Memory Maker has expired... Help!

Kristi Sutton

Original Poster
I am sick as I'm writing this... Hoping for something positive to take my sickness away....
We were at WDW 72 days ago.... I had PRE-PURCHASED the memory maker package for all the awesome photos & videos. They were beautiful! I'd check them while we were there. The kids had fun with them too. Vacation was over, life happened, hustle & bustle. I didn't slow down to download them. (THINKING I HAD PLENTY OF TIME!) YIKES!

Since it's been SOOOO long, do you think they will still give me an extension???? OR are they completely gone. I'm sick. I can't call until the morning. Just wondering if someone has advice to get me through the day. Ugh.

Tom

Beta Return

ShareBDwithMickey

You can only try, but it may be in the balance. If the account was in your name did you not get the warning emails to say the photo's were due to expire?

If not this may help support your request, something along the lines of saying because I didn't get the email giving me the heads up I forgot, I'm happy to pay for the extension are you able to help?

Anything you can provide them with so they can find your account would be useful to have available as well. I can only hope Disney are able to assist, best of luck.

WillCAD

You can call and ask, but prepare yourself for disappointment.

You've got two separate expiration periods to deal with:

1) PhotoPass photos expire after 45 days, unless you purchase a one-time 15-day extension, which you must do BEFORE they expire. Your photos have expired already, so they'd have to be recovered first, and even then, you're way beyond the 60-day maximum.

2) The Memory Maker product is a download entitlement which gives you 30 days to download your photos. This 30-day window is not connected to the expiration of your photos - the 30-day countdown starts when you make your first download, and it can end before your photos are all expired, or it can continue after all of your photos have expired. If you didn't download a single photo, then your Memory Maker entitlement is still good. But if you downloaded even one photo before they expired, then your Memory Maker entitlement will also be expired.

So, first things first - can they bring back all of your expired photos? If they can't, then that's that, your photos will be gone.

If they can bring back all of your expired photos, AND your Memory Maker entitlement has not been used, then you should be able to download your photos.

This is a lot of IFs, though, so like I said - be prepared for disappointment. Or at the very least, for a lot of time on the phone explaining over and over what happened and waiting for someone to get back to you.

You can only try, but it may be in the balance. If the account was in your name did you not get the warning emails to say the photo's were due to expire?

If not this may help support your request, something along the lines of saying because I didn't get the email giving me the heads up I forgot, I'm happy to pay for the extension are you able to help?

Anything you can provide them with so they can find your account would be useful to have available as well. I can only hope Disney are able to assist, best of luck.

It's entirely possible that the warning emails all went into the OP's spam quarantine. Happens a lot.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Call them and explain your situation. Earlier this year we let our window slip by because, to it simply, I was an idiot and didn't download them when I should have and for some reason about half our photos disappeared for three weeks but reappeared right before our window closed.

When we called, we simply explained what happened and asked if there was anything they could do. After a little bit of hold and more hold we were told that our photos would be restored overnight and they could see that our photos were all simply locked. To add to the great service response they mailed us a set of CDs and printed four or five of the best prints for free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom