Merf Pics/Updates (3/16)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Merf's back from 3 nights at WDW.. with pics!

I've got some interesting stuff, some not so interesting stuff.. Working on getting it uploaded as we speak, so it should all be in this thread within the next hour or so.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
First off.. new mouse ears!

Easter!

hats15kv.jpg

St Patty's Day!

hat23ie.jpg

And every other kind you'd ever want!

hat37yp.jpg

These were all found along the entrance to MGM, which btw, Mickey has returned to:

mgment8qc.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyways - I stayed at All Star Music, because nothing else had rooms. Every day a new cheerleading or dance or DCI (Drum Corps Intenrational) group was checking in. It was ever so slightly disturbing to see them en masse but they left us alone. Had to change rooms - the bottom floor at AsMu is the noisiest room I've ever had anywhere.. they moved us to the top floor and I didn't hear anything. Mousekeeping was nice:

housekeep1mf.jpg

Over at MK, Timekeeper is dead as a doornail...

timekeep5be.jpg

It was mobbed, the offseason is GONE kids! So I finally broke down and went into the Hall of Presidents. Nice show, nice to have done.. probably never again. CoP look horrible, John's wrist in the Niagra Falls scene was grotesque and his face in the Pumpkin scene looked like something from The Hills have Eyes. Debated with a friend wether or not the theater had been painted, it looked like it had on the inside.

Next Stop.. Contemporary.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So, half of the 7th Floor is done..

contemp15cq.jpg

Only half.. but the MK facing side only has 2 more floors to do..

contemp27wo.jpg

And on every other set of room doors, they've added artwork..

cart10ze.jpg

I like it, I can't wait for the whole place to be finished.

cart23dh.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Later the first night, I went to Epcot, to check out Wonders. I took lots of pics, but only 1 cam out due to the darkness. The lights are no longer on inside, the water has been drained, and the whole place looks really abandoned. Here's a pic of the water drained from the fountain:

wonders16tk.jpg

Next morning, back to Epcot, where SSE was using it's full queue until mid afternoon.

sseline4bn.jpg

Didn't ride Soarin' this trip due to the lines :( There were walls at Innoventions East, across from the Segway.

inno5tg.jpg

Also some in West, but the photo was too dark, it's the dome-top area part, I think Tom-Morrow 2.0's playground.

Turtle Talk was popular as ever, the host of the Diver-Lockout (Which they DO still do!) was saying she was asked to let the line know it was an 80-plus minute wait.

lock17rv.jpg

NoNoNoNoNo

every thanksgiving when it is time to say what you are thankful for i will be sure to include Merf this year... thanks for another great update -- helps w/the year off..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
More Diver-Lockout, I've got some of him in the tube, but those will need photoshop due to the low lighting, but here's a pic for now..

lockout22yc.jpg

The overhead domed lights with the water effect have been turned back on inside the Living Seas, but they don't look too great. Better than nothing I suppose. Spent about an hour of my life trying to get pics of the Control Console for the SeaCab ride through the water, none of which came out, so more photo-shopping to do.. in the meantime.. look: pumpkins!

pump5dj.jpg

And they've added these swirly growing things too:

swirly9yv.jpg

Plus, they're repainting the future world bridges:

bridge3kk.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Wandered into World Showcase, where a box along France was actually open! Who knew they had anything inside of them?

france2ir.jpg

Then Japan, which is STILL under tarps. Why? Someone tell me why.. I'm dying to know what's up...

japan1nl.jpg

The little garden area of American Adventure is all walled up too.

amer8oh.jpg

Next up.. Epcot 25's first merch? Maybe...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So, I found a cute hat in the Outpost..

It says, "Mexico - 1982"

ahat19qk.jpg

But then I found Norway - 1988..

ahat25oo.jpg

And realizing it might be the first Epcot 25th Birthday merchandise, I began franticly searching for the rest of them..

Germany - 1982

ahat31qg.jpg

And Italy - 1982

ahat46wd.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Onto Morocco 1984

zhat14ka.jpg

Japan 1982

zhat25xq.jpg

China 1982

zhat32bk.jpg

And the interesting note, that United States and United Kingdom only have their names as they take up lots of space..

zhat47hk.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
France 1982

zzhat11kx.jpg

And United States:

zzhat25wj.jpg

Now, I can't find Canada. What's Epcot without Canada? At the Outpost, there's more France where Canada should be.. (the hats are all above a shirt from their country). I spent the next hour looking for the hat, and found it in the Canada pavilion:

zzhat37ua.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This is the end of the pics that don't need photoshop to be visible, so this is it for now :)

AK was mobbed.. here's the group of people 10min before opening on a Wednesday. I'm in the middle of the mass, with probably more behind than infront of me.

ak14qq.jpg

Theater in the Wild...

ak23to.jpg

More Theater in the Wild..

ak37cg.jpg

And finally, that big DVC sign they installed behind Epcot:

ak46df.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
One more note:

AK has changed their park hours, with several days (mostly Saturdays) in the next two months opening at 8am instead of 9am, begining with this Saturday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom