Memory Maker - worth it for a small party?

Hey Guys!

So i am planning a disney world trip for the first time with a friend. I have been to disney world many times but this will be the first time my friend is going. Right now, i am debating whether or not to get the MM.
I want to know if it is going to be worth it?- We are hitting 3 theme parks 2 waterparks and downtown disney. We are only going to be there for 6 days(not including traveling) and staying on disney property.
We are only doing 1 character dinning at the Cinderella's royal table. So i dont know if it makes sense to get it or not. we are definitely planning to go on most of the rides, so that is a plus for the MM. But i am not so sure if i will be getting my moneys worth.

Also! my biggest concern is that we are going in july. if i do get the MM, how long would i have to wait to take pictures infront of popular places and with characters? i really want to get everything but is it worth buying the MM or doing it ourselves myself?

i would really like to hear from famalies and their experience with the MM and those who purchased the MM with a party of 2

one last question- sorry, it is not relevant to the MM but do you guys think we should hit animal kingdom.
our schedule is as follow:
1st day: epcot
2: typhoon lagoon
3: hollywood studios
4: break day - jet skiing at 10 am and dinner at the contemporary at 7:30
- i would really like not to bother this day because i would like to have time to get ready and dressed up for this occasion.
5- magic kingdom
6- blizzard beach and downtown disney at night

we have 3 theme parks ith the water park option. so we dont have to hit one waterpark. you guys think we should go to AK on day 6. Ive personally never liked animal kingdom and figured we would perfer going to a waterpark. what you guys do? the only reason im debating because it is my friend's first time. i dont want her to sacrafice anything just cause i have experienced it many times.

KLinder7

I bought it and it was only me on the trip. They took over 250 pictures including ride photos and would say 95% of them were good shots! The trip was 9 nights, ten days. Yes I took a lot of the same photos with my iphone but the pictures seem to have a better quality to them. Think it comes down to the fact can you afford it or not. If you buy photos one off, that will be costly too.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

We're not so big on the waterparks - maybe when the kids get a little older and are stronger swimmers - but you seem fairly young adult-ish so I'd guess you'd get more fun out of the water parks. And f one day at Mk is enough for you, have at it. As for Memory Maker, I'd think it'd be worth it just so you never have to ask a cast member or a stranger to take your pics for you so you could both be together without doing the outstretched arm thing. It'd be 75 bucks for each of you. I'd go for it.

Upvote 0

tlev

I purchased the MM for our party of 3 for 3 different trips. For me, it's worth the money as I'm the only one that ever takes decent photos so I was never actually in any good photos. Each trip I've ended up with around 300 pictures most of which are very, very good so I would definitely go for it.

Upvote 0

MJCota

We bought it as well so I could be in the photos and not just my son and husband. It'd be worth it so you all can be in those pictures :) Plus you get all the ride photos to and some of them can be so funny.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I don't think the matter of worth depends on party size...I think it depends on whether or not you're into taking your own pictures. Ultimately, if you weren't planning on taking any pictures on your own...having something like Memory Maker would be worth it just so you have some pictures for your trip. Alternately, if you're planning on bringing your own camera or take a lot of pics on your phone, it might not be worth it. I take thousands of pics per trip on my camera, so we rarely fork over any $ to Disney for pictures, but lots of people find it liberating to ditch the camera so if that's you- it could be worth it.

Upvote 0

cw1982

My answer is not going to help, but I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago and got pretty similar responses LOL... so I'm partially responding so that I'll see other responses, and partially to say that I too find this to be a tough decision. I'm still trying to make up my mind!

Upvote 0

sissa216

I've been purchasing Memory Maker (PhotoPass+, and just PhotoPass CD before that) for years. Even when it was just my husband and myself, we would still come home with a few hundred pictures.
We always found it worthwhile for us; I enjoy getting the borders and enhancements, and the magic shots (such as Tinkerbell in your hand). Throw in the added bonus of attractions photos, and I definitely find it to be a good value.

As far as Animal Kingdom versus both water parks- I personally choose AK, but that is just what we prefer. We're not huge into water parks. I think they are both fantastic and a lot of fun, but I prefer to spend time in the parks. I can't give you a good answer on that though; you'll know best what the two of you will enjoy!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Depends more on how many pictures you would take, and what your touring habits are. You can still pre-buy the Photopass Archive CD if you want to save money, but it sounds like you would possibly want the ride photos. CRT is a non issue as you get those photos included in your dining cost (unless this changed recently).
I've had photographers had no lines, but then the next one up Main Street has 6 families waiting. Figure 2-3 minutes per family tops, you usually won't wait more than 5 mins. The big lines occur when there are only a few photographers set up, sometimes by Partners statue at Night, or during Osborne Lights. (Not an issue in July)
Break even is still in the 8-10 prints/digital downloads. So if you really want the ride photos, then it's almost a no brainer. If you two want spontaneous photos with the characters, then the CD or MM+ is the way to go. If you mostly want the posed shots in front of the icons, and a posed shot with the characters, the Photopass Photographers and character handlers will gladly do that with your camera, so no CD or MM+ needed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom