Menu Substitutions

Mystic

Original Poster
Is it possible to substitute one thing for another when ordering at a table service restaurant? I was surfing some of the menus on allears and some of the entrees I would consider come with sweet-potatoes. Can I ask to have regular potatoes substituted in place of the sweet-potatoes? :veryconfuI can't eat sweet-potatoes, the last time I had them I had a bad reaction to them.

LuLaSue

MY DH2B is just picky and has never has a problem substituting. Disney aims to please especially when it comes to your belly. Enjoy:slurp:

AEfx

My DH, DD and I all asked for "side item" substitutions and there was never a problem.

Agreed that it's not a problem. I mean, if you ask your sever to sub your sweet potato with lobster, you will have an issue, but any other side won't be a problem.

I do this quite a bit because I don't eat much in the way of carbs at home, but I eat tons of them at Disney. I'm known to order a burger with mashed potatoes LOL.

Also, I've found the AYCE "family style" meal places to be quite accomodating as well. For example, I love WDW chicken strips, and since they are on the kids menu at these places they will gladly bring out a plate of them for your family (even if you have no small children). I've also asked for things like a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of whatever fancy dessert is available and never had a problem.

Just a) be kind, b) be reasonable, and c) take a no if you get it (tough I never have), and you will have no probem.

AEfx

Mystic

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Glad to know I would be able to substitute. Kadee that's a great idea about asking for one of the "side" items as a substitution, thanks for the tip. AEFx, don't worry, I am always nice and polite to the cast members since they're the ones responsible for the magic afterall and I wouldn't be asking to switch the sweet potatoes for lobster. To me that's crazy and plus I don't like lobster :ROFLOL: . And if they said they couldn't make the substitution it wouldn't be a problem because we always check out the menus before we go and I make sure I've got a back up entree if needed.

Keyda

I have nut allergies and Disney always lets me substitute or will make something especially for me with out nuts.

AEfx

Thanks everyone. Glad to know I would be able to substitute. Kadee that's a great idea about asking for one of the "side" items as a substitution, thanks for the tip. AEFx, don't worry, I am always nice and polite to the cast members since they're the ones responsible for the magic afterall and I wouldn't be asking to switch the sweet potatoes for lobster. To me that's crazy and plus I don't like lobster :ROFLOL: . And if they said they couldn't make the substitution it wouldn't be a problem because we always check out the menus before we go and I make sure I've got a back up entree if needed.

LOL well it sounds like all your bases are covered and you'll have no problem and a great time!

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom