News Meta Quest Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience coming to The NBA Experience building at Disney Springs

Disney Maddux

Biggest thing I'm worried about:

This becoming the new WoL. Yes, a project is "in development", but it's always getting changed/delayed indefinitely, while the venue just stays abandoned besides the occasional temporary event.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
“We can’t screw up Star Wars any more than we already have, right? Maybe if we let people see the place we made up, they’ll want to spend money!”

LovePop

"The complimentary preview will allow guests to try out the Quest 2 headsets and experience Batuu in 360 degree VR."

Why??? Guests are already experiencing Batuu, the real thing, in DHS. Why don't they show somewhere else, like anywhere Star Wars?

GladToBeHear

I'm usually not a fan of VR-type games. I find them clunky and not very immersive. But one of my teen sons and I did the VOID VR experience at Disney Springs a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I'd love to see a bigger/better version of something like that. But it doesn't sound like that's what we're getting here.

Cmdr_Crimson

So how much did the NBA lose on this garbage idea?
Way too much...
Seems like Disney can't figure out what to do with this space and this is a short-term solution.
Still praying for a Game Central Station Barcade themed to Wreck it Ralph..Who wouldn't want to have a meal and drink after playing vintage games and pinball at Tapper's grill? Or actually play a real version of Sugar Rush..
"The complimentary preview will allow guests to try out the Quest 2 headsets and experience Batuu in 360 degree VR."

Why??? Guests are already experiencing Batuu, the real thing, in DHS. Why don't they show somewhere else, like anywhere Star Wars?
When you can't get that DHS reservation and want to do a disappointing version of it similar to a Disneyland Adventures sub game..

Club Cooloholic

Because they want your kids and you to play the game in the headset and love it, then buy one. I wonder if they will actually sell them there too.

hismattjesty

I hear The Zuck himself appears in person in the VR setup.

Bossk-header.jpg
Quit insulting Bossk and the Trandoshan people like that......

Comped

Lease the space to Dave and Busters
From what I was told by high up corp folks at D&B once, they seriously want the space, but due to the sports bar lease forbidding the sale of any food or beverage in the building otherwise, they might either be forced to buy it out or wait till they move. But they seriously think it's an improvement over the I drive location which is surprisingly one of the smaller ones I've been to, and definitely small for the biggest possible market they have in terms of kids and tourists.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How many times will Disney attempt VR? Lol I know the technology is better but like seriously.

VR was attempted at Disney Quest long ago with very basic graphics.

The VOID was not Disney. It was a separate company that licensed Disney IP (Star Wars and Ralph). (I liked it!)

This is ILM's foray into getting a foothold into the VR market. Since it's ILM, they have access to Disney IP.

Really, really good VR headsets cost thousands of dollars. Eventually the tech will become cheaper and there will be really, really good VR that will be commonplace. Until that happens, this is all baby steps.

Other than that, what are all the other times Disney attempted VR?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom