Memory Maker worth it now?

ThunderRebel

Original Poster
We’re headed to Disney World for Thanksgiving break. For those of you who have visited since the reopening, were you less inclined to pose for Photo Pass photographers due to wearing masks? I usually get Memory Maker for family trips but not sure if I will this time.

mergatroid

We’re headed to Disney World for Thanksgiving break. For those of you who have visited since the reopening, were you less inclined to pose for Photo Pass photographers due to wearing masks? I usually get Memory Maker for family trips but not sure if I will this time.

We've only had it when it's been free with either our AP's or our 14 day passes (for UK guests). We're booked to go next March (fingers crossed) and have it free with our tickets. I'm sure we'll get some pictures taken if only to mark the wearing of masks being such a unique occasion. However I'd imagine we'll have far less taken than normal as having half your face covered does look a bit odd (depending on what you look like normally I guess) :D

JIMINYCR

I certainly wouldnt waste my money on it. Wearing a mask in a picture wouldnt be ones that showed our smiling faces and our enjoyment. Unless this is a one time trip, or special celebration, or family get together and be the only chance to have a photo memory of the trip. Weve been many times and have an assortment of smiling happy faces pics. But its all up to you as to how the masked look will be accepted by you after the trip. Its your memory. Lots of people arent phased by the mask look at all. It certainly will commemorate a different Disney kind of trip, if thats what you want to memorialize.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO..Better to save $200. I went prior to the shutdown and half of my photos never came up and I had done several rides that utilized the photo pass system..It's a hit or miss and with CM's unable to take your phone for photos it's an odd mix right now..

NelleBelle

IMO..Better to save $200. I went prior to the shutdown and half of my photos never came up and I had done several rides that utilized the photo pass system..It's a hit or miss and with CM's unable to take your phone for photos it's an odd mix right now..
So there aren't any photopass photographers? Well that definitely doesn't make it worth it for me. I don't mind having pictures taken with masks on but would like the disney photographers to be able to take some as it'll just be my mom and me and I don't want to give my camera over for "strangers" to take the pictures. 😞

Ldno

They are easier to spot know though since they have a foldable umbrella over them and the app matches their locations, but me being military I pay 99 bucks for it, worth it for me! You can still get creative with poses and masks so iddk, Like Nellebelle mentioned, you can’t give them your phone anymore for pictures.

Gillyanne

So there aren't any photopass photographers?

When I was there in Sept, they were still out, maybe not as many, but at least the row down main street was still in full force. Since layoffs happened since I've been, I'm not sure if they've been cut, but if anything it would be lower number of them out vs. all together I think.

I'm debating the cost now myself. We usually get it w/ the AP but when renewal time for my mom came around (which her original date was during the closure, but we wanted/needed to get it renewed when the reservation system was announced) we only did the silver because we wanted to pay in full, and just planned to upgrade later. A few weeks ago when I asked, Chat agent told me they can't do upgrades since pass sales are halted (but we'll see when we get back there in a few weeks, it seems more inline with a renewal b/c she has a pass) But if we can't upgrade, and her pass doesn't include the MM, then I'm not sure if it's worth to pay the MM fee more than 1time (the price difference for silver to Gold is usually about the same as 1 MM purchase). I know the MM capture period is currently through the end of the year if it's purchased before 01 Dec (vs. the 30 days or whatever it was before) ; but her pass is still good until Sept of next year, so even if we can upgrade in a few months, it's still essentially paying the fee 2x....

Minnesota disney fan

I wouldn't at disney.
However, at Universal I believe they allow the masks off for pictures? Correct me if I am wrong.
I would buy one over there if no masks in the pictures.
Masks kind of ruin the effect of the happy expressions, IMO>

NelleBelle

I'm on the fence over getting one for our trip in April. If there are photographers out and about, then I'll be happy to add it to our package, but if they're not, then no way am I paying for that! But it is quite handy for taking pictures. Although, the quality of photographer does vary. Last trip we had it and had quite a few pics that were, er, not great--they were out of focus, subjects were framed wrong, just crap. But we've had some trips were all the pics were awesome! Hoping we can make use out of them next April as they really do bring the "magic" and make your trips memorable. And really hope they have gotten rid of those stupid automated photo boxes when they finally bring M&Gs back!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom