Memory Maker

Dumbo2675

Original Poster
Can someone explain the memory maker to me. We payed for it for our trip and now getting ready to look at the pictures. Do you have to buy the photos as well?

4disneylovers

You can put boarders and stickers on photos too. You can burn your photos to disk. Or u can pay about $30 for their archive disk. Don't order until you are done saving copies with boarders.

Watch ur deadlines. This is confusing to me. I know there is a deadline from first download and one from day photo was taken.

tl77

Can individual members of your party get photos take and have everyone's photos stored to the same account, or is the account only assigned to one specific person? Because I heard that only one person is able to access and download the photos

4disneylovers

I'll tell U what I think. Someone can either confirm or correct me.

I think that if you get a card from the photographer this can only be pulled into one account. But if you're using magic bands I would think that the photographer could scan one magic band from each group and then each group will get all those photos in their account.

When we travel with friends we plan on only buying one memory maker to share and linking everyone to one account as friends and then we just share the password with the other family

4disneylovers

I'm not quite sure if I answered your question because I'm not quite sure I understood what you were asking. When we traveled in August it was my husband me and two children. All four of our bands were linked to our one account. So it didn't matter which of us had a magic band scanned or where we were on rides all four of our bands went back to one account that we had as a family

tl77

I'm not quite sure if I answered your question because I'm not quite sure I understood what you were asking. When we traveled in August it was my husband me and two children. All four of our bands were linked to our one account. So it didn't matter which of us had a magic band scanned or where we were on rides all four of our bands went back to one account that we had as a family

This is what I was wondering, thanks

TheMouseFan

Can individual members of your party get photos take and have everyone's photos stored to the same account, or is the account only assigned to one specific person? Because I heard that only one person is able to access and download the photos
As long as everyone is linked in MDE, all of the photos will show up in the account of the person who purchased it. If you put the settings correct, everyone can access the photos to add borders, stickers, etc. But only the person who purchased the MemoryMaker can download the photos.

BigTxEars

We get it every trip, keep saying we won't but we do each trip anyways :) It's pretty cool to have those pictures saved digitally.

jcldtrek

I have one question, it says memory maker includes photos taken at character dinings. If that's the case , at those places do you still get the photos at the restaurant printed and in their folder or is everything digital. Gonna be going to chef mickeys and they take the photo before they sit you. Just wondering how that works there. Also when they give you the digital pics for your vacation , is there a time limit to print them out like in Photopass or are they there with no time limit to being removed. Would appreciate the help.

4disneylovers

Not positive about Chef Mickey but I believe I read there would not be pictures given there when photopass was totally worked through the system.

There is an expiration date from the day the picture was taken and a separate expiration date from the date you first download. These were confusing to me. I think it is 45 days from day picture taken and 30 days from first download. So you really have to watch.

Example: we were there 2 weeks. We were told if I downloaded day after we got back our first picture expiration date and from first download date would end up being same day. However, you want to download them and save them that way you have them after they are gone from disney site.

TheMouseFan

I have one question, it says memory maker includes photos taken at character dinings. If that's the case , at those places do you still get the photos at the restaurant printed and in their folder or is everything digital. Gonna be going to chef mickeys and they take the photo before they sit you. Just wondering how that works there. Also when they give you the digital pics for your vacation , is there a time limit to print them out like in Photopass or are they there with no time limit to being removed. Would appreciate the help.
You only get the digital download in most of the restaurants, including Chef Mickey's. CRT and Akershus are the only ones with prints still included, and those, I believe, will be going away soon. I think they are still offering the prints at the other restaurants, they just aren't included with the Memory Maker.

You have a limited time to edit and download the photos, and then you can print at any time from your downloads. The site is pretty good now at keeping you aware of the expiration dates. They even send emails when dates are getting close.

yensid67

Here is a question I have not found/seen the answer for...

After purchasing the Memory Maker online...
#1- How do you get your package(What do you get to tell photographers you have Memory Maker)?
#2- Do you have to have Magicbands to use Memory Maker or are your tickets used as well?
#3- You have to edit your pics with borders,etc BEFORE you download to your computer?
#4- What are the deadlines? I read that you have 30 days to use Memory Maker photographers for pics and then 45 day from the first pic or download until pics expire?
#5- If we are going to WDW Oct 8-18, our first day will be later in the week, when should we purchase Memory Maker? Before we leave of once we get there?

Still a little confused

Beholder

Don't know about the topic really, but I'd just like to say that if given the opportunity, take a million photos if you can. One day, and you more than likely won't know which day, they will be priceless. I was a photo making machine while at soccer games and Disney and other vacations and trips, and especially now, I'm so very, very glad I did. The photos will capture and freeze time and the people in them, and you'll be so grateful you did.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here is a question I have not found/seen the answer for...

After purchasing the Memory Maker online...
#1- How do you get your package(What do you get to tell photographers you have Memory Maker)?
#2- Do you have to have Magicbands to use Memory Maker or are your tickets used as well?
#3- You have to edit your pics with borders,etc BEFORE you download to your computer?
#4- What are the deadlines? I read that you have 30 days to use Memory Maker photographers for pics and then 45 day from the first pic or download until pics expire?
#5- If we are going to WDW Oct 8-18, our first day will be later in the week, when should we purchase Memory Maker? Before we leave of once we get there?

Still a little confused
1. No,you don't have to tell the photographers that you have MM. There is no physical "package". It is all digital.
2. While even regular park tickets will work for the Photopass pictures, only a Magic Band will work for the rides.
3. Yes, that is highly recommended.
4. Pictures expire 45 days from when the date the picture was taken. You can extend that to 60 days for an additional fee.
5. Disney usually offers pre-trip discounts, so it would usually be best to purchase prior to going there. Just make sure that you register on the myphotopass site, and ensure that your tickets and MM all all linked in the MDE app before you go.

yensid67

Thanks for the info...just one more thing I thought of...

I am assuming that Memory maker is for all the parks for the same price? We are planning to go to MK, Epcot and AK and want to make sure we are using MM to full extent!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks for the info...just one more thing I thought of...

I am assuming that Memory maker is for all the parks for the same price? We are planning to go to MK, Epcot and AK and want to make sure we are using MM to full extent!
MM is for WDW. Anywhere there's a photopass photographer or ride photos.

TiggerDad

Answers based on our recent purchase...
1. Just have your magic band scanned by the photographer. They know the drill very well. No need to tell them anything specific. Make sure you see memory maker in your MDE account before you leave so that you are ready to get pics taken upon arrival. Also, you do NOT need to scan your band at the end of rides - pics are added automagically.
2. IDK... we used magic bands
3. You can download the same pics as many times as you want. I downloaded all of the originals first, and then began to edit. When you edit you can save the pic with a new name, and then download the edited version, too.
4. 30 day window from first photo until you can no longer add new photos to the package. 45 days from the first download until you can no longer download. Disney sends email reminders. You are able to view proofs in the MDE app, just don't download until you get home so that the 45 day clock starts then, and not while still on vacation.
5. Buy it early - before you leave. IIRC, you have to make the purchase at least a couple of days before first planned use. Also, there is a discount for an advance online purchase. I purchased it a couple of months in advance, and made sure that all nine magic bands were linked so that anyone in our party could get a pic from a photographer or a ride and all get saved to a single memory maker account (mine).
Just got back, and I noticed that some rides like Mine Train added the pictures (and videos!) automatically based on us wearing the bands, while for other rides like Space Mountain the photos did not appear unless we claimed them at the end of the ride at the photo station. If you have multiple people in your party and they each tap on the picture with their band at the end of the ride, you will end up with multiple copies of the same picture. You will also end up with pictures of other people if your kids decide to claim those photos as well. ;-)
The photos appear fairly quickly in your MDE app, but with a watermark over them until you activate the pictures. The app says once you activate the pictures, you have 30 days to download them. Not sure if that or the 45 days is accurate.
If you do Enchanted Tales with Belle, they will hand you a card at the end and you will need to link that to your photopass account. The app has a feature to scan a code on the card, but we couldn't get that to work and had to type in the code from the card each time. Yes, we did it more than once. Don't judge. :)
We got a photopass card from the first camera person and then linked that with the account before figuring out you could just have them scan the magic band - much easier and faster, but both methods delivered pictures to the app quickly. Ride pictures took a little longer to show up. We spent part of the time with another family, and for the pictures with both families they would scan a band from each party to link the pictures to each of us.

yensid67

OK, sooo much information! Let me pass it by you and see if I have it right...

I purchase the Memory Maker online for $149 DISCOUNTED price a few days BEFORE I leave for Vacation. Then when I get to WDW, I purchase a Magicband so that pictures from rides can be included. (CAN WE PURCHASE, CHOOSE COLOR BEFORE WE LEAVE AS WELL?) We have 30 days to add pictures to our account, once we download we have 45 days to edit and make final edits until we finalize the package. When we are in the 45 days window, I need to download the ORIGINAL pictures and then go back in and edit them and download them. Disney will send emails regarding how much time is left before pictures expire!

OK, so those in the know...Have I got it down or am I still confused on some things? Please let me know! Don't forget to answer the question in the perentheses)

TiggerDad

OK, sooo much information! Let me pass it by you and see if I have it right...

I purchase the Memory Maker online for $149 DISCOUNTED price a few days BEFORE I leave for Vacation. Then when I get to WDW, I purchase a Magicband so that pictures from rides can be included. (CAN WE PURCHASE, CHOOSE COLOR BEFORE WE LEAVE AS WELL?) We have 30 days to add pictures to our account, once we download we have 45 days to edit and make final edits until we finalize the package. When we are in the 45 days window, I need to download the ORIGINAL pictures and then go back in and edit them and download them. Disney will send emails regarding how much time is left before pictures expire!

OK, so those in the know...Have I got it down or am I still confused on some things? Please let me know! Don't forget to answer the question in the perentheses)
I will tell you what we did: I purchased the memory maker online at the same time as the rest of the package and got the discounted rate. (I think you can wait to add it to your package until a few days before you leave but not sure)
Our package was to stay onsite, so they shipped us Magicbands several weeks in advance and there was no separate charge for the magicbands. We had to choose the color I think 30 days out so they would have time to ship them. I believe you get grey if you don't choose the color in time, and if you book short notice you have to pick up your bands when you check in. Also, I think they only ship the bands to US addresses. I don't know if you get Magicbands with your package if you are staying off-site, but you can purchase them (or re-use old bands from a prior trip).
From past experience, Disney does send emails reminding you of deadlines, but we haven't seen those yet as we are just back now so I can't comment on the exact timing of when those come, and I'm not 100% sure how the 30/45 day windows work. I do know there was a note on the MDE app on my phone saying that the reason the pictures had a big watermark over them was that I hadn't activated the pictures, and once I do activate I only have 30 days to download those pictures. I chose to activate while on site in order to better see the pictures, so we made sure to download them as soon as we got back to make sure we didn't miss any deadlines (and the enjoy/share the photos).
We did not do any of the editing/borders/etc. so can't comment on that.
The pictures included 60-some generic park pictures supplied by Disney that you can't see on the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom