Memory Maker linked to Magic Band

Betsyboo

I'm looking forward to use MM next trip. If I pre-purchased MM do I still need to go to the photo purchasing station when we get there? Also, when we go on a ride that have the photo ride option do we need to mark the number of the photo to add it to our account or is it automatic linked now?
If you pre purchase you'll link it to your band or use the card you receive by mail. No need to visit a photopass station. After rides you'll need to visit the photo desk at the ride and guve them the number from your photo and they'll put the picture directly on the MB or card.

LucyK

If you pre purchase you'll link it to your band or use the card you receive by mail. No need to visit a photopass station. After rides you'll need to visit the photo desk at the ride and guve them the number from your photo and they'll put the picture directly on the MB or card.
Thanks! Pretty much the same as photopass plus minus the need to visit the photopass station. Good.

disney dharling

Called them on Tuesday afternoon. The CM took all the info and called me back after linking all the photos to my account. Will have to call again as we are still missing ones from my daughter's band and are missing Tinkerbells in a series of Magic Shots.

I think for now they need to remove the family & friends view and purchase as it seems to not be functioning at all. My understanding is that I can see my brother's family pics because the CM added them to my account for me. I was told that any adjustments they made to the pictures would not be visible to me or vice versa and if we share them via email it is hit or miss as to whether or not the extras will appear.

webbiesx6

Hi, we are going to WDW on 7th April, would love to pre-purchase memory maker. The problem is my dad has the disney account (13 of us travelling together) but myself and my sister want to purchase the memory maker. Would our bands work or only our dads?

Weather_Lady

Here's what happened for us last week. I did the prepurchase MM at $149 and linked it to our MBs.

I was a little worried about it but felt confident with the photographers as they did seem to be making sure something was happening each time we had our pictures taken.

We had some time to kill before an ADR at Ohana and I decided to look at our pics since they have a Photopass location at the Poly. Glad I did. All of our regular photos were there but none of the attractions photos were showing up. Great CM made a call and magically they appeared. This was Wednesday.

On Thursday we were at HS and had ToT and RNRC pictures taken. Towards the end of the day I checked our pictures at one of the Photopass locations. No attractions photos. That CM was a different story. She made no attempt to help and handed me a business card for the Photopass Help Desk. I called, they told me to give it 24-48 for the photos to show up. They said they couldn't see them.

Sunday after arriving home I downloaded all the photos. No attraction photos from Thursday or Friday (also a HS day). Disappointed. Help Desk not open on Sunday.

Called Monday, 35 minute wait, no thank you.

Called yesterday, yes, after a few minutes the CM was able to find the photos and link them to me.

I honestly have no idea what the problem was. I tried to explain that the same thing had happened while we were there. It seemed to be a recurring problem with attraction only photos. She was interested but really was helpful and nice. I think she just didn't know what to say.

Will I buy Memory Maker again? Probably. Last year they lost my treasured Gaston photos (LOL) and they were never recovered. We like the convenience and it worked out well since it was just the two of us this time.

My recommendation would be to check the photos everyday and make sure everything is there and get it resolved while you're in the park.

Did you stop at the photo area (where they display the onride photos) after each attraction and have yours added to your account via your MagicBand, and they still didn't show up? I've read that this is what you need to do for them to show up in your Memory Maker account, but it seems like a hassle for the guest, when surely WDW has the ability to put scanners near the cameras so they "know" whose account the pictures need to be added to...

TheMouseFan

Did you stop at the photo area (where they display the onride photos) after each attraction and have yours added to your account via your MagicBand, and they still didn't show up? I've read that this is what you need to do for them to show up in your Memory Maker account, but it seems like a hassle for the guest, when surely WDW has the ability to put scanners near the cameras so they "know" whose account the pictures need to be added to...
They certainly do have this capability! We went in November, and only pre-ordered the regular PP CD (not the PP+). We had all of our ride photos except for EE and ToT show up without us doing anything (because I hadn't ordered the PP+). Apparently, they were doing some sort of testing at that time that has since been discontinued. Hopefully, this will be the way it always works and you won't have to stop after the ride to add the photos.

Betsyboo

Yes. I stopped every time and had them added to my MB. As I posted, I was eventually able to get them but not without a hassle.

Betsyboo

Hi, we are going to WDW on 7th April, would love to pre-purchase memory maker. The problem is my dad has the disney account (13 of us travelling together) but myself and my sister want to purchase the memory maker. Would our bands work or only our dads?
If you and your sister are linked to your dad's account MM would work with either of your MBs. I'm not sure how it would work for you both to purchase, I think it would be different if you weren't linked to your dad's account. You may want to give them a call and explain the situation before buying.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Original Poster
Well I could not be happier with the my photo's showing up. Each and everyone appeared on its own, no phone calls, no trips to the photopass desk.

We got many great photo's on the attractions. My only disappointment was how few photographers there were.
We'd find them in the parks before the icon's but that was about it. We did find a few more in the WS at Epcot but again all aiming at SSE in the distance and one looking at the tower in France. So many times the lines for the few photographers were unbelievably long. In the studios though after a huge rain that we missed by being in a long queue for Toy we met up with a great photographer that was aiming at the hat. He was bored with so many wet guests not having any interest in photo's. So when we dry guests stopped he did a full photo shoot. My DD and I had umbrellas out because of the mist ending the storm. So many poses and then he took us to the side of the street backs to the stores and started all over again using our umbrellas as props. He was so good and unlike any other photographer. It was fun and great photos of my DD and I.

All and all a thumbs up great experience. My comment to Disney, hire more photographers.

foxfamily238

We had a really great experience as well. No missing photos. Lots of great shots of DH, DD, and I near the icons, some character shots with all of us, and some with just DD. They got some great shots of the interactions between DD7 and the characters, and of her ETWB experience. (She got to be Mrs. Potts). We also got lots of cool magic shots including a few with Olaf dancing in front of us from HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom