Menu For Animator’s Palate

GMRO

Was just on the Wonder in May 2010, 5/20 thru 5/23.

We ate at Animator’s Palate and I had a terrific dinner. Had some sort of appetizer that looked like cheesecake but it had a shrimp base in it. It was DELICIOUS! But I cannot remember what the dish was called. I checked the menus listed on line and nothing comes close to what I recognize. Can anyone help me find out what this appetizer was called?

Do they change the menus often? I know what is shown now on line is not what I had…as I don’t like these offerings. Again my item had shrimp in it and it looked very much like a piece of NY style cheese cake when it came out on the dish during the mea.

Thanks!

GMRO

Original Poster
Thannnkkks for that.

So no CM's or DCL folks on here to suggest what the dish was aye?

SHAME, I actually was one of those people who at my table was like, NO you gotta try this, to my party of 5. It really was excellant!!!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thannnkkks for that.

So no CM's or DCL folks on here to suggest what the dish was aye?

SHAME, I actually was one of those people who at my table was like, NO you gotta try this, to my party of 5. It really was excellant!!!

OK, it LOOKED like cheesecake, with a shrimp base, but what did it TASTE like (Besides good)

Was it a custard? A starch based dish - polenta, rice, grits?

Give me something to work with here. :)

-dave

Upvote 0

GMRO

Original Poster
Dave,

Thanks!

It was not custard. More spicy almost Cajun as it had a kick to it, which I likd, and a bit starchy. I'm not a seafood person at all. I had a hard time deciding what to get as the appetizer since all on the menu were very fishy. But this one dish had shrimp in it. Hate to beat it to death but it was a guess for me since I do like shrimp so I picked that as the least harmful. ;) I was shocked at what came out on my dish as well as how great it tasted.

Wish I had more to give. But I just figured I could look at the menu and see what it was. Again nothing I see at this point would be something that I'd entertain to eat.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Dave,

Thanks!

It was not custard. More spicy almost Cajun as it had a kick to it, which I likd, and a bit starchy. I'm not a seafood person at all. I had a hard time deciding what to get as the appetizer since all on the menu were very fishy. But this one dish had shrimp in it. Hate to beat it to death but it was a guess for me since I do like shrimp so I picked that as the least harmful. ;) I was shocked at what came out on my dish as well as how great it tasted.

Wish I had more to give. But I just figured I could look at the menu and see what it was. Again nothing I see at this point would be something that I'd entertain to eat.

Best I can help you with is that Animator's Palate served a Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake appetizer on the June Mediterranean cruises.

Maybe that was it. It does not seem to exist on any current menus. It might be something that they normaly do on longer cruises where you will be eating more than once in the rotation, and you just happend to run across it.

-dave

Upvote 0

GMRO

Original Poster
YES!

Dave I think you nailed it! That sounds exactly like what I had. It was very very delicious. Again I picked it since it said SHRIMP. The only thing I recognized that I may like per the other 3 choices on our menu.

Based on what you provided that has to be it. Needless to say I TORE IT UP and didn't leave a crumb. ;)

Shame they removed it from the Wonder...

THANK YOU!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Phonedave is right about the name of the appetizer, and it is still offered on the Wonder. We just got off of the Wonder a couple of days ago, and that appetizer was on the menu at Animator's Palate. I remember it because I had a hard time deciding whether or not to get it. I really wanted shrimp, but the description of the cheesecake sounded kind of yucky to me....but now I wish I would have tried it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom