which fades as the doors behind us tightly close.

ARTHUR: Before you pay witness to the awesome might of the Stone Tiger, enjoy an admission-free presentation, led by the world's leading expert in the study of cursed relics, Professor Demood from Oxford. (A loud snore awakens Demood from his slumber. He yawns, stretches, then addresses us. He is voiced by Kelsey David Hyde-Pierce)

DEMOOD: Ah, was I? Was I asleep? Er, uh...sorry. Heh-heh. I am Professor Oscar Demood, the world's leading expert in the study of cursed relics. (The glass cases containing Bob and Pele begin to shake, the relics inside glowing eerily) Oh! You're probably wondering why those display cases are rattling enough to wake the dead... Well, these artifacts are in fact cursed, as so many artifacts are... To my right, we have Bobuwannaea, the monkey god, whom we so-lovingly refer to as "Bob." To my left, we have Pele, tiki goddess of fire and volcanoes. Both of these relics have been stolen...I mean...collected from the farthest reaches of the earth, by yours truly. Now, why are these two on display, you may ask? Well, they're our lucky, involuntary volunteers. After all, simple bits of stone and wood don't have minds of their own. (The cases rattle once more) You see, we at the F.K.E.T. have perfected means of destroying any and all cursed relics that may prove to be a danger to our own well-being...and yours. (Sinister tone) There is far more to the eye than these simple glass cases. Observe. (Turns to Bob) Hello, Bob. (Bob rattles and glows) Would you care for a...banana? (Bob's eyes open, turning red. The glass disappears in a puff of smoke. Bob turns toward Demood) And with the pull of a lever... ("Fire" engulfs Bob. As it subsides, Bob is now a pile of ashes) Ta-da! Bob is no more. As you can see, Bob has been safely and quietly incinerated into a pile of harmless ashes. A World War-era mortar has been placed in the podium of each display, bursting into flames at the simple pull of a lever. We have invented this technology for your own protection when viewing the Stone Tiger. After all, one can never truly tell when legends surrounding cursed artifacts are true... Now then, how about Pele? (Turns to Pele) Pele, feel like a refreshing glass of ice-water? (Pele wildly begins to shake, the glass disappearing in a puff of smoke. She turns to Demood. Fire erupts from her volcano-shaped head) And with the pull of a lever... (Demood pulls. It doesn't work) And with the pull of a lever... (He accidentally pulls too hard, ripping the lever off) Uh-oh. (The fire in Pele's head grows larger) Ladies and gentlemen, this is a new technology, and...we are bound to have some kinks... (Pele's fire grows even larger) Ladies and gentlemen, duck! Duck! (The room is briefly illuminated red before going dark. Demood screams. The lights return. A charred skeleton sits in Demood's place, still clutching the broken lever. Pele is gone. A triumphant musical theme plays as the doors to "Act Three" open. A last chance exit for those upset by Act Two's finale is opened as well. We continue on, meandering into a large circular chamber with countless seats. In the center of the chamber, a huge podium resides, whatever its contents are being blocked off by wood paneling stretching from the podium to the ceiling. A primitive TV monitor sits in the back of the seats in front of us, as well as the ceiling on each individual side of the podium)

ANNE: And now, witness the mystery and splendor of the Stone Tiger. Please select a row quickly, continue to the end of that row, and take a seat. All seats provide excellent views of the Stone Tiger, once it has been revealed. Please take a seat. Act quickly, and proceed to the end of that row. Thank you. For the best view of the Stone Tiger, we insist that you sit upright at all times. Keep your arms by your side, with your feet firmly planted on the floor. F.K.E.T. Regulations require that spectators of all ages must remain seated at all times, or the viewing will be cancelled. Please refrain from the use of flash pictures and smoking, we do not wish to soil the ancient rockwork in which the Stone Tiger was carved from. Thank you.

=========================================

More to come!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
cool I wonder what land is next, and where your going to put the Haunted Mansion?

I'll be doing Frontierland after I'm done with Curse of the Stone Tiger. Haunted Mansion will be in Hollywoodland.

=====================

Once we have all been seated, the doors leading in and out of the chamber shut...a F.K.E.T. employee gives a live safety spiel, before disappearing out of sight, as if they're trying to hide something from us... An ominous feeling pierces our gut. The screens flick on with a bit of static before revealing the black and white faces of Arthur and Anne, presumably being filmed somewhere else in the building.

ARTHUR: Is it on? Is it on? Hello? Hello? (He looks directly at us)

ANNE: Yes, of course it's on. I told you the first time. Now, about the tiger...

ARTHUR: Oh, jolly good. Jolly good. Ahem. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, it is I, Sir Arthur Claire, president of the Forgotten Kingdom Expedition Team. This is my assistant and lead technical designer, Megan (I'm gonna stop calling her Anne now, now that her character has a name). Say hello to the lovely people, Megan.

MEGAN: Hello. Look, I don't think...

ARTHUR: Megan is the one responsible for our appearance here today. Although we are located in an office space just upstairs, we are filming this presentation live. As it is the fine year of 1933, this is in fact one of the first, if not the first live television broadcast in recorded history. Here's to hoping things run smoothly. Now then, who here is ready to see the legendary jungle deity known as the Stone Tiger? Show of hands? (Pre-recorded "Me! Me! I do! I wanna see!" are played over the speakers) Ah! Good!

MEGAN: Listen, Arthur.

ARTHUR: Sir Arthur!

MEGAN: Sir Arthur. I really don't think we should showcase the tiger just yet. As much as I'd like to, I...I have a very bad feeling about
this. Don't you agree?

ARTHUR: What do you mean?

MEGAN: Hasn't being an archaeologist taught you anything? If there's a legend about something that says it's cursed, then chances are, it's probably...

ARTHUR: Rubbish. There's no such thing as magic, or curses. Plain and simple.

MEGAN: Then why did you have me install mortars in the bottom of the display cases for reportedly "cursed relics?" So we can destroy them if they come to life and get out of hand? Look at what happened to poor Professor Os...

ARTHUR: Lower the protective modules, we mustn't delay any longer. Hurry along then. Quickly.

MEGAN: Fine. (She pulls a lever and turns to us. Footage of a module lowering is shown) Please remain seated in an upright position with your arms at your sides. When the modules touch your shoulders, they will stop automatically. (The modules lower into place. We are now trapped) So, please remain seated and do not interrupt their operation. Thank you.

ARTHUR: Is everybody ready? (Brief pause) I'll take that as a "yes!" Now, let's visualize... Close your eyes. Cue the music! (Mysterious jungle rhythms play, as well as animal sound effects in the background. A quick peek at the screens gives us an up-close glimpse of Eric Idle with his eyes closed)

ARTHUR (cont.): Picture if you will, yourself in the midst of a dense jungle on a mysterious continent. Savage beasts and restless natives inhabit this jungle, but you don't care; you're here to find fortune and fame amid the long-forgotten remains of an ancient civilization. Your excavation party has heard stories of the legendary Stone Tiger, a powerful deity of a centuries-old civilization, so it is only natural that you react with excitement upon finding the stone deity protruding from a murky swamp. This is a sight that has not been seen by civilized man in at least a thousand years... This is a sight beyond compare... This is truly magical... This is...

MEGAN: Shall I unveil the statue?

ARTHUR: Good grief, Megan, you've ruined the moment. (Arthur is visibly upset, but quickly changes his tone) Oh, you might as well as unveil it now. (The wood paneling surrounding the podium raises up into the ceiling, revealing the massive, twelve-foot tall Stone Tiger. Similar to the Four Winds, the Stone Tiger is a bipedal-beast in ancient clothing. As of now, the Stone Tiger is simply a whitish-grey statue with no animation what-so-ever. The mysterious underscore continues) Isn't it magnificent?

MEGAN: Alright, Sir Arthur, they've seen it. Now, let's let them return home. Ladies and gentlemen, the modules will shortly rise, please gather your personal belongings and...

ARTHUR: Nonsense! I haven't even told them about the poppycock curse yet!

MEGAN: Sir Arthur... (Arthur pulls out a rather large book, quickly skims through the pages, and begins reading an excerpt. Hand-drawn illustrations illustrate his words)

ARTHUR: It is said that the Stone Tiger was the patron spirit of death, a jungle spin on the classic Angel of Death. Those who were coming to the end of their life would be paid a visit by the Stone Tiger and eaten in one bite if they chose not to kneel before him and accept their fate.

MEGAN: Sounds pleasant.

ARTHUR: Indeed. (A photo of the Stone Tiger being discovered) Legend has it that the statue of the Stone Tiger you see before you was erected as a tribute to the deity, as means of a peace treaty. In return for a statue in its likeliness, they would have their lives spared. However, the tiger was offended by this and, as a result, placed a curse on the statue. (Close up footage of the words on the statue's base) Those who read the words aloud inscribed on the base of the statue would unleash a reign of terror and plague unlike any the world has ever known. (He closes the book and tosses it aside)

MEGAN: Did you hear that, ladies and gentlemen? Whatever you do, do not read the words inscribed on the bottom of the statue out loud!

ARTHUR: Oh, don't worry about it, Megan. There is no way possible that any of these lovely visitors could in any way, shape or form decipher and understand what the ancient dialect says... Only archaeologists such as ourselves can read something as difficult as "
Kujisikia hasira yangu." (Suddenly, the entire chamber begins to shake and go haywire. The screens interchange between static and decent quality)

MEGAN: What's happening?!

ARTHUR: I don't know! What is happening?!

UNNATURAL VOICE: Who dares disturb my slumber?!

MEGAN: What was that?!

ARTHUR: (Looking towards Heaven) Grandmama? Is that you?!

UNNATURAL VOICE: Who dares awaken the Stone Tiger?! (The statue's eyes open, glowing an eerie shade of yellow. Its mouth and nostrils glow an equally-yellow color)

MEGAN: Now look what you've done! These people are in a lot of trouble. (The tiger blinks, then turns its head and feet, examining the audience)

TIGER: Who said it? Who said "Kujisikia hasira yangu?"

ARTHUR: Ah...it was them! (Pointing to us)

TIGER: I can't nearly punish all of you...hmm...what if...perhaps...you all kneeled to me?

ARTHUR: You heard the man! Kneel! Kneel!

MEGAN: They can't, genius! They're strapped down by the modules!

ARTHUR: Activate the incinerator! (Megan pulls a lever. The tiger glares at the monitors. A wimpy puff of smoke comes up from the podium and makes a fart noise. The tiger barely bats an eye) What happened?!

MEGAN: The mortar's not working! What should we do?!

TIGER: Why aren't you kneeling?! (Silence) Kneel! Kneel!

PRE-RECORDED AUDIENCE MEMBER: But my name's Michael!

TIGER: Very well then. I will consume...I will consume everything! (The tiger throws its head back and unleashes a bloodcurdling roar, plunging the chamber into pitch-blackness. The glass case can be heard shattering, blasting us with wind. From this point on, our experience is marked by 3D-HD speakers, smells, water droplets, etc. Everything that made the original Alien Encounter so darn terrifying and more. We hear the tiger jump from seat to seat, sending chills down our spine)

ARTHUR: Can you hear us?! Can you hear us?! Blast! Why is it so dark?!

MEGAN: We've lost power... Ladies and gentlemen, we're speaking to you from upstairs. Whatever you do, please remain calm. Do not move! Do not scream! Do not get eaten! (The yellow eyes and mouth of the tiger illuminate in a random portion of the chamber)

TIGER: Eat them?! Oh, that's not all I'm going to do. Perhaps a plague of locusts will help get my point across.

ARTHUR: Locusts?! (A distinct buzzing is heard in the distance, gradually growing louder and louder. Suddenly, we are surrounded by the buzzing of a thousand tiny creatures from all sides. We are blasted by a continuous blast of wind to every part of our body) I hate locusts!

MEGAN: They're everywhere!

PRE-RECORDED AUDIENCE MEMBER 2: Yuck! I think I swallowed a bug. (The locust swarm subsides)

ARTHUR: Please, Mr. Stone Tiger, stop this madness. We'll do anything. How about a nice can of tuna?

TIGER: My apologies... I cannot seem to hear you over the sound of the impending earthquake...

ARTHUR: Earthquake? What earthquake? (The chamber begins to violently shake, our seats included)

MEGAN: Sir Arthur, we have to get this monster back on the podium. If we get a maintenance worker down there, we could fix the mortar and incinerate this nightmare for good! (The earthquake halts)

TIGER: Hmm...I do not feel quite satisfied with this series of plagues, thus far. Perhaps... Yes, this will do.

ARTHUR: What is it? What is it? Eww, what is that foul stench? (Oddly enough, it smells like roadkill...rodent roadkill... Squeaking is heard near our feet)

MEGAN: Rats! Rats! (Hundreds of squeaking little rats are heard scattering about the floor, some going underneath our bottoms and pressing against our skin, a la It's Tough to be a Bug!) No more plagues, please!

TIGER: Very well... Whom should I eat first? (The tiger is heard breathing down our neck, even drooling on us. Just then, a maintenance worker can be heard entering)

WORKER: Hello? Is everyone okay in here? Hello?

ARTHUR: Ah, yes. Hello, we're all good, yes, very good. Just a minor power outage. All you need to do is find the breaker and flip it upward, okay? Splendid.

WORKER: What happened? There's broken glass everywhere, and...do I smell rats?

ARTHUR: Never mind that, just get to the breaker and get the lights back on. We'd love to resume our live broadcast as soon as possible.

WORKER: No problem. I'm at the breaker now.

TIGER: As am I.

WORKER: Sir Arthur, was that you?

TIGER: Guess again.

WORKER: What in the name of...what are you?

TIGER: Your fate. (He screams. Distinct chomping is heard. We are splashed by something warm, perhaps blood)

MEGAN: Sir, are you okay? Hello? Hello? Oh no. We have to do something now!

ARTHUR: Ladies and gentlemen, we have this situation under control, please stay completely still. Whatever you do, do not scream! (Once again, the tiger hops from seat to seat, drooling and breathing down our necks. At one point, we are "licked" by a rough, sandpaper-like material that's wet, perhaps the tiger's tongue. The lights begin to flicker and the monitors return to normal)

MEGAN: He did it! He fixed the breaker!

WORKER: Mission accomplished.

ARTHUR: We thought you were dead!

WORKER: I'm not quite dead. In fact, I'm getting better. (The tiger has returned to the podium)

MEGAN: Listen, whoever you are, and however you survived aside, we need you to fix the mortar inside the podium.

WORKER: You got it. I'm already underground hiding from that...thing. I should have it fixed in a jiffy.

TIGER: Foolish humans! Kneel before me! Bow to my authority!

WORKER: All fixed! You are clear for incineration.

(Megan pulls the lever again. Flames engulf the Stone Tiger once and for all. Instantly, the flames clear, leaving behind a massive pile of ashes. We are blasted with hot wind. A visibly-distressed Arthur and Megan look at us from their filming space upstairs)

ARTHUR: So, uh, that was the Stone Tiger. We hope you enjoyed this presentation, and we hope you come back and see us real soon.

MEGAN: Or not. (Pause) Once the modules have risen, please exit out the open doors and gather all of your personal belongings.

ARTHUR: The ones that haven't been eaten. Good luck, and happy eating.

MEGAN: Bye-bye.

And with that, we exit, a bit frazzled and humored by the bizarre experience we just underwent.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
With Adventureland behind us (for now), we move onto the next major (and familiar) land of Disneyland Australia. A friendly word of warning, once I've completed the multi-part coverage of Frontierland (which is massive), we'll be venturing into the first of the park's original lands, so be prepared! You ain't seen nothin' yet.

======================

"Here we experience the story of our country's past...the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach...the advent of the railroad...and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America." - Walt Disney

Just a short distance north of
Adventureland's distinctly Polynesian-style entrance rests the fortress-style entrance to Frontierland, a representation of North America as it appeared over a century ago during the time of Manifest Destiny and many a prosperous Gold Rush. The aforementioned "fortress-style" entrance takes the form of Fort Lincoln, an accurate representation of a cavalry fort as seen during the American Civil War. Flags from each of the 23 states in the Union billow from atop the log-built turrets, while poised-and-ready rifles peer over the walls of the fort, ready for battle. Crossing a grand entry-bridge (also composed of logs), we pass above the waters of Fantasy Lagoon and, like Adventureland, Frontierland's story also begins with this murky waterway. On the desert-shoreline below, an overturned stagecoach rests near the water's edge, its various goods scattered about the sands. Most notably, a ten gallon hat sits where the window would normally be. Every so often, the hat suddenly rises upward, revealing a black bear wearing the hat and munching on a fish he found onboard the wreckage. The bear gives a satisfied grunt before lowering back down and out of sight.

A hand-carved sign reading "Frontierland" hangs from Fort Lincoln's opened-gates. Just a short distance away, the music of many a classic western film call to us, beckoning us to continue further. Our adventure back in time is about to begin...

TP01.jpg

Our adventure back in time begins in the first of several sub-areas in Frontierland, this sub-area being the little mining town of Buzzard Rock County... A nearby welcome sign puts it best...

"Welcome to Buzzard Rock County
The Cutest Little Town This Side of the Mississippi
Population 1,000
Population 888
Population 302
Population 90"

Judging by the amount of times the population count has been crossed out and replaced by a significantly smaller number, "Buzzard" is an appropriate description of the town's well-being. Truly, we feel as if we have stepped into the reels of a classic western, Blazing Saddles and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly coming to mind as we take in the romanticized western-architecture. Horseshoe-prints and wagon wheel-tracks appear embedded in the pavement... Cacti and tumbleweeds create rugged gardens among the planters... A cigar store Indian stands guard from a nearby porch... Fellow guests relax from the heat of desert life atop rocking chairs and a hammock, taking in the shade of a quiet storefront... Wanted posters and advertisements for various frontier goods and services line the walls of the dust-kissed buildings, offering bits of humor here and there (i.e. Pain For Less Dentistry)... This is truly a journey back in time...

Similar to Rogue's Gallery in neighboring Adventureland, Legends of the Wild West is a walkthrough exhibit held within the confines of Fort Lincoln. Inside, we walk past vignettes and dioramas displaying icons of the American frontier, such as Davy Crockett, Buffalo Bill, Annie Oakley, Andrew Jackson, Billy the Kid, and Abraham Lincoln himself. Rather than being a wax museum, a la Rogue's Gallery, Legends of the Wild West utilizes a wide variety of mediums, such as miniatures, animatronics, film, and paintings. No trip through Fort Lincoln is complete without a chance to "fire" the authentic Civil War-era cannon held within Andrew Jackson's "quarters."

Westernland%20General%203.jpg

upload_2016-4-8_10-22-16.jpeg

The General Store, marked by its antler-covered rooftop (an old trick to attract cowboys), appears to our left, dabbling not just in souvenirs, but also in candy, soda, ice cream, and a rather odd oddity...exotic jerky. Next door, the Yensid Hotel and bathhouse labeled "Baths 5 Cents" serve as a clever disguise for the public bathrooms, a subtle nod to Disneyland's long-gone Bear Country. Other faux-storefronts appear, allowing us glimpses into typical western life. A peek inside the Assayer's Office shows a desk covered in gold nuggets, but a closer look at the abandoned assayer's chair shows a fresh supply of bulletholes in the back of the chair, hinting at something gone awry in the past. The Sheriff's Office and Jailhouse next door do allow us to enter, giving us a chance to attempt to breakout of an "authentic" frontier prison or place our face within the frame of our own wanted poster.

The town's bold sheriff,
Sheriff Jack actually resides within his office from time to time, keeping an eye out for suspicious individuals. When Black-Eyed Bart, notable bank robber and general fiend robs the local bank, Sheriff Jack whips out his pistol and gives chase, thus enacting a humorous, slapstick gunfight through the streets of Buzzard Rock County, ending in Black-Eyed Bart falling down the local wishing well with a stick of lit dynamite, thus splashing bystanders with "well-water."

On the right-hand side of the entry-path we find Westward Ho! Clothing Co., a western-inspired clothing store, neighbored by Ravenscroft Ltd. Undertaker who is offering a two-for-one sale at this time. Although the shop itself is inaccessible (it's really just faux storefront connecting Westward Ho to the next shop), an upright coffin outside allows us to test our final resting place before making a purchase. Suspiciously, the local Gallows (a bit dark, don't you think?) are located just a few feet from the Undertaker's shop... Noah Count Insurance Broker has his office just above the Undertaker and, as expected, country-accented arguing often emits from its open-window, followed with the appropriate fight sound effects. Next door to Ravenscroft is
Prairie Supply. This is a rather unique store as it sells authentic western wares that one would not typically find in Australia, such as Native American-made blankets, figurines, and artwork.

trading_post_001.jpg

As we continue forward into Frontierland, we catch our first glimpse of a Disneyland-staple: The Rivers of the Far West. Marked by the majestic sternwheeler, the Lewis & Clark Riverboat, the Rivers of the Far West represent the many great rivers of the North American continent: the Missouri, the Mississippi, the Rio Grande, etc., as they appeared in the time of American expansion. This oval-shaped river serves as the centerpiece of Frontierland, a beacon for the land's varying sub-areas. But no beacon is complete without a "weenie," and that weenie comes to us in the form of Buzzard Rock County's sole E-Ticket: Geyser Mountain.

Nestled on an island in the center of the river, Geyser Mountain, a rock-built masterpiece seeming to be straight from Yosemite National Park once served as the booming gold mine in which the people of Buzzard Rock County gained their fortune. Rumor has it that volcanic activity halted all business within the mine when a group of miners digging deep in the mountain were launched into the stars by an erupting geyser of prehistoric origin. Now, those brave enough to explore its reportedly "haunted" shafts and caverns board an old drill-train, an invention of steampunk-design, drilling deep into the mountain past dinosaur fossils, bubbling lava pits, and the long-lost spirits of those miners who lost their lives to the geyser so many years before. Things go horribly wrong when that same prehistoric geyser begins to erupt, launching the drill-trains upwards and out the top of the mountain not just once, but several times, a la the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Naturally, a cave found along the mainland's shoreline leads us beneath the river, through the mine shaft-esque queue, and onto the island, as if by magic.

http://www.easywdw.com/reports/gggg038.jpg

Back on the mainland, we find that Buzzard Rock County splits into two directions at the riverbend, north and south (from our viewpoint, north is left, south is right), deciding to turn left, we find the Diamondback Rattlesnake Saloon, a rough-n-rowdy saloon of an era gone-by. Inside is a quick service restaurant where ice cream sundaes, fish and chips, fried chicken, and sasparillas are nearly all the menu has to offer. Also inside is the one and only Diamondback Rattlesnake Revue where a collection of melodramatic vaudeville performers, from stand-up comedians to cancan-dancing showgirls put on a musical comedy show where anything can happen, including dancing buffalo?

(Don't worry, the show will be far more PC than the original show, lol. I just want to make use of that hysterical buffalo costume somehow)

The Bluegrass Boys, an authentic bluegrass band often take to the streets of Buzzard Rock County, providing appropriate music for the time period. Often times, costumed characters of the "frontier" genre take part in the impromptu concerts, a throwback to Disneyland's own Bear Country.

Sharing a kitchen with the Diamondback Rattlesnake Saloon is the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, an outdoor table service restaurant selling all-you-can-eat barbecue dishes and Tex-Mex selections. Borrowing performers from the saloon, live musicians and a honky tonk pianist provide entertainment during each meal, a tradition dating back to Disneyland's own Big Thunder BBQ. We might as well call this portion of town "Restaurant Row," because Casa Mexicana sits next door to Cowboy Cookout, being the park's primary provider of Mexican-inspired meals. A mariachi band often provide music for diners throughout the day, providing a truly immersive dining experience. North of Casa Mexicana is the next sub-area of Frontierland, but we'll dive into that later...

Just outside the Diamondback Rattlesnake Saloon is an once-per-hour celebration of Frontierland: the Frontierland Hoedown. As if it were a flashmob of the modern-era, a select group of Frontierland cast members and characters, including Brer Bear, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Big Al, and Liver Lips McGrowl quietly sneak into the large "dance-floor" outside the saloon and randomly burst into a dance break. Following their flash mob, we are invited to participate, learning such steps as the electric slide, the box step, and so on so forth...

Turning right at the river from the aforementioned split, Buzzard Rock County continues south, starting with the legendary Mile Long Bar. In this snack-food-based eatery, the bar actually appears to be a mile-long, thanks to a cleverly-placed mirror at either end of the bar. Buff, Max, and Melvin, three talking trophy heads of Country Bear-origin reside above the bar, often singing and interacting with patrons.

1251051197_95f0f3f6ab.jpg

The Mile Long Bar, of course is connected to the exit of a musical revue composed of pure fantasy, the Frontierland Jamboree.

country_bear_theater_exterior.jpg

americasings.jpg

Davis%20-%20HomeOnRange.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkkZWR5ftk

Held within the historic Ursus H. Bear Wilderness Hall, the Frontierland Jamboree is respectively a combination between two Marc Davis classics: America Sings and the Country Bear Jamboree. Hosted by Henry, a top hat and shirtfront-clad brown bear, we are taken through the various realms of the American frontier, experiencing a wide array of musical stylings, such as the country-western grit of Saddlesore Swanson (a turkey), the grim poetry of the Boot Hill Boys (a pair of vultures), the hand-clapping, foot-stomping beats of the Swamp Boys (some alligators, frogs, and a raccoon), and the tug-at-your-heartstring crooning of Big Al (a bear). The Bandwagon, a large Conestoga wagon set up outside the theater's entrance sells a small sampling of what can be found in Frontierland's bigger shops, including merchandise unique to the Frontierland Jamboree.

Adjacent to Wilderness Hall's entrance is Big Al's Galley, a riverside establishment selling bread bowls, clam chowder, tomato bisque, lobster rolls, and the beloved Disney turkey leg (and pork shank). Big Al, perhaps the most memorable character in the Frontierland Jamboree can be heard snoring loudly from his cave which is coincidentally located along the muddy shoreline near the restaurant's riverside dining area. As evident by the various portraits and statues found around the galley, Big Al has an affinity for sailing and fishing, dramatic portraits showcasing a much skinnier and younger Al venturing out upon the high seas.

Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Big Al, Liver Lips McGrowl, Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, and Brer Fox all make appearances in Buzzard Rock County, entering from an alleyway between the Frontierland Jamboree and the neighboring structure. Although they mostly wander around at their own discretion to cause general mischief, a specified meet-n-greet space is found in the form of Lookout Dock, a small dock offering stunning views of adjacent Geyser Mountain, a perfect photo opportunity with your favorite frontier character.

cbe8753d7d0a218c8508448c7bbe9240.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2klh2cTa_Q

Similar to Eliasburg's own Eliasburg Hotel, which is normally abandoned until its doors are reopened every October, Buzzard Rock County boasts an "abandoned" building, too, that building being Sleepy Hollow Sideshow. Local legend has it that the Sleepy Hollow Sideshow was a traveling freak show from New England that made its final stop in Buzzard Rock County, claiming to have the one and only Headless Horseman in their artillery of oddities. Although no one quite knows for sure what happened that fateful Halloween night in 1850, the sideshow suddenly closed its doors, never to reopen. Since then, the traveling circus has stayed put, and has since begun reopening every October for a glimpse at the intriguing mysteries within...

latest

The last portion of Buzzard Rock County is found in the form of Davy Crockett's Wilderness Arcade. Found next door to the Sleepy Hollow Sideshow, Davy Crockett's Wilderness Arcade is a good old-fashioned shooting exposition themed to the king of the wild frontier himself, where interactive elements and triggers make one feel as if they "tamed them a 'bar when they were only three." Some desert rock formations block our view of the Arabian Marketplace which rests just on the other side of Buzzard Rock County in Adventureland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRyUcI6TmbM

The breathtaking western film orchestrations give way to jazz standards typical of New Orleans, particularly the French Quarter...in fact, even the rustic Southwestern structures appear to be giving way to more Southern-style buildings...could it...could it be? Yes, it could! We've just stumbled upon the Golden Age of the French Quarter, the crown jewel of New Orleans, Louisiana. Winding alleyways and bustling restaurants beckon us towards the French Quarter, Frontierland's next sub-area...

======================

More to come!

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I know you already have HM in Hollywoodland, but I kinda think French Quarter fits HM better IMO.

I'm going through with HM in Hollywoodland for several reasons, the main one being the tradition of keeping the Haunted Mansion in a different land in every Disney park. Disneyland (New Orleans Square), Magic Kingdom (Liberty Square), Tokyo (Fantasyland), Paris (Frontierland), Hong Kong (Mystic Pointe). That being said, there has already been a Haunted Mansion in Frontierland, and since the French Quarter sub-area is a part of Frontierland, that breaks the rule. I've also settled on Hollywoodland due to A) lack of Tower of Terror in my park (Geyser Mountain is in its place) and B) Hollywood is notorious for being haunted. Whether it be the mystery of Hollywood Forever Cemetery to the varied ghost stories of Griffith Park, I feel as if it is a perfect fit for DLA's HM which will be reputable for being the scariest incarnation of the attraction. Thank you for your input though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom